Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-17-2010, 03:13 PM   #361
Renee

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by memgrove2000 View Post
Do ya'll rember last year...He had told Megan and Molly about the "Cabellas ferry" while we were sitting around the camp fire? He had a 10 - 15 minute sales pitch to them. The girls had to check every door and window at Cabellas for that ferry! took us an extra half hour to get out of the store they kept saying "but Steve said it WAS HERE!!! We just have to look for her!!" So yes with tears in their eyes Erin and I drug two crying girls out of the store with people looking on as we were telling them "There is no Cabellas ferry!!"

Yes today we laugh like MAD at the "Cabellas Ferry". But at the time I was mad as all get out!
Thanks Steve you will be missed.

Ahhhhh..........the "Cabela's Fairy". Steve knew what he was doing, he wasn't just teasing Megan and Molly, he was daring Ralphie and I not to laugh.

My second favorite Steve memory was just last month at the TCT Rally. Rhonda you should have heard the things he was saying, he so wanted to win the Friday/Saturday night lights he tried to talk Naomi into sabotaging
your beautiful set-up.
"20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Operation "Save Rudy" Strike Team (honorary member)
Felix'64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 03:39 PM   #362
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Yes and he did walk off with some of my lights. He could talk all he wanted(which he always did) he knew there was no beating me!!
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 03:40 PM   #363
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
[QUOTE=Felix'64;861915]Ahhhhh..........the "Cabela's Fairy". Steve knew what he was doing, he wasn't just teasing Megan and Molly, he was daring Ralphie and I not to laugh.

]
Fairy not ferry! Now I'm not so confused. Here I was picturing a boat taking people around on the river. Now that would have been easy to find!
Old 06-17-2010, 03:53 PM   #364
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
I know I will never look at a reuben or bacon without thinking of Steve. Seems like everytime we got together his teeth would break! It happened three times. Needless to say I was always to blame! So all be forwarned before you eat any of my food!!
Old 06-17-2010, 03:58 PM   #365
4 Rivet Member

Shinim and I only Met Steve at the last 2 Metro-Detroit Rallies but Steve was the one she looked forward to seeing the most when we returned Last Year for the 2nd Metro rally We attended. I wont forget the polishing demo when I gave Steve some advice on cleaning the pad and then He shot all the black aluminum oxide all over himself. He showered but still showed up at dinner with a black tinge. Rest in Peace Brother.
S/OS #010
2004 30ft Slide Out with Hensley Arrow hitch.
Pulled by a 2019 F350 Superduty Limited.
ctdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:53 PM   #366
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Thumbs up

Many of the Metro Detroiters are now in the vacinity of new York and soon to arrive in the morning at Baker's Acres for Wally's Birthday Bash! A fun thing has been that Laura posted a way to track their location on Facebook and I have been watching the little car move across the map at a steady rate today. Cool! Hope many pictures and stories will ensue. It wont be long and the same gang will be making their way back here in August!!!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:56 PM   #367
3 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 22
Carleton , Michigan
I'm in for the rally!

Just made reservations- really looking forward to it. The guy taking the reservations seemed a bit confused...How many Airstream Forum groups does he have staying there August 20 and 21st LOL

Shawn
Argosy man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 02:46 PM   #368
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
I am here at the Baker's Birthday Bash.. Great time is had by all!! Wow, what a Rally!! Live entertainment, Fireworks..THE FOOD,,,,OMG!! What can I say??? Top shelf rally!!! These people outdid themselves!! Going to try to post some photos soon. I see I was in a few of the dent removal pics. They used my generator for the compressor..
Old 06-27-2010, 02:52 PM   #369
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Great Ralph we are anxious to see pictures. There is still time for you to enter the June rally pictures contest!!!!

photography
Old 06-27-2010, 03:00 PM   #370
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
I don't think mine are in that league C.J. but I did get some great ones of Michael (Artstream) in the breakfast line with his P.J.s on.. That was funny.. Hat and all!!!
Old 06-27-2010, 03:06 PM   #371
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I want to see THAT picture for sure! I listened to the VAP and Dave was on live from the campfire. Were they kidding when they said Dragon Wagon's Airstream rolled away down the hill?????

photography
Old 06-27-2010, 03:12 PM   #372
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Well it didnt roll far but it did move!!! I was sitting next to Rob during the VAP and you may hear my comments in the background.. It was taped right here where I'm sitting.. Oh these photos of Michael are priceless!!!! I will try to get them up...
Old 06-27-2010, 04:37 PM   #373
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I think we need a videographer or maybe not...

photography
Old 06-27-2010, 05:07 PM   #374
2 Rivet Member

1964 17' Bambi II
grand rapids , Michigan
can't wait

never been to a rally was always going to someday I have had my Bambi2
for almost 10 years....going to fix up someday too...
worry about the pressure of the pretty trailer people...

then she was stolen...and recovered now I am working hard on getting her pretty for you......can not wait to have my very first rally experience!

Patrice
patrice1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 05:18 PM   #375
2 Rivet Member

1964 17' Bambi II
grand rapids , Michigan
Sorry not sure what I am doing here..
how do you sign up and reserve a spot??
Old 06-27-2010, 05:35 PM   #376
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
On the left of the page here in the column under "quick links" see upcoming rallies? Click on it and it will show the rallies, select Metro Detroit 2010 Rally and the link will show you the link to the campground to make reservations. But here it is also Airstream Forums - Metro-Detroit 2010 Rally You can from here go to the website and make your reservations.

I am so glad you got your Bambi back. What a bizarre occurrence, but so happy to hear you have it returned. You have a great story for us around the campfire. Looking forward to making your acquaintence Patrice.

photography
Old 06-27-2010, 07:02 PM   #377
3 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 22
Carleton , Michigan
Welcome Patrice!

Don't worry about your Bambi being "Pretty". There are always some Airstreams at the rally that are in a state of reconstruction- and seeing the tranformation is my favorite part. We set aside a time to do an open house when we get to go inside each others trailers and check them out. The Rally is also a great source of information on improving your Airstream.

The rally is all about a lot of nice people sharing a common interest and a lot of food. You will love it.

See you there.
Shawn
Argosy man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:50 PM   #378
2 Rivet Member

1964 17' Bambi II
grand rapids , Michigan
i'm in...........

signed up... thanks for the camp ground link.. booked a spot!!

no turning back now......hope there is no unusual initiation ritual here.....

hee

I think everyone will be wonderful I C A N N O T W A I T!!!!

ps my husband thinks I am crazy...............
patrice
Old 06-27-2010, 09:52 PM   #379
2 Rivet Member

1964 17' Bambi II
grand rapids , Michigan
one last thing ...for now...

now do I join this group regionally I think this is my group emailed someone have not heared back want to join regionally and the international club.....that way if my trailer
heads out again she will sport some new giant numbers......

let me know thanks
Patrice
Old 06-28-2010, 07:47 AM   #380
Rivet Master

Elkhart , Indiana
Send a message via AIM to memgrove2000
Patrice, Welcome to the forums and to the Metro Detriot rally. You dont need to join any thing to attend this rally. It is a "buddy rally" which means any one can attend if they make a reservation at the site (campground). It is good to also sign in on the rally page to let the organizers how many to expect. This rally will be a great place to lalk to people about those "big red numbers" and decide if they are right for you or not. There are more options for camping clubs now so lets chat about them at the rally, pros and cons of each. I dont want to start a riot here just want you to get what you need out of an orginazation. Also if you are worried about the condition of your trailer ... Park by me ... Yours will be the pretty one.... Seriously though dont hurry through getting it ready to be on display that things get over looked. If you wait till after the rally you may see something you want to do or have a question you need answered. There will be a huge amount talent at the rally that has "been there and done that" to help answer any questions airstream related.

TAC # IN 1 Air#27922
memgrove2000 is offline   Reply With Quote