Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-13-2006, 10:49 PM   #155
Rivet Master
 
2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,773
Images: 59
Blog Entries: 5
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Lets see - have to catch up a bit I see. Sunny day today so the computer comes last....

Canadian Ice and those "Whole Cows" you served us sounds a great "repeat" - never saw steaks so big - Peter and I could live on one for a week .

I will have to back up and read more on the "dutch oven cook off" yikes I'm with the :"Carry out Gang" but over here we just "take it....out".

echures in, JARTS have no clue, Davy Crocket we have a set too and we have one of those little portable screen tents that you can just walk around the camp site in will fit a small table and four chairs so it is good for another set up.

Canoe and Yaking sounds great if there are any dog sitters in the house. We will be bringing our furkiddies. Sorry not the small kind the big kind - real friendly except when around Lous dogs - they cowered and got beat up must be the steak left overs Lou feed them...

Well Lou we thought we could not turn down this Rally 2 years running and we are getting a bit of cabin fever around here.

I have a great little snack that you can make and eat with beer - "pony pee" or Canadian Beer Called "Crabbies" you can not catch the crabs from eating them - but you could if you drank too much beer and wondered aimlessly out of the park

I'm with you Lou on the hard stuff - you take care of the lower and I would take care of the upper - so we ain't going there either.......

See you all there... - oh yes where are we going hmm small detail - must hook up with A&M will follow them
__________________

__________________
Everything will be alright in the end. If it is not alright now, then it is not the end.
GT1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:42 AM   #156
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Holy cow, (no pun intended), where to start?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
Lets see - have to catch up a bit I see. Sunny day today so the computer comes last....
Computer has to come first here. That is how I can afford those "Whole Cows" after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
Canadian Ice and those "Whole Cows" you served us sounds a great "repeat" - never saw steaks so big - Peter and I could live on one for a week .
That's the way I like 'em! Nothing like chewing on something that had a hoof on it at one point or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
I will have to back up and read more on the "dutch oven cook off" yikes I'm with the :"Carry out Gang" but over here we just "take it....out".
The Dutch obviously mastered a way to use fire in a box and then claimed as their own. The end result does involve food so I am in it for the "end result".

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
echures in, JARTS have no clue, Davy Crocket we have a set too and we have one of those little portable screen tents that you can just walk around the camp site in will fit a small table and four chairs so it is good for another set up.
Euchre is AWESOME. Jarts are dangerous if you mix it with too many wobbly pops.
Ah, another awesome Canadian play on words: "Davy Crocket" in American is croquet. As they would spell it in Motreal "crouquette".
Bring your screen tent. I have two but Lord knows we can use more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
Canoe and Yaking sounds great if there are any dog sitters in the house. We will be bringing our furkiddies. Sorry not the small kind the big kind - real friendly except when around Lous dogs - they cowered and got beat up must be the steak left overs Lou feed them...
Canoe and kayaking only if there is an outboard motor attached somewhere.
As for your furkiddies, I may not be bringing mine as the hairless type of kiddies take up too much room.
Peter and Sharon's dogs are awesome. Mine suffer from some form of mental disorder when they get around bigger dogs. They think they are big dogs too. Sharon forgot to mention that Cujo (aka Molly) is a Standard Schnauzer that really does not like certain colors of other dogs. She loved one of their dogs but could not stand the other one. Spike (aka Scrappy) is a 10 pound Miniature Schnauzer that thinks he is a Pit Bull. Very harmless but thinks he is not. The leftover thing is true. They eat better than I do when I am out of town, (they get my steak).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
Well Lou we thought we could not turn down this Rally 2 years running and we are getting a bit of cabin fever around here.
If ya woulda missed this one I would have hunted ya down and forced you to drink pony pee while watching curling reruns from the Olympics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
I have a great little snack that you can make and eat with beer - "pony pee" or Canadian Beer Called "Crabbies" you can not catch the crabs from eating them - but you could if you drank too much beer and wandered aimlessly out of the park
Does it have crab meat in it? If so, I am sooo there. One thing I have learned is that you must be careful when trying to judge something with a Canadian name to it. Never ever judge it by the name itself. You could be very wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
I'm with you Lou on the hard stuff - you take care of the lower and I would take care of the upper - so we ain't going there either.......
Like I said... If I partake in too much of the hard stuff then that is IT for me. I am sure that I would tick off more than one or two people. Although I do some really neat tricks when I have had too much of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
See you all there... - oh yes where are we going hmm small detail - must hook up with A&M will follow them
Yes, following Annie and Marvin might be a good thing for you. If you are driving the vehicle in the picture below you may consider having Marvin behind you to push you when you approach any hill or large speed bump.
In all seriousness, Sharon. I am excited about the fact that you guys are coming. Being very close to the Windsor crossing and having an earlier career that took me over to Windsor and Toronto a lot, I have developed quite an affinity for my Canadian friends, food and beer! I am glad to see that you and Peter, Annie and Marvin as well as Al and Jean are going to be able to make it.
__________________

__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 12:26 PM   #157
Rivet Master
 
AYRSTRM2's Avatar
 
1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 939
Images: 4
Hey, everyone, we're taking a target of opportunity this weekend and going camping up at Port Hope in the Thumb, got a lakeside site. We'll be back Sunday, but please, anyone chime in with suggestions, and we need to start filling out the potluck menu.

Right now it looks like we have 3-4 meat dishes and I may make chili, too. A couple of sides have been thrown out and a couple of desserts. We could stand to have one more major main dish, several vegetable and potato dishes, a salad or two and one more dessert, plus I think ice cream would be nice.

Also, we need some volunteers for the ice breaker host/greeters. Duties would be to host at your campsite a mixer where beverages will be served and some light finger foods like chicken wings, cheese and party mix. You'll pass out the program/attendee guide and answer any questions. You'll be responsible for the snacks that night, but we'll all pitch in for beverages (say a Canadian case of beer, wine, ice).

Also need an activities coordinator to schedule games.
Need: Firemaster. to get firewood, build fires and arrange the cook's corner where we'll put BBQs and dutch ovens.
Need: a rally historian to take everyone's picture then put it up on the web.

Keep the suggestions coming!
__________________
John

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:46 PM   #158
Rivet Master
 
loudruff's Avatar
 
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,242
Images: 5
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Getting organized

I think the mixer should be sitting back around the campfire chillin' and not too organized. Everyone bring a marshmallow fork and pop (or whatever) and kick back. This is campin'!!
__________________
Larry and Lou
CP: Water/30 amp/waste dump/WIFI & Room for 2-3 units; PM us if you are headed our direction!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member


loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:57 PM   #159
Rivet Master
 
AYRSTRM2's Avatar
 
1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 939
Images: 4
I agree about the formality of it all. I wasn't thinking anything too big, but this way that the people that arrive on Friday can just come up and get their info, and a beverage and a snack and relax from the drive, I know I always want a drink after a long drive. We could do it at the group campfire area, or someone's site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
I think the mixer should be sitting back around the campfire chillin' and not too organized. Everyone bring a marshmallow fork and pop (or whatever) and kick back. This is campin'!!
__________________
John

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:33 PM   #160
Rivet Master
 
Airboss's Avatar
 
1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,071
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Hell I ment steaks for me..LOL.. Im still thinking of what to bring to the potluck,, Maybe pies??? Blueberry???
__________________
Airboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:36 PM   #161
Rivet Master
 
Airboss's Avatar
 
1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,071
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
John you might want to check with the campground. They told me that we had 20 sites .. I see our circle has 24.. Hmmmmmmmmmm
__________________
Airboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:34 PM   #162
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4201KW8G
John you might want to check with the campground. They told me that we had 20 sites .. I see our circle has 24.. Hmmmmmmmmmm
Well, we have that many confirmed already.
Maybe we need to firm up if we have the remaining four sites?
This is the first time I did not do the campground follow-up so I am just guessing at this stuff now.
__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 06:06 PM   #163
Rivet Master
 
Happycampers's Avatar
 
1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,652
Talking

Hello Lou.. Marvin and I would be happy to be greeters.. we hope to arive on Tues or Wed.. depending on Peter and Sharon.. don't mind the snacks but should be byob.. Annie
__________________
Marvin & Annie
Niki (fur baby)
1979 Argosy 30 (Costalotta)
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:02 PM   #164
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycampers
Hello Lou.. Marvin and I would be happy to be greeters.. we hope to arive on Tues or Wed.. depending on Peter and Sharon.. don't mind the snacks but should be byob.. Annie
As long as there are Canadian-brand wobbly pops for the founder of the LPPI you absolutely know I will there for ya!
__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 05:32 PM   #165
Rivet Master
 
redeagle313's Avatar
 
Currently Looking...
NE , Indiana
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 617
Images: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
Ah!
I ran off some tire mount equipment for the GMT-900 project back late last year.
You may have seen it in there. It is a huge cell that has four PLC's on it. There are two mount and inflate stations in it. It is really neat to watch it mount the 22 inch tire/wheel combo!
Hey Lou,

They are 20" tire and wheels, they are the largest diameter that we install on the pickups that are built at FWA (Fort Wayne Assembly).

Preparation is proceeding full-tilt for our late fall launch of the 900 pickup.

Tim
__________________
Hi Yo Silver, Away II?
looking for our next AS
TAC IN-3
AIR 7185
redeagle313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 09:07 PM   #166
Rivet Master
 
2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,773
Images: 59
Blog Entries: 5
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
As long as there are Canadian-brand wobbly pops for the founder of the LPPI you absolutely know I will there for ya!
Okay we are in too for anything you need - i can take pictures - and give them to someone else to post on the web - or if you mean post them here no problem.

If you put a Globe and Minuet together we would make up the room A&M will need with their 5th symphony

Okay Lou - how many steaks ya wanna trade for how many cases of cold ice - see our old fridge works real good when we cross the border.

But this time we will not be carrying our old axle and bringing the little baby that has the nice and cold AC - by the way is their 30 amp at these sites - if not that is okay we can rough it with a couple of fans. This time last year when we were traveling to Indiana we just about died with the Humidity and Heat. Good thing we arrived at 1:00 am.

Still planning the week with Peters work -We may have to leave Thursday - so that Peter can capitlize on the full week with the Holiday Monday. If we take the front end of that week then we have to rush home on the Monday which will be murder coming across the top of Toronto. Will chat by phone.

Who is Al and Jean???? where you at????

Lou I left out the bit about the fact your pouches were Mini snahuzers for a reason - my two outweighed and out toothed them by a mile and yet they occupied the underside of the picnic table

Wow on the Pot luck - what is something that has not been thought of yet that we might bring ?

Hey that little Tracker could probably do a fine job of pulling the Globe Trotter - did you not know that us cannucks are famous for pulling trailers with our 6C's - with the gass prices there just might be a few nuts out there thinking of pulling with the 4C's

Getting excited for our only trip this summer with the MoonBeam - and might be our last - she will have a FOR SALE sticker on her...ouch that hurt Have to move forward with the Overlander - decided to keep on our plan with the Hybrid - and we will not need two trailers.
__________________
Everything will be alright in the end. If it is not alright now, then it is not the end.
GT1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 10:27 PM   #167
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by redeagle313
Hey Lou,

They are 20" tire and wheels, they are the largest diameter that we install on the pickups that are built at FWA (Fort Wayne Assembly).

Preparation is proceeding full-tilt for our late fall launch of the 900 pickup.

Tim
I know all about automation but nothing about what size wheels you guys are putting on them.
I was lucky enough to be transferred back to powertrain a little over a year ago. I used to do a lot of work for CCRW out of the Warren Tech Center. I grew very tired of going to such fun places ass Lordstown, OH., Arlington, TX. and Shreveport, LA.
Now I keep my butt parked at GMPT-Warren all day long. I know what it is like to actually wake up in my own bed for a complete year now.
__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 11:05 PM   #168
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
If you put a Globe and Minuet together we would make up the room A&M will need with their 5th symphony
I figure we might have to do just that! A&M had to apply for their own postal code when they bought that rig!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
Okay Lou - how many steaks ya wanna trade for how many cases of cold ice - see our old fridge works real good when we cross the border.
With the price of beef these days, I will trade you two big ole' T-bones fer one case!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
by the way is their 30 amp at these sites - if not that is okay we can rough it with a couple of fans.
From what I understand there is 30 amp service. I pray there is or I may be pulling out a day or two early!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
Still planning the week with Peters work -We may have to leave Thursday - so that Peter can capitlize on the full week with the Holiday Monday. If we take the front end of that week then we have to rush home on the Monday which will be murder coming across the top of Toronto. Will chat by phone.
Uh, ok. Chat by phone would be better anyway as I did not understand all that you are trying to say there. Then again, it makes sense when you hear it instead of read it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
Who is Al and Jean???? where you at????
Al and Jean Veenhuizen. Like you, they are from Canada and have that "hot chick" on their money!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
Lou I left out the bit about the fact your pouches were Mini snahuzers for a reason - my two outweighed and out toothed them by a mile and yet they occupied the underside of the picnic table
I actually could not blame your poor puppies. Mine behaved like a pack of ravenous wolves!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
Wow on the Pot luck - what is something that has not been thought of yet that we might bring ?
Well, I think we are still looking for a couple side dishes. I do have dibs on A&M's sweet potato casserole this time. Last time I was carving my birds for everyone. This time I am eating!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
Hey that little Tracker could probably do a fine job of pulling the Globe Trotter - did you not know that us cannucks are famous for pulling trailers with our 6C's - with the gass prices there just might be a few nuts out there thinking of pulling with the 4C's.
Yeah, Andy at Can-Am tried to convince me that I might be able to tow my Minuet with my Pontiac Vibe! Now that would be a sight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
Getting excited for our only trip this summer with the MoonBeam - and might be our last - she will have a FOR SALE sticker on her...ouch that hurt Have to move forward with the Overlander - decided to keep on our plan with the Hybrid - and we will not need two trailers.
You better let me know first before you go sticking a FS sign in MoonBeam. Your trailer is 8 inches wider and a foot longer than my little Minuet. When I bought it, there was one less kiddy in the house. I am still trying to figure out HOW those kids got here!
__________________

__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AIR Midwest : midwest rally maznblu Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 18 01-01-2010 09:55 PM
Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta Rally... InsideOut WBCCI Rallies & Events 28 12-08-2006 06:39 PM
Photos from the St. Patricks Day Rally @ Desert Star Ranch Andy R Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 4 03-22-2005 12:07 AM
Mystic Springs 2003 rally!! thenewkid64 Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 41 04-02-2003 05:52 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.