Old 07-31-2006, 12:04 AM   #309
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagongirl
Steph, coney sauce with the onions and mustard sounds great.
I'll also have salsa and chips.

See ya friday after work
Im sure I'll get the beanies in time, I did have them overnight shipped so it should be fine.
I did hear though Lou that the Beanie convention is next weekend and they may have a big run on them??? We'll see
Hey, we can always say that these beanies are OEM vintage beanies and that no one else has them! We could sell them for twice the price then!

Old 07-31-2006, 06:19 AM   #310
2 Rivet Member

1967 20' Globetrotter
Vintage Kin Owner
detroit , Michigan
"OEM Vintage Beanies" yes that's the ticket!! Now if they come in there own box we are golden!

Old 07-31-2006, 08:47 AM   #311
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Glad to bring coney fixings, you might want to bring your own tums/mylanta/prevacid !!
Old 07-31-2006, 09:56 AM   #312
1 Rivet Member

2006 19' International CCD
Royal Oak , Michigan
Friday night

Sherri and I are looking forward to this weekend. Unfortunately, I don't think we will make the pot luck on Friday night. We will probably won't get to AppleCreek until about 6:30 or 7....I am sad to say I will miss the vintage beanies.

We will probably have another couple with us. They are trailer-less and will be tenting (GASP!!) on our site - I hope that is not a problem.

See ya' soon!

RetroPalace
aka Robert & Sherri Jameson
Old 07-31-2006, 10:12 AM   #313
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Talking Euchre

Hello everyone... We will bring our Special Canadian deck of cards.. made only to let us win.. lol .... seriously.. we will also do Salsa dip with sour cream and cream cheese topped with salsa and grated Tex Mex cheese with corn chips... We are on the countdown.. we may leave as early as Wed..
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:07 AM   #314
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
I will also have a grill with me.. Its not a huge one but can put quite a bit on it,,,
Old 07-31-2006, 11:11 AM   #315
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Yes I have a set of shoes and can bring them along.. Hope they have a Pitt...
Old 07-31-2006, 12:52 PM   #316
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroPalace
Sherri and I are looking forward to this weekend. Unfortunately, I don't think we will make the pot luck on Friday night. We will probably won't get to AppleCreek until about 6:30 or 7....I am sad to say I will miss the vintage beanies.

We will probably have another couple with us. They are trailer-less and will be tenting (GASP!!) on our site - I hope that is not a problem.

See ya' soon!

RetroPalace
aka Robert & Sherri Jameson

Hey, have no fear, the potluck is on SATURDAY night. That way the Friday arrivers don't have to scramble to get cooking.

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:08 PM   #317
HDS
2 Rivet Member

hot dogs

LeeAnn tells me she can fit 30 hot dogs on our little grill, I don't believe it, so let's try. We can roast 'em on the campfire Friday nite too. Do we get a prize got gaining the most weight at the potluck? I think I've put on a couple of pounds just reading the menu. It looks like the heat will break for the weekend, and it shouldn't rain. This is going to be a great time for all and one.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:27 PM   #318
2 Rivet Member

1967 20' Globetrotter
Vintage Kin Owner
detroit , Michigan
Robert and Sherri made me think, we won't get there till about 7 or 8, we will also miss the weanies, sorry. Just so excited about getting out for some camping, I forgot we have to work that day. Maybe we'll try to get a half day??
Old 07-31-2006, 06:37 PM   #319
HDS
2 Rivet Member

Grass Lake

Coming from Detroit, or from I-94 from either direction, into Apple Creek Campground, you take Mt Hope Rd (exit 150) south to the bucolic village of Grass Lake. You will take a right at the light at Michigan Ave, and go to Wolf Lake Rd. There is a road closed sign at the corner of Michigan and Wolf Lake. Don't be dismayed at this sign, just go around it and make your turn. There's a shoprite grocery store on the corner, if you need to stock up on anything. If you take Mt Hope north, you go to the Waterloo Rec area, Portage Lake and Sugarloaf Lake units. There are campgrounds at both places, but I'll bet they're full this weekend, and anyway, the action is at Apple Creek. Anyway, be aware of this sign, it won't cause any problems, the construction is about a quarter mile up the road. We'll keep the light on for ya. And Steph, please save us two beanies, I think I would be smashing in a beanie.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:57 PM   #320
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Hey! Don't worry everyone! We don't go to bed at 9pm!!!!

On Friday, I intend to make sure that everyone that arrives gets a hot dog and some of our contribution to the welcome/mixer---Tater tots!!!! Yes, my lovely and talented, Shell, has volunteered to make a bottomless pan of tater tots with cheese and bacon to go along with the hot dogs on Friday, for all new comers and oldsters alike!

So DO NOT fret about missing Friday activities....We'll be sitting around the fire roasting our weenies and trying not to burn our buns and eating tater tots...stop on by! Bring a cold beverage and introduce yourselves!!!!!

BTW, who's got the buns?

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 07-31-2006, 07:01 PM   #321
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Important Details

We're getting pretty close to nailing down the details for the potluck...except for plates, napkins and tableware. I need someone to volunteer to buy and bring 100 chinette paper plates and enough napkins, plastic knives and forks to go with. I also need the donation of several regular sized garbage bags. Who can help out here?

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 07-31-2006, 07:02 PM   #322
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Don't know about you all but I eat ALL day long... and night... on most days. If you want we might be able to get a dog to you (past hours) since we have been provided with this much advance notice.

EDIT: I see John has it handled, good man. Yummy taters too!!!!!!

I'll bring buns.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote