Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-21-2010, 07:30 PM   #501
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by byamcaravanner View Post
Joe,

Email Rob Baker... I think he has a spot reserved and won't be able to make it.
Actually, I was able to get the last officially available spot today. There were no spots available for on-line booking, but I called Indian Creek and got the last one, #12. Carol IM'd me that she had to pull out of the rally, so I guess I got hers (or else they double booked it). If Rob still has his, that may be an opportunity for some other person that wants to sign up late.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:44 PM   #502
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Glad ya got in Joe. TBaskets I sure wish you'd reconsider ,yer gonna miss alot of fun. Carol Pm me I wanna know why ya aint commin.??????
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:31 PM   #503
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Roger, basically it is because people are saying there is no available space and Brad can't comfortably take off in advance, he tells me. Either way we lose the deposit but I hated preventing someone from attending. If there are spaces open, I might come. But it is hard to retain a space if you think they are in demand and you may not be able to attend. The deposit money is gone either which way. But we were iffy at best. I do like to attend rallies last minute if available. That is the best criteria for people without regular schedules but an obstacle for popular events. I will miss you and Marianne or maybe I will drive in. I'd save a heap of money to bring a tent and poach some space. LOL!!!!
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:05 PM   #504
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
Carol,
Sorry that you cannot come, but happy that the spot was filled. I already have one cabin reserved for an attendee, because there where no sites left last week. There should be one other cabin left, but I think that is it!

I do believe that Mr. Baker had previously cancelled his reservation, and is at this point long gone.

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:23 PM   #505
2 Rivet Member

2007 28' Safari SE
Westlake , OH
Sorry we will not be able to make it this year- our chapter is having a rally the same weekend.
We were at Indian Creek (total coincidence) last week, and they told us you were coming. It's a great place. Have fun, and see you around.

Todd, Naomi, Patrick, Nicholas, and Renee

(pka toddnich, changed forum name to celebrate "new" 1976 International and 1988 Suburban)
TowAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:50 PM   #506
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Oh no!

Carol, we are not happy that you aren't going to join us! Sorry to hear that you can't make it. Dagnabbit!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:02 PM   #507
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks, it's always a tough call and we could have sat on our reservations, especially since they are not refundable but should we not have been able to attend someone else would not be able to attend so we thought giving it up before time would be the best thing. But you never know we may show up... We made them just in case and now we cancel them just in case, but it's always nice to have enough room to allow last minute accommodations.
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:03 AM   #508
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Carol,
Lorrie and I appreciate you making your spot available. Had you chosen not to, we would have understood and we would have waited to see of there were other cancellations or found something else to do that weekend. Like you we tend to like the flexibility of making late decisions, but knew that we were about at the limit for available spots last week, so we had to pull the trigger. I hope you can stop by for a visit, or maybe even pick up a spot if there is another cancellation.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:06 AM   #509
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by drag'nwagon View Post
I do believe that Mr. Baker had previously cancelled his reservation, and is at this point long gone.
Dave,

That's right... apparently he did cancel a while back. As of yesterday, Ace (aceflys) still has his spot available for someone else... if someone is in need of one.
https://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
byamcaravanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:12 AM   #510
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Hi Carol
I do understand your situation. But its hard to think you and Brad might not come.Try to arrange the time and at least showup fer supper. I know that everyone will be glad to see you guys. Its not that far from Lapeer to Tec. If it winds up ya cant make it,just know you will be missed.
Roger
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:30 AM   #511
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Did you like that campground? We've talked about going there but as I recall there isn't a place to swim.

TK
Hartwick Pines is nice for a State Park - you have to make reservations early to get in the shaded spots - other wise you are out in the sun. The roads are all paved (great for bicycles and roller blades) and the spaces are nicely spaced. There are lots of good walking trails in beautiful old growth forest, a couple of cute little fishing lakes with nice piers, and the beautiful visitors center with excellent history and natural history displays. If you are looking for swimming lakes they are a good distance away. Higgins and Houghton lakes about 20 or so miles south, have campgrounds but I am not at all sure they are full hook up sites.
uluwene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:32 AM   #512
Roadtrain O--O~(--ooo--)

2000 34' Limited
1979 31' Excella 500
Miamisburg , Ohio
I wonder if the campground would allow us some place to park with no hookups. Be happy to pay the camp fee, just need a place to boondock. We will be passing through on the way West on Friday afternoon/evening and would like to stop by and say hi before continuing on Saturday
AIR #12881
TAC OH-10
ebair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:18 AM   #513
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Ace is not coming? Man all those east coast guys bailed on us!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:05 PM   #514
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Here's what I did last weekend....
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:15 PM   #515
3 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 22
Carleton , Michigan
Missing you already.

Carol,
We sure will miss seeing you and Brad there- we always enjoy your company and it seems you are always the 1st to welcome us at each rally. It won't be the same If you only come for the dinner- be sure to get involved in the raffle, I think that is the trick to winning

Rhonda, That lighting is the coolest; thanks for the video!

Shawn
Argosy man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:44 AM   #516
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale View Post
Ace is not coming? Man all those east coast guys bailed on us!
Laura,

That is what I say!
https://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
byamcaravanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:54 AM   #517
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
Raffle? What Raffle? As a newbie, can you let me know what happens at this campout-potlucks, 4 o'clocks (a given), open house?????

Thanks
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:11 AM   #518
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Greeeneville , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Silverhobby
Rhonda, Love those light shows. I want to get one of those light controllers too. I love gadgets.
visit my restoration blog at:
Silverhobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:41 AM   #519
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Cool raffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2K View Post
Raffle? What Raffle? As a newbie, can you let me know what happens at this campout-potlucks, 4 o'clocks (a given), open house?????
Thanks
Friday, we do beanies and weenies or anything you like...very, very low key while folks are arriving.
Sat.-Let the games begin- Lunch on your own. 2:00-It was Open House/Happy Hour. Everyone had a snack/beverage...whatever at their trailer to pass out to those who came for open house. Open House = everyone walks as a group from trailer to trailer to see what great ideas everyone has put into their home on wheels.

6:00ish-Sat., at the potluck, last year, we all brought some kind of item(s) to raffle off. It can be something new that is "trailer" themed, an AS part or piece, a handmade item, a craft etc. etc. etc. Then we all buy tickets and put tickets into cups in front of the item you would like to win. After dinner ticket numbers are pulled and the FUN continues! I founds some cool "aluminum" items to put in this year.
Potluck- everyone brings their own tableservice, berverages, a meat, and a dish to share. And we eat CORN...and drink recipe! Right, Ralph?
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:53 AM   #520
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Well, I just can't let that casual description that Loudruff gave remain "un-commented"...

Here is what really happens.....

Friday: Everyone gets together a has an amazing time telling stories, drinking their favorite beverage, and telling the same bad jokes as lat year. Around midnight, everyone laughs as that guy from Ohio shows up late again.......

Saturday: Wake up, start eating. Try to clean up trailer to look presentable. Do something fun. The open house is always fun.

OK, now for the potluck. This ain't your normal potluck! An amazing amount of diverse, high quality food will be provided by your fellow Airstreamers. I'm still trying to figure out how some people prepare these types of dishes. This is a "not to be missed" buffet!

The raffle is equally great. Last year the prizes ranged from small toys to a new bicycle! I won a trunk bumper for my trailer! No where else by at metro-Detroit would this happen!

Can you tell I'm really looking forward to this?!
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote