Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-26-2008, 07:21 PM   #141
4 Rivet Member

Waters , Michigan
Hope no one minds if we bring some chow,not sure exactly what yet,probably some quesadillas and some fixins...and some great salsa ,maybe some spicy chicken tenders.......
PINKBIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:42 PM   #142
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Ryan, Rollarboy, that's great! Now this is turning out to be quite the shingdig!

I got my spork handy. I'm set! Good eats, that's for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	spork-700806.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	68257  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:11 PM   #143
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
C'mon people we are having a telethon! i.e. tell all your friends and come to the rally! Let's see these numbers grow!!Someone will be standing by to answer your post. Post now. The thread lines are open, our many volunteers are manning the monitors and waiting for your post. I hear the autumn colors in the UP are terrific.

8 rigs confirmed so far.

attendees

Airedale-Laura
Airboss-Ralph
Wheel Interested-Carol, Orie, Kee Kee
mr grinch-Brad, Koa
tin sista-Steph, Sam 8?yrs
sander17-Dave
norsea-Jim, Verna
U.PenAir- Jess, Grady, Garrick 5yrs, Gannon 10yrs
Rollarboy

Special Appearances

Airsdream-Ryan, Mrs Airsdream, and Company
drag'nwagon-Dave
rhonda-Rhonda, Hannah 10yrs, D.J. 8yrs, Rebekah 3yrs

maybe

bfred-Buck, Grace

photography
Old 09-27-2008, 10:10 AM   #144
3 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Marquette , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollerboy View Post
Hope no one minds if we bring some chow,not sure exactly what yet,probably some quesadillas and some fixins...and some great salsa ,maybe some spicy chicken tenders.......

Shoot, I don't mind at all! Sounds delicious...

The fall colors are beautiful right now. I have a maple tree out front that has the most brilliant red and orange leaves. It makes me smile every time I find one on the ground. The Island will be absolutely gorgeous next week...I can't wait!
Old 09-27-2008, 10:31 AM   #145
4 Rivet Member

2008 30' Classic
On the road since 2000 , norseaodyssey.com
Food...

U.PenAir;621113]Pot luck
chili -wheel interested
bread and butter- mr grinch
shepard's pie (meat/potatoes/veggie pie)--tin sista
Latin Chicken- U.PenAir
homemade chocolate chip cookies - verna (the other .5 of norsea)

Saturday Breakfast
sweet potato pancakes-tin sista
quick and easy no fuss no mess hot breakfast sandwiches-wheel interested & mr grinch
Fruit- U.PenAir

"Travel is fatal to bigotry, prejudice and being narrow minded."
norsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:08 AM   #146
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
We're filling up our water tanks. Count down...5 days Brad and I are heading over on Thursday. Can't wait to see everyone!

Laura and I may be doing some horseback riding on the island. That oughtta make me bowlegged on Saturday and lame by Sunday...

photography
Old 09-29-2008, 10:33 AM   #147
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Sounds like you are in for a great weekend with perfect timing on the Foilage rainbow of colours.

Wish I could have made the trip.

Not really excuses just reality of life....with our controversial lot we are having to be available during the installation of services - we are finally starting to see some progress with the well and hydro service being completed and commenced this week.

Some pretty important developments with my Mom's health and meetings with family and health care workers in making arrangements for her release from the Hospital.

On a negative note my bout of pneumonia that left me pretty ill in the spring has a few anomalies happening to which I am having a battery of tests - and Thursdays and Fridays seem to be the common days for all the tests - last week and now this week - no results yet but it is pretty stressful not knowing what is going on - and would trade getting to the rally over this bedlum here any day.

Add in the call to finally come and pick up the sod we have been waiting for - as cutting has been delayed with all the rain. And a trip by the local excavator to help move our big pile of dirt for us.

Plus the concrete is coming for the footings of the garage.

So I guess it was just not meant to be.

Please take lots of pics and be sure to post all the fun you will be having.

Wow horse back too - sure hope you don't have to stoop and scoup - or do they wear poop bags like the buggy horses do

Steph, Dave and Sam, Carol and Brad, Laura and Ralph sorry I will miss seeing you all before the winter sets in. And to bad that I will miss meeting you Jim and Vera, Upenair gang and Rollarboy.

Pack your woolies and fill up the propane tanks might be a tad chilly but well worth it. Drive careful everyone and have a super time - hope to catch you maybe on the flip side of 09

As for the colours I will have to settle with enjoying the colour change here in my back yard....no big bridge or quaint "puzzle" style Island - but can just imagine what it will look like.
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:47 AM   #148
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Sharon that certainly is a lot on your plate for this season. We'll be sorry to miss you but come spring we must meet up at another rally.

Glad you mother is going to be released at last from the hospital but concerned about your health now, so take good care of yourself and be a good patient, trying not to overdo, though I know you are tempted to work up a storm with your many projects.

Hang in there and looking forward to updates with your great scenic and woodland pictures and project progress. Have you winterized the CCD? This will be it's first winter in Canada. Hope this winter is not as eventful as last year when you and your garage got pummeled with all that snow!!

photography
Old 09-29-2008, 11:23 AM   #149
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
No winterizing yet.

Yesterday I dumped the tanks via a blue buggy - never again - that stuff stannnnnkkkkkkssssss!!!!! almost made me sick. I knew there was a reason that I needed to stay married and forge through another 25 years....

But it was my fault so I had to suffer. You see I had forgotten the hose bags both sewer and water in the shed our trip last week, so we did not get to dump at the park.

I filled the fresh tank - just in case I saw a miracle that I could break free to get across that border again - but not so.

I may pop out Tuesday and stay the night Wednesday at a local provincial park Silent Lake an hour away and give my Dad a taste of freedom on the road - if the weather is nice and sunny for the fall colours. Has been a bit dull around here making the colours not so vibrant to photograph.

Bought a new hybrid trail bike on the weekend and want to get to try it out before the snow flies too.

Winterizing will take place following our Thanksgiving trip where the temps will surely dip into the freezing mark by mid November. Heading to another Provincial Park just south of Algonquin Lake St. Peter with Annie and Marvin for a few more days of canoeing. We are going to try out some new canoes - Souris River and Blue Water super lightweight canoes.

Seems very busy but a nice mix of pleasant things with stressful things gets you through the day....
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:48 AM   #150
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Water sports are something we might like to get into, either canoe or kayak. We had such a good time when Steph brought her kayak to the spring rally and tried it for the first time. You girls are waaaay ahead of me, so I know you will be able to teach me how! Keep us posted with pleanty of pictures. Sounds like you are going to have fun too in the canoe and camping and riding bikes.

Speaking of water here are links to the ferries. Has it been decided which line we are taking? I know there is a difference in the speed and kind of boats they have in Mackinaw. I thought I would post the links so you could take a look at them and the schedules. Just offhand without looking into all the links and pages I see Shepler's has an island package to save up to $5.50 a person if you are thinking of taking a buggy ride. I'll try to search up more information later. Makes no never mind to me what we decide to do. I wonder if we should make reservations for our lunch stop though. For a large group we might be waiting some time for a table otherwise.

Name:	tagline.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	68508

Shepler's Mackinac Island Ferry :: Northern Michigan Vacations!

Name:   51084-Starline-Front-Revised.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  68.3 KB

Starline - Mackinac Island Ferry service from Mackinaw City and St. Ignace, MI

Name:   fast_cat_tumb.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  3.1 KB

Arnold Transit | Mackinac Island ferry service

photography
Old 09-29-2008, 03:41 PM   #151
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Plot Your Course

Here is the map of the island. If you download the .pdf you will get a listing of attractions and locations on page 2. Also I have marked the Pink Pony Bar and Grill located in the Chippewa Hotel overlooking the marina on the cut out map. As you can see it is right on the main drag a short distance from any of the ferry docks. We plan to meet for lunch at 12:30 and should decide which of the dining areas we would like to be seated at. More info on Pink Pony to follow...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mack map.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	346.0 KB
ID:	68518   Click image for larger version

Name:	pink poney.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	249.6 KB
ID:	68519  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf mackinacislandlocatormap[1].pdf (1.66 MB, 121 views)

photography
Old 09-29-2008, 03:52 PM   #152
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Pink Pony Bar and Grill

Pink Pony Patio voted #1 Patio in Michigan!http://www.chippewahotel.com/Pink-Pony-Bar--Grill-11/

The famous Pink Pony Bar & Grill is still the Island's foremost entertainment establishment, offering Dining along with a full complement of beverages. Click here for a recent review in Great Lakes Boating magazine.
The Pink Pony Bar & Grill has a beautiful view of the harbor and is a favorite island dining spot. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. You may choose from our four unique settings: casual bar seating, harborview indoor, freighter-view upper deck outdoor(protected), and lakeside marina patio. Each location offers excellent value along with an unparalleled view.

You will understand why the Detroit News voted our patio Number One in Michigan! Enjoy something from our outdoor Pink Pony Patio Grill Menu or a favorite cold beverage from our waterside bar. We serve both lunch and dinner for your enjoyment. Ask your server about our famous freighter-sighting specials!

A large outdoor heated whirlpool jacuzzi can accommodate up to 30 persons and is yet another reason to visit our fun establishment! Soak up the sun while enjoying a cold libation and playing with our Pink Pony Beach Balls

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	002415.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	68525  
Attached Images

photography
Old 09-29-2008, 03:56 PM   #153
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Pink Pony Lunch Menu

Pink Pony Bar & Grill Lunch Menu

APPETIZERS

Smoked Whitefish Dip - $11.00

Served with horseradish, lemon, and pita chips.
Bruschetta - $9.00

Tomatoes, roasted red pepper and buffalo mozzarella, served with an arugula salad and grilled ciabatta bread.
Pan Fried Calamari -$10.00

Cherry peppers and pepperoncinis, served with marinara dipping sauce.
Whitefish Fingers - $9.00

Beer battered and crispy! Served with our housemade tartar sauce.
Pony Wings -$9.00

Your choice of hot, mild, or barbecue sauce, blue cheese dressing and celery.

SOUPS

Soup of the Day

Chef’s daily creation prepared with the finest ingredients.
Cup $4.00 Bowl $6.00
Manhattan Seafood Chowder

Zesty tomato broth with clams, whitefish, onions, potatoes, and bacon.
Cup $4.00 Bowl $6.00
French Onion Soup

Traditional onion broth, topped with baby swiss and provolone cheeses and crostinis.
Crock $6.00

SALADS

Add grilled or blackened chicken to any salad -$4.00
Add a shrimp or beef skewer -$8.00
Caesar Salad - $9.00

The traditional recipe with romaine lettuce, homemade croutons and fresh parmesan cheese.
Side Salad -$5.00 Full -$9.00

Harborview Gorgonzola - $10.00

A bed of mixed greens, sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts, bermuda onion, and gorgonzola cheese, tossed with a honey balsamic vinaigrette. Side -$6

The Wedge - $8.00

Baby iceberg wedge, chopped smoked bacon, chives, tomatoes and maytag blue cheese dressing.
Spinach Salad -$9.00

Baby spinach tossed in a warm caramelized shallot and bacon vinaigrette dressing, topped with candy pecans, crumbled goat cheese and port wine poached pears.
House Salad -$6.00

Tomato, cucumber, carrot, and red onions tossed with your choice of honey balsamic or buttemilk ranch. Side -$4.00

SANDWICHES

All sandwiches served with french fries and a pickle spear. (You may substitute a marinated cucumber salad)
* Cooked to Order
Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish or eggs may increase your risks of food borne illness.

Available 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

* Pony Burger - $10.00

Grilled 8 oz. ground sirloin burger with choice of cheese. Add bacon . . $2.00
Southwest Pony Burger -$11.00

Grilled 8 oz. ground sirloin burger topped with jalapenos, cheddar and pepper jack cheese and fried tobacco onions.
Black and Blue Burger -$11.00

Grilled 8 oz. ground sirloin burger topped with melted blue cheese crumbles.
Prime Rib French Dip - $12.00

Slow roasted, thinly shaved beef served on a french baguette with melted provolone cheese, swiss cheese and au jus dip.
Beer Battered Whitefish -$10.00

Fresh whitefish beer battered and deep fried. Served on a kaiser roll, with our housemade tartar sauce, lettuce, and tomato.
Chicken BLT Melt - $9.00

Marinated grilled chicken, bacon, lettuce, and tomato smothered in melted cheddar cheese, drizzled with buttermilk ranch.
Barbecued Pork Sandwich - $9.00

Mojo-marinated, slow-roasted pulled pork tossed in our housemade barbecue sauce, topped with fried tobacco onions.
Our Best Seller!

Bart’s Express - $9.00

Cup of soup and a half sandwich with choice of chicken or tuna salad on toast.
Smoked Turkey and Avocado Pita - $12.00

Tomato, smoked gouda cheese, bacon, leaf lettuce and a zesty pesto mayo.
Grilled Tuna Melt - $9.00

Classic tuna salad grilled with swiss cheese and our summer slaw.

photography
Old 09-29-2008, 05:03 PM   #154
3 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Marquette , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963 View Post

Wow horse back too - sure hope you don't have to stoop and scoup - or do they wear poop bags like the buggy horses do
Believe or not, the island actually employs a team of folks to scoop the horse poo. Hope they give good benefits with that job!

I don't think we will run into any trouble getting a table for lunch. I think there aren't going to be too many people there this time of year. Another consideration for lunch is Sea Biscuit, my friend is the manager there. There are also a few other choices, The oyster bar, The Irish Pub, The French Outpost, etc. Pink Pony is yummy too. I love their signature drink!!
Old 09-29-2008, 05:41 PM   #155
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Good to know we wont need reservations then. And any of those places are fine with me. Laura mentioned the Pink Pony earlier today but I am sure she is flexible on where we go as well. So we will have to narrow down a place to meet but we can even do that at the rally since we don't need reservations. It's great to have someone who knows the island on board. Thanks Jess!

photography
Old 09-29-2008, 07:30 PM   #156
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Jess what's their signature drink?

photography
Old 09-30-2008, 09:20 AM   #157
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Just a word about firewood because I have had several inquiries. Local wood only.

EMERALD ASH BORER: THE DNR REQUESTS YOUR HELP IN STOPPING THE SPREAD OF EMERALD ASH BORER AND OTHER FOREST PESTS. PLEASE ONLY BRING FIREWOOD THAT HAS BEEN PURCHASED LOCALLY INTO THE PARK

You will need a pass for your car too:
RESIDENT - MVP ANNUAL RESIDENT PERMIT IS $24.
DAILY PERMIT IS $6.
ANNUAL PERMIT FOR MI RESIDENTS OVER 65 WITH A VEHICLE REGISTERED IN MICHIGAN IS $6.
ANNUAL PERMIT FOR BRIDGE CARD HOLDERS IS $18. TOWED VEHICLE DUPLICATE PERMIT IS $6.
NON-RESIDENT - MVP NON-RESIDENT ANNUAL PERMIT IS $29. NON-RESIDENT DAILY PERMIT IS $8.
TOWED VEHICLE DUPLICATE IS $6.

I contacted Shepler's for group rates and we would need 20 people to qualify but was told that Wilderness has coupons for their ferry that will give us $3.00 off per adult and $1.00 off per child. This is the same as their group rate, and we would not have to make arrangements with them to come if we use the coupons. Just ask at the gate or store for the discount coupons.

Ryan are you and your friends staying Friday night at Wilderness or just popping in for the evening? How many will you have with you?

photography
Old 09-30-2008, 12:54 PM   #158
3 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Marquette , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Jess what's their signature drink?
That would be "The" Pink Pony. I have no idea what's in it but it's pink and fruity and delicious! I got myself in a bad way drinking several of those on a sunny afternoon a few years ago.

I'll call Wendy and see what she thinks about the need for reservations.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:53 PM   #159
4 Rivet Member

2008 30' Classic
On the road since 2000 , norseaodyssey.com
Hungry AND thursty...

Well, after reading all this stuff about FOOD and DRINK I am both hungry AND thirsty!

We too shall arrive on Thursday and be there through Sunday night, departing on Monday AM.

At the minute we are in a campground outside of Empire; will be here for two nights. Tomorrow we will visit Sleep Bear Dunes. The campground closes for the season day after tomorrow. They are turning the water off tomorrow morning at 9 AM and draining the water lines in the campground.

The good news is that the wifi works; bringing new definition to the word SLOW, however. Glad we are not here when the place has more than the 4 campers that are currently here.

Jim, who is very tired after having spent too much time dealing with a flat tire on the trailer today.

"Travel is fatal to bigotry, prejudice and being narrow minded."
norsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:29 PM   #160
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
I cant wait to see everyone!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote