Old 06-14-2010, 07:05 AM   #351
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Well Dawn & I had the pleasure of sitting next to him for dinner prior to the Antsy concert. Some things that were said & done are not safe for children, but lets just say we will always remember that night!

What a great guy. Huge heart!

Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:48 AM   #352
TAC OH-17

1994 34' Limited
Upper Sandusky , Ohio
we only had the pleasure of meeting him at the 2009 md rally we thought he was a card! He was so helpful w/ the polishing demo, glad we had the chance to meet him, sending our sympathy toTom and all the family, hugs Julie & John

Old 06-14-2010, 11:56 AM   #353
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Unhappy Sorry for your loss Tom

We met Steve at the MD rally in 2008 as well. He had everyone laughing! What a great person! Glad to have had the chance to meet him!
Old 06-14-2010, 07:38 PM   #354
1963 Globetrotter

1963 19' Globetrotter
Detroit , Michigan
Steve Fuqa - No Funeral Service - However...

Thank you all. I just talked to Tom. Steve's wishes were not to have a funeral service. Tom would like to have a "campout" planned. Steve really liked to camp. He's thinking if possible one weekend somewhere fairly close so that those who would like to camp for the weekend could and those that could come for the day / dinner could as well. As we chatted Steve and Tom have friends from Airstream Forums, WBCCI, TCT, MTTC and perhaps one or two other clubs. Tom wouldn't want any currently planned weekends to change. As one can imagine there's many details Tom is working with now. As he's not tech savvy he has asked me to convey to everyone his deep appreciation for our concern, love and sympathy expressed here and in our hearts.

I will be sharing the above with the other groups. Perhaps we can kick around an idea for "Fuqa" Memorial Campout? Talking to Tom, Steve really did love us all - so perhaps a weekend camping, of having a good time together would be a good way to celebrate Steve.
Can someone with more campground knowledge help with this?
Old 06-14-2010, 07:46 PM   #355
3 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Marquette , Michigan
I had such a blast last fall going to garage sales and antique shops with Steve, Tom and Rhonda. I had my eye on a "juicy fruit" antique fruit press when some yahoo comes and snakes it right out from under me. I thought Steve was going to kick his ass in a way only Steve could. It was hilarious! Add to that--Rhonda wore her blue beret the entire time. She was quite the looker!

He will be greatly missed.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:20 PM   #356
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3237 View Post
Thank you all. I just talked to Tom. Steve's wishes were not to have a funeral service. Tom would like to have a "campout" planned. Steve really liked to camp. He's thinking if possible one weekend somewhere fairly close so that those who would like to camp for the weekend could and those that could come for the day / dinner could as well. As we chatted Steve and Tom have friends from Airstream Forums, WBCCI, TCT, MTTC and perhaps one or two other clubs. Tom wouldn't want any currently planned weekends to change. As one can imagine there's many details Tom is working with now. As he's not tech savvy he has asked me to convey to everyone his deep appreciation for our concern, love and sympathy expressed here and in our hearts.

I will be sharing the above with the other groups. Perhaps we can kick around an idea for "Fuqa" Memorial Campout? Talking to Tom, Steve really did love us all - so perhaps a weekend camping, of having a good time together would be a good way to celebrate Steve.
Can someone with more campground knowledge help with this?
John, the correct spelling of his last name is Fuqua.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:24 PM   #357
1963 Globetrotter

1963 19' Globetrotter
Detroit , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
John, the correct spelling of his last name is Fuqua.
Thank you. I'm sorry about that...
Old 06-14-2010, 11:29 PM   #358
Rivet Master

Elkhart , Indiana
Send a message via AIM to memgrove2000
Do ya'll rember last year...He had told Megan and Molly about the "Cabellas ferry" while we were sitting around the camp fire? He had a 10 - 15 minute sales pitch to them. The girls had to check every door and window at Cabellas for that ferry! took us an extra half hour to get out of the store they kept saying "but Steve said it WAS HERE!!! We just have to look for her!!" So yes with tears in their eyes Erin and I drug two crying girls out of the store with people looking on as we were telling them "There is no Cabellas ferry!!"

Yes today we laugh like MAD at the "Cabellas Ferry". But at the time I was mad as all get out!
Thanks Steve you will be missed.

TAC # IN 1 Air#27922
memgrove2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:35 PM   #359
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Oh that is a good one! Definately classic Steve.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:07 PM   #360
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Yep MG2000 thats the one I was talking about.. Gosh that was funny..
Old 06-17-2010, 04:13 PM   #361
Renee

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by memgrove2000 View Post
Do ya'll rember last year...He had told Megan and Molly about the "Cabellas ferry" while we were sitting around the camp fire? He had a 10 - 15 minute sales pitch to them. The girls had to check every door and window at Cabellas for that ferry! took us an extra half hour to get out of the store they kept saying "but Steve said it WAS HERE!!! We just have to look for her!!" So yes with tears in their eyes Erin and I drug two crying girls out of the store with people looking on as we were telling them "There is no Cabellas ferry!!"

Yes today we laugh like MAD at the "Cabellas Ferry". But at the time I was mad as all get out!
Thanks Steve you will be missed.

Ahhhhh..........the "Cabela's Fairy". Steve knew what he was doing, he wasn't just teasing Megan and Molly, he was daring Ralphie and I not to laugh.

My second favorite Steve memory was just last month at the TCT Rally. Rhonda you should have heard the things he was saying, he so wanted to win the Friday/Saturday night lights he tried to talk Naomi into sabotaging
your beautiful set-up.
"20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Operation "Save Rudy" Strike Team (honorary member)
Felix'64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 04:39 PM   #362
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Yes and he did walk off with some of my lights. He could talk all he wanted(which he always did) he knew there was no beating me!!
Old 06-17-2010, 04:40 PM   #363
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
[QUOTE=Felix'64;861915]Ahhhhh..........the "Cabela's Fairy". Steve knew what he was doing, he wasn't just teasing Megan and Molly, he was daring Ralphie and I not to laugh.

]
Fairy not ferry! Now I'm not so confused. Here I was picturing a boat taking people around on the river. Now that would have been easy to find!
Old 06-17-2010, 04:53 PM   #364
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
I know I will never look at a reuben or bacon without thinking of Steve. Seems like everytime we got together his teeth would break! It happened three times. Needless to say I was always to blame! So all be forwarned before you eat any of my food!!