Old 07-31-2006, 07:07 PM   #323
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDS
Coming from Detroit, or from I-94 from either direction, into Apple Creek Campground, you take Mt Hope Rd (exit 150) south to the bucolic village of Grass Lake. You will take a right at the light at Michigan Ave, and go to Wolf Lake Rd. There is a road closed sign at the corner of Michigan and Wolf Lake. Don't be dismayed at this sign, just go around it and make your turn. There's a shoprite grocery store on the corner, if you need to stock up on anything. If you take Mt Hope north, you go to the Waterloo Rec area, Portage Lake and Sugarloaf Lake units. There are campgrounds at both places, but I'll bet they're full this weekend, and anyway, the action is at Apple Creek. Anyway, be aware of this sign, it won't cause any problems, the construction is about a quarter mile up the road. We'll keep the light on for ya.
Thanks for the directions Harold! I get to check off one item from my list!

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:09 PM   #324
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Let me reiterate....We will be waiting, with warm yummy comfort food for you to show up Friday. We'll say Hi, we'll feed you. We might, but no promise, might have a beverage for you, too.

Don't worry, unless you roll in after midnite, and then I can't promise we'll still be standining, but you can have leftovers!

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 07-31-2006, 07:14 PM   #325
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Why dont you just have everybody take care of thenselves as far as plates etc??? REMEMBER,,No outside campfire wood can be brought into the campground, but if we all chip in and buy some we should have enough!!!
Old 07-31-2006, 08:42 PM   #326
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
hotdog buns

Larry and I can stop and get some hd buns...how many packages would you suggest??? Give me a rough guesstimate??
Lou W.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:53 PM   #327
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
I was thinking of doing some sausages rather than hotdogs since I'm partial to sausages. Any others?
Lou, by the sounds of what everyone else has said there will be lots of dogs to wrap in buns. Who's going to eat them all?
Lou P. What is your favourite beer? You know the Canadian stuff! The real deal!!!
Maybe I can get some on the way down.
For the caravanning we will probably get to Gratiot Ave early. Eight or nine. Can be there earlier if you want. Let me know.
Al
Old 07-31-2006, 09:00 PM   #328
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
check in sheet

Lou P. was going to do a check in sheet with the names of those coming in each unit.....maybe?? Maybe everyone can just chime in with how many are in coming in their party?? I will multiply that to about 2 buns for each member and add a few. Unless John or Lou P. know how many already.
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 07-31-2006, 09:03 PM   #329
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
Hi Lou,
Jean and I will be there.
Al
Old 07-31-2006, 09:04 PM   #330
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
Lou and Larry,
Can't wait to meet up with you guys again!
Al
Old 07-31-2006, 09:10 PM   #331
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
Lou P. was going to do a check in sheet with the names of those coming in each unit.....maybe?? Maybe everyone can just chime in with how many are in coming in their party?? I will multiply that to about 2 buns for each member and add a few. Unless John or Lou P. know how many already.
Lou
Here's how I have been counting: We now have 23 confirmed reservations, with 66Overlanders coming on Saturday morning, maybe. I know of at least two other sets of people that have expressed interest in stopping by to say hi. That's 25 parties, and I'm guestimating two persons per, with at least 10% extra, so say 55 people for dinner. If everyone wants a dog, then that's 55. There's going to be plenty of food, so will anyone want more than one? I think aiming for about 60 dogs for Saturday, with maybe 30 or 40 for night one (Friday), should cover it.

I could be way crazy here and off the mark, so if anyone has a better guess, lemme know.

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 07-31-2006, 09:21 PM   #332
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
more buns

Larry and I will be there for the shindig on Thurs. and Fri. I thought that the dogs were for Fri. night. I didn't realize you were doing dogs again for Sat.
I just got done cooking for band camp...feeding 60 hungry teenagers. I bought about 15 pkg. of buns! 120 dogs! So do you think 15 pkg. is enough? Chime in y'all!
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 07-31-2006, 09:22 PM   #333
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
Hey John,
I thought all this talk about hotdogs and snacks was for the Friday evening mixer.
Al
Old 07-31-2006, 09:28 PM   #334
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
Here's how I have been counting: We now have 23 confirmed reservations, with 66Overlanders coming on Saturday morning, maybe.
Turn that "maybe" back into a "yes". I've talked with Lorrie and I think we are good to go ('er arrive) Saturday morning, if there is still a spot for us. Even though it's only for a day, I went back and re-registered on the forum link.

I tried to call the camp ground today, but all I got was a recording. I wasn't in a situation where they could call me back, so I didn't leave a message. Do I need to call them, or are one of you (AYRSTREAM2, HDS?) managing the registrations? Are we #24, or now one of the overflow reservations? If the latter, where exactly are the 4 overflow spots that are close by? It is not clear from their site map:

As for a Saturday Dish-to-Pass, we haven't discussed it yet, but I may suggest to Lorrie that we bring the broccolli salad we brought to LPPI 1 last year (it seemed to go over pretty well). Now to find some Canadian beer . . .
WBCCI/VAC #6768

(Looking for a vintage 1960's fiberglass front window guard)
66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:43 PM   #335
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Whoops! Actually, the hot dog incident has sort of grown up around us here. OK, let's say that the hot dogs are for Friday, with tater tots. Everyone good with that?

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 07-31-2006, 09:44 PM   #336
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
We're getting pretty close to nailing down the details for the potluck...except for plates, napkins and tableware. I need someone to volunteer to buy and bring 100 chinette paper plates and enough napkins, plastic knives and forks to go with. I also need the donation of several regular sized garbage bags. Who can help out here?
I have the garbage bags! When you do restorations like I do them you need a lot of garbage bags!