Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-26-2006, 08:45 PM   #221
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl
Jean and I plan on arrivng Thursday evening even though it may be fairly late.
Also Jean is planning on making a strawberry trifle for dessert for the pot luck.
Al
Cool! Thanks!

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:13 PM   #222
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Hi Nancy,

If this rally doesn't fit your schedule there will be other events in the future, whether a get together or a rally. Some of those same folks you may have met at the WBCCI rally in Durand are part of Lou's crew. If you do find you can make a quick stop somehow come by and see us. You don't need an AS you just have to swear loyalty to the grand leader.
Ah yes. A faithful follower of the "Lou's Aluminum Cult"
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:15 PM   #223
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDS
It's only about 45 minutes up I-94 to Willow Run, and there's a Camping World in Belleville. We were at my brother-in-law's at Belleville last year when the airshow was on, and it looked like something out of a war movie, must have been a dozen B-17's flying around, all in different paint jobs. It was really neat. I think I'll just veg at Apple Creek and meet some new friends and catch the airshow next year.
How about an "Air Show Rally" next year?
I am sure we can find something near Willow Run. Maybe down US-23? I know there are campgrounds down that way!
Old 07-26-2006, 09:18 PM   #224
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by uluwene
Carol, Thank you for the invitation. The Air Show is over at 5:00 so we will plan to drop in for a little while Saturday evening. We would love to chat and pick some of your brains with our questions.
We would love to have you guys stop by. Be sure to do so. There is going to be everything from really new, (Wheel Interested has a brand new trailer), to really old, the motorized, (motorhomes), and then the PERFECT, such as the Argosys!
I still say that the only missing on an Airstream is the beige paint!
Old 07-26-2006, 09:19 PM   #225
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl
Jean and I plan on arrivng Thursday evening even though it may be fairly late.
Also Jean is planning on making a strawberry trifle for dessert for the pot luck.
Al
I will probably save the extra night's camping fees and arrive Friday morning or early afternoon.
I like anything with strawberries in it!
Old 07-26-2006, 09:20 PM   #226
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDS
We're planning to arrive Tuesday nite, its close to home and we can go to work from the campground. This way no one can laugh at me while I try to back up. There'll be beer in the cooler, tho not Canadian Lou, and we'll keep the light on for ya.
Just keep a light on the cooler for me! That way I can see my way to the beer!
Old 07-26-2006, 09:22 PM   #227
Rivet Master

Still bringing the smoker with me!

Who remembers my smoked yard bird from last year? Want more?
I am gonna fire up the smoker Friday night again!
Four birds will be on by 9 or 10 p.m.
YUMMY!
Old 07-26-2006, 09:34 PM   #228
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
please tell me they weren't from your yard.

Actually they were sooooo goood. This time I am watching and looking for trade secrets.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:49 PM   #229
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
please tell me they weren't from your yard.

Actually they were sooooo goood. This time I am watching and looking for trade secrets.
Watch all you want. A good "smoke master" never reveals his secrets; even while being watched!
Old 07-26-2006, 09:52 PM   #230
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
Now, we have 21 listed on the forum rally page, but 66Overlander and now 69GT21 aren't coming, is this correct?
Correct for Lorrie and I. As of right now we won't be camping, but the chance that we'll visit for a few hours on Saturday are improving. What is the plan for Saturday dinner? We might be able to bring something to pass if there is a group meal.

When is the initiation ceremony for new LPPI members? We wouldn't want to miss the spectacle.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 10:06 PM   #231
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander
Correct for Lorrie and I. As of right now we won't be camping, but the chance that we'll visit for a few hours on Saturday are improving. What is the plan for Saturday dinner? We might be able to bring something to pass if there is a group meal.

When is the initiation ceremony for new LPPI members? We wouldn't want to miss the spectacle.
Joe,
I hope you guys can make the potluck. It will be between 4:00-6:00 p.m. Nothing is a definite time. I would like to have it all laid out in the hall by 5 p.m.
It will be B.Y.O.B. (bring your own beverage).
Here are the categories for the awards:
1. Longest haul (in miles).
2. Oldest trailer.
3. Oldest motorhome.
4. Motorhome with the most miles.
5. Most things NOT working in your trailer/motorhome. This will be on the honesty policy!
6. Newest trailer.
7. Oldest tow vehicle.
8. Most beer given to Lou.
9. Showing the most LPPI spirit.
10. Biggest butt kisser to say, "Wow, Lou your trailer is the greatest" or "Lou, you are the restoration king", the most amount of times!

The last three are optional!

The LPPI "new member" introductions will be conducted during the potluck. For those of you not familiar with the "LPPI" we will perform the "Rites of Initiation" Friday evening. Stories from last year's rally will be told. You will be granted full FREE lifetime membership in the LPPI on Saturday at the potluck. What this consists of is having all the new rally attendees stand up and let us welcome you all. Nothing serious. This is all in good fun!
Old 07-26-2006, 10:16 PM   #232
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
I have Jarts, the original Jarts. Also Croquet.
John,

You gotta bring your Jarts!
Old 07-26-2006, 11:02 PM   #233
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Lou .. what about having a garage sale or flea market of Airstream parts that some of us may have lying around?? Anyone interested???
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:08 PM   #234
1 Rivet Member

2006 19' International CCD
Royal Oak , Michigan
first time rally

hey everyone -

i think i replied that i would be attending the rally - just wanted to make sure we are on the list. we won't be able to get there until friday late afternoon.

my wife and i are brand new to trailering and AS. we picked up our 75th anniversary bambi about two months ago and have been giddy ever since!

we look forward to seeing everyone at the rally!

from the retropalace...robert & sherri.
RetroPalace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:23 PM   #235
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycampers
Lou .. what about having a garage sale or flea market of Airstream parts that some of us may have lying around?? Anyone interested???
I would like to unload some of my old Airstream stuff but I just do not have the room to store it to bring it along.
If there is interest then let's do it. I just do not have the room to bring my stuff with me though.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:25 PM   #236
Rivet Master

Welcome, Robert and Sherri! You will be duly initiated on Saturday! Bring a beanie if you have one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroPalace
hey everyone -

i think i replied that i would be attending the rally - just wanted to make sure we are on the list. we won't be able to get there until friday late afternoon.

my wife and i are brand new to trailering and AS. we picked up our 75th anniversary bambi about two months ago and have been giddy ever since!

Old 07-26-2006, 11:28 PM   #237
Rivet Master

One favor....

If you are no longer going to be able to attend, coming for a day or are camping with your spouse please go to the "Upcoming Rallies" link and click on the link at the bottom of the page that says "[I will no longer be attending this event]"
John and I need this so we will have a somewhat accurate count of who is going to be there.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:31 PM   #238
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Lou.. maybe we could post what we have and if anyone is interested we could bring it along ?
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:34 PM   #239
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycampers
Lou.. maybe we could post what we have and if anyone is interested we could bring it along ?
That sounds good to me.
I am up for that.
Go ahead and post away!
It will save people time and money if you could bring the stuff to the rally.
Good idea!
Old 07-27-2006, 01:14 AM   #240
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
NE , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroPalace
hey everyone -

We are looking forward to meeting you and your new Airstream!
AIR 7185
redeagle313 is offline   Reply With Quote