Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: What date works best for you
Sept 29-31 6 42.86%
Oct 6-8 4 28.57%
Oct 13-15 4 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-13-2006, 10:41 PM   #61
2 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
Aurora , Colorado
jcanavera,

pattersontoo was planning on an Oct 14-15 ultraminirally at Canal Campground. Am waiting to hear from him whether he's still planning on going, but our nephew (1967 Caravelle) will be rarin' to show off his "new", newly polished obsession and we're always ready for a weekend outahere!

These dates fit you better?

Neophyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:37 AM   #62

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neophyte
jcanavera,

pattersontoo was planning on an Oct 14-15 ultraminirally at Canal Campground. Am waiting to hear from him whether he's still planning on going, but our nephew (1967 Caravelle) will be rarin' to show off his "new", newly polished obsession and we're always ready for a weekend outahere!

Well my early October dates got scuttled due to a vacation conflict with one of my fellow employees and it looks like the earliest I can get out is the 19th, so we probably will miss you guys down there. We haven't settled on plans as to where we are heading but my wife suggested that we go someplace south. Maybe we will spend a few days at LBL and maybe go on for a couple of days in Nashville. Who knows at this point, things are still up in the air.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 07:51 PM   #63
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neophyte
jcanavera,

I am still staring down the barrel of the Oct. 13-16 at the Canal Campground.
A couple of others are going to be there as well. We will welcome any and all.
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:34 AM   #64
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
in keeping with my general tendency to not quite get with the program, i'll be hitting this rally on thursday! Will be driving through eastern kentucky with a globetrotter in tow anyway so, what the hey, why not drive through the rest of kentucky & get a good night's sleep rather than making it pedal-to-the-metal for 11 hours straight. i've reserved A9. (FYI to the General: Your site still appears available to the Internet world.) I would have stayed friday night too but the $&#! campground online form says you have to stay both weekend nights. so i'll hang out during the day on friday & then vamoose toward chicago ....
Old 09-26-2006, 08:39 AM   #65
_

. , .
well that explains why the site won't book for me either.

hi summer kid hope you make it. i have been trying to book a-9 on line for an hour. shows it is open for fri/sat/sun but won't book when i do the thing...

likely to arrive early friday...

so i'll just show up whenever and hope something is open....

see ya all then...hopefully denellen will make it too...

so rodney...up to 5 now....cool.

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:57 PM   #66
3 Rivet Member

1951 21' Flying Cloud
Western , Kentucky
The campground has several sites that it does not allow the reservation people to have. They save those for drive-ups. I believe it is nearly 1/3 of the campground so chances are very good anyone wanting to just show up would be OK. Come on down. They are talking cool weather but no rain!

Greg
Old 09-27-2006, 06:58 AM   #67
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Bastages cancled my reservation and gave me some go around about a black out period. I am still planning on being there though

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:25 AM   #68
3 Rivet Member

1951 21' Flying Cloud
Western , Kentucky
I originally tried to make my reservations online. I wouldn't work. I then called and made it on the phone (I think). When I try to check my reservation online is does not show one for me. They charged my account for the site. I will take my confirmation e-mail with me.
The camp host last month told me they were having lots of complaints about the reservation system. He encouraged me to fill out a complaint on my visitors card and maybe they would cancel the contract with that company for next year if they got enough complaints.

Working like mad to at least have an aluminum tent to camp in. All lights and brakes work. That's a good thing.

Greg
Old 09-27-2006, 01:38 PM   #69
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Looks like I will be pulling in Thurs afternoon if all goes well.

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 07:24 PM   #70
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
Perfection in Airstreaming ...

... thanks, Rodney, for being the catalyst behind an absolutely wonderful time. Best campfire discussion ever.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:36 AM   #71
3 Rivet Member

1983 31' Airstream310
Iowa City , Iowa
Canal campground loop/site?

Just found this thread. We are heading to KY this spring and are interested in the Canal Campground (Corps of Engineers). Are all loops full hook up (and does that mean sewer too)? Can you recommend a nice site? It will be our first trip with our, hopefully, remodeled Ernestine. We'd love to find a wooded site with a view. (We are not anti-social, but do like to have a sense of privacy when we camp.) Any recommendations?

Auretrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:59 PM   #72
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auretrvr
Just found this thread. We are heading to KY this spring and are interested in the Canal Campground (Corps of Engineers). Are all loops full hook up (and does that mean sewer too)? Can you recommend a nice site? It will be our first trip with our, hopefully, remodeled Ernestine. We'd love to find a wooded site with a view. (We are not anti-social, but do like to have a sense of privacy when we camp.) Any recommendations?
Only "Brown's Point" has full hook-ups at Canal Campground.
I wish I could have made it down there. It would have been a good time.
I might be able to tear myself away from work next spring. We usually do not go down until Memorial Day weekend due to having two small children and nothing is really open until that weekend.
Most of the sites in Canal Campground are shaded during a good portion of the day. My favorite is not shaded all day. It does look right up the Barkley Dam locks though. I have pictures if you would be interested in seeing some of the campground. I can email them to you if you would like. I no longer post pictures on the forums.
I have been to several campgrounds in LBL and the Canal Campground is the best, hands-down.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:10 AM   #73
3 Rivet Member

1983 31' Airstream310
Iowa City , Iowa
Many thanks...

We would love to see some pictures. I really appreciate the "review".

You can email them to auretrvr@yahoo.com

Thanks for your trouble! How old are your kids? Ours are grown, sigh... But we are enjoying this new phase of camping...no more tents! Looking forward to taking our little granddaughter some day. She is only 1 now, but time goes very quickly as I get older.

Auretrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 11:09 PM   #74
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auretrvr
We would love to see some pictures. I really appreciate the "review".

You can email them to auretrvr@yahoo.com

Thanks for your trouble! How old are your kids? Ours are grown, sigh... But we are enjoying this new phase of camping...no more tents! Looking forward to taking our little granddaughter some day. She is only 1 now, but time goes very quickly as I get older.
I will be sure to mail you some pictures as soon as I am on the PC that has them stored on it. It really is the nicest park in the area. I have been camping in the area since I was the age of your granddaughter! My father was born and raised in the area so it is like a second home to me.
My girls are 3 and 6, (I am constantly reminded that she will be seven this month).
Alexandra is the oldest and Grace Marie is the youngest. I really wanted boys at first but I have to admit, that it is FAR easier for a dad to spoil his little girls!