Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-22-2010, 01:02 PM   #641
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Had a great weekend with you all! Paco was great Saturday night entertainment! Food and beverages were, as always, THE BEST! Thanks to Rhonda and Dave for doing a wonderful planning job yet again. to Mike, I mean Bill and Larry *looks around* where is Larry... for being great pyros! And last but not least, Mike & I would like to thank everyone for their donations to the raffle... it helped get some of the stuff off our wedding registry on into the Argosy for next year! (Thanks as well to Shawn for not winning everything! It's totally an Argosy thing now!)

Looking forward to next year and having the Argosy with us!

Loren & Mike
Old 08-22-2010, 02:03 PM   #642
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
I am also home! I will have to write more later, off to work!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:34 PM   #643
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
Made it home! Great rally-fantastic food, made new friends, visited old friends, awesum raffle, new favorite drink, relaxed atmosphere and great location. Looking forward to next year. Big thanks to Rhonda and Dave and all who helped.

Kathy and Hank
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:44 PM   #644
2 Rivet Member

1965 22' Safari
Newbury , Ohio
Rhonda and Dave, thanks for organizing this event! We really enjoyed ourselves and we look forward to attending this rally next year. We certainly felt welcomed by the folks at the rally and we hope to meet up at future events. In addition to all this, we are the proud owners of several woopie cushions from the raffle. Thanks everyone for making it a great weekend!

Robert Slaymaker
rslaymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 04:45 PM   #645
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
What a Hoot!

We have made it back to the trailer park that we call home. Thanks to all for coming out to play and thanks to all that pitched in and pulled this shindig off. The rain was a litttle disapointing, but we overcame in true MD fashion and turned it into several very happy hours. The owl, the zip-line, the food, the pool, the raffle, the first timers, the camp fires were all awesome. I hope that everyone returns home safely.

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 04:47 PM   #646
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Pictures...stories...activities... food...drink...shenanigans... Pray tell!!! Eggs OK? Rock climbing and scavenger hunt good to go? Who won what at the raffles? Sounds like Argosy winners prevail!!! New comer pictures??

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 04:52 PM   #647
Rivet Master

Elkhart , Indiana
Send a message via AIM to memgrove2000
For the second year Dave and Rhonda have done an excellent job putting together a great rally THANK YOU!!!

As for the food AGAIN... WOW ... Thank you to all the cooks for wonderful meals and cocktails all weekend...

Roger , Thank you for the tripod it will be put into service soon!

And about the camp fire" I am not responsible" and now I dont think Larry is either!!

Cheers and Thanks again it was great...

Bill

TAC # IN 1 Air#27922
memgrove2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 05:41 PM   #648
Rivet Master

Elkhart , Indiana
Send a message via AIM to memgrove2000
Does anybody use a photo sharing site? Maybe one we could all uplaod our pictures to? How do they work?

TAC # IN 1 Air#27922
memgrove2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 05:52 PM   #649
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Wow!

Larry and I haven't laughed so much or so hard in a long time! What a great weekend. As usual Rhonda and Dave did a heap of organizing and setting this whole shindig up. It was awesome and we all had a grand time. Not to mention wonderful food, some great "very happy" hours, and super folks who pitched in. Also, thanks to "Woody" and Mike for the firewood! I don't think there is a more casual, more fun rally than the M-D group. We look forward to the next one! Dave says the third week of August, 2011. It's on our calendar! Did someone say that Ralph was bringing corn and more recipe??????
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:28 PM   #650
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Airstream packed away back in the barn (3 weekends until the next camping trip), the yard is mowed, garbage out, flatbed trailer hooked up to the truck for tomorrow, car seats moved around, ground mat cleaned up, trailer fridge cleaned out. Yup, the party of over.

A big shout out to Becca and Molly for being friends with Parker this weekend. I'm sure it won't be the last time they play together.

A special thanks to all the kids who kept Mason busy and made sure he was safe on the playground. A special shout to DJ. I saw when you made all the big kids stop the merry go round and then you picked up Mason and then sat next to him. Awesome, DJ. I was able to sit back down and the pavilion and rest easier that Mason was being looked after. Good job.

This was our first Detroit-Metro and not one that will soon be forgotten. We thought the campground was awesome with it's layout. Maybe not the best for keeping all the shiny trailer together, but the best for having a very central gathering place which is also within easy eye-shot of the playground. Really cool! I've never been to the usual D-M campground (KC I think?); but for those of us with kids, I can't see something being much better.

-Jason
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:58 PM   #651
1 Rivet Member

1961 28' Ambassador
St. Joseph , Michigan
Thanks for making the "Newbies" feel so welcome. We had a great time and are absolutely going to be there next year-and hopefully other Airstream Rallies too.

Paco is back to Paul today.
Great job Dave and Rhonda!
Suedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:13 PM   #652
Renee

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
How can it be over already????

A year of waiting and "poof" it's over just like that! The good news is there's only 363 days until the next Metro-Detroit rally!

Another awesome job Rhonda and Dave -- it was great, as always!
"20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Operation "Save Rudy" Strike Team (honorary member)
Felix'64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:00 PM   #653
3 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Marquette , Michigan
As always a fabulous rally! A huge thank you to Dave and Rhonda for being great hosts. Many thanks for the use of the trailer...it was awesome!
Old 08-22-2010, 10:16 PM   #654
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Gosh where do I start??? A big thank you to Rhonda and Dave for putting together and pulling off the 5th Metro Detroit rally!!! A job WELL DONE, BRAVO!!!! The whole darn thing was a blast.. Wall Climb and the Zip Line were GREAT!!!! Next year I was thinking of bringing CORN,, Anybody think that would be ok??? Recipe too??? Gosh seeing the old friend and meeting new ones was so much fun! I have never seen Lou and Larry laugh so hard.. Watching them laugh made me laugh harder!! Hey,, Anyone seen BUZZED LIGHTYEAR?? LOL..I even remember seeing a flaming strawberry!! GREAT TIME with GREAT FRIENDS, I love it!!!! Thanks gang!!
Old 08-23-2010, 03:46 PM   #655
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
We arrived home safetly,today(Monday) without incident. It was kind of hectic day on Sunday and I really dont think we were able to say GOODBYE to everyone.We kinda had to hurry because it was my MOM's 98th birthday and I sure didnt wanna miss the party.
Thanks Dave and Rhonda,I know its been said many times and Here it is again THANK YOU THANK YOU. What a great time we had,as usual.
Ralph,thanks fer the corn I did enjoy it,and by the way,whats receipe look like???. I think that's why I didn't make the campfire and didn't feel so well even Sunday morning at breakfast. For those who dont know, I dont drink,but I think I did,LOL.
Mike
You are very WELCOME. I know that item will be put to good use,instead of rattlin around in the rear compartment of our AS.
GOOD LORD WILLING,count us in for next yr. It was great to see old friends and make some new ones. Hope to see you all again at least one more time this yr.
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:55 PM   #656
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Thanks for all the hard work Dave and Rhonda!

What a fabulous campground too! It was so well maintained. The restrooms were so tidy as well as the grounds. Not to mention the security and the perimeters well done! You get the feeling people are just looking out for you when you stay there.

I'd recommend this campground to anyone for a nice rally spot!

Great job Rhonda and Dave. Thanks for all you did to make it fun for the kids!
Old 08-23-2010, 04:03 PM   #657
3 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Pittsford , Michigan
Thanks for a great Rally. Dave and Rhonda ROCK! We wanted to share a few pictures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00596.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	109214
Commander Draggin Wagin, Master of his Domain

Name:	DSC00588.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	109215
Rhonda and Hanna hard at work on the raffle

Name:	DSC00597.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	109216
The famous Strawberrys!
"part of the "Forbidden Wheels Clubhouse Recon Team"

"Toast is a tool. It ain't Breakfast!"
Airdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:35 PM   #658
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Oh jeeze Bill, I knew I would be embarrassed when that pic popped up. I think it was the strawberry hooch.

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:35 PM   #659
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
Airstream packed away back in the barn (3 weekends until the next camping trip), the yard is mowed, garbage out, flatbed trailer hooked up to the truck for tomorrow, car seats moved around, ground mat cleaned up, trailer fridge cleaned out. Yup, the party of over.

A big shout out to Becca and Molly for being friends with Parker this weekend. I'm sure it won't be the last time they play together.

A special thanks to all the kids who kept Mason busy and made sure he was safe on the playground. A special shout to DJ. I saw when you made all the big kids stop the merry go round and then you picked up Mason and then sat next to him. Awesome, DJ. I was able to sit back down and the pavilion and rest easier that Mason was being looked after. Good job.

This was our first Detroit-Metro and not one that will soon be forgotten. We thought the campground was awesome with it's layout. Maybe not the best for keeping all the shiny trailer together, but the best for having a very central gathering place which is also within easy eye-shot of the playground. Really cool! I've never been to the usual D-M campground (KC I think?); but for those of us with kids, I can't see something being much better.

-Jason
That is quite the list of things that you got done! We finally made it out of the campground around 4:15pm and a day and a half later I haven't gotten anything done!

Thank you for the kind words about DJ. I had him read the post and he was misty eyed because he was so touched!
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:39 PM   #660
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2K View Post
Made it home! Great rally-fantastic food, made new friends, visited old friends, awesum raffle, new favorite drink, relaxed atmosphere and great location. Looking forward to next year. Big thanks to Rhonda and Dave and all who helped.

Kathy and Hank
Thank you Hank for helping me with the raffle. Last year I did my best but towards the end it was getting hard to yell out the numbers!
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote