Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 08:49 AM   #645

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Confirmed Sites 6/9/04

We have one site not accounted for officially P36. Twink has a friend coming with his A/S but he has not spoken up on the forum so I'm assuming he will be in this site. This brings the count to 27. Not bad folks! Almost double the attendance from last year.

I'm bringing a small giveaway again this year and hopefully the supply I ordered will get here before Friday. I had to cut the order off at 28. Zamboni is probably also capped on his special surprise. Ron, I love the whirlygigs and I'm sure you will be able to give them to everybody so share equally!

Those who waited until the very end, there is still time and room for you to join us at Moraine View State Park. Make your reservation now and let me know your site number.

I'm taking off work tomorrow to get the trailer packed and cleaned. We picked up a couple of Flamingos at Garden Ridge yesterday, got the food last night. Gas is getting cheaper $1.74 as of this morning. All is well. BTW, don't forget Illinois has a 55 mph speed limit for trailers and RV's. Be careful out there! June 11th is coming fast!

Moraine View State Park Attendees

Airstream01 A03
Panub A04
Tom Nugler A05
zamboni A06
Norbert A07
Hohne A08
Crazylev A09
maxandgeorgia A10
flamingo-kid1 A11
funchucky1 A12
Eikel1we P35
George & Marilyn P37
Silvertwinky P38
Till P39
Sharon Skiff P40
Cosmotini P41
Cottage P42
Argosy-1 P43
tin can luv P44
Overlander64 P45
85MH325 P46
jcanavera P47
Silvertwinkie P48
Tracy Lawrence P49
Summerkid P50
Wyhjr P51

Not confirmed

Unknown in P36

Last Year's Attendance 14

This Year's Projected to Date 27.

Regards,

Jack

AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
Old 06-09-2004, 09:06 AM   #646
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
Fine Tuning Details

GREAT suggestion to bring repellant; but I would venture a guess that you're all safe as long as I am around; I seem to be BAIT. I have spray, bug bracelets, candles, torches, STILL I'm bait.

In any case, I was wondering if we should have a person of contact in case anyone breaks down on the way or has emergencies.

It woudl be a shame to just not show up and no one knows why.

This will be the farthest we have taken our trailer.

She has travelled through the Gulf States, but not with us.

State Troopers will be the ones to help, but they don't have time to contact the group members.

Another option is to contact the Moraine Office? I don't have a phone number to it.

What does everyone else think?

Old 06-09-2004, 09:23 AM   #647
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
chicagoland , north of cheddar curtain
dont be a dont bee.....do be a do bee....

dont be a nattering nabob of negativism.......
norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
Old 06-09-2004, 10:00 AM   #648
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
'splain yourself, Lucy

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbert
norby
HUH?

Norby,I'm having ENOUGH trouble trying to memorize your quotes (which I hope to steal and use in every day life)
WITHOUT your resorting to Greek.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:12 AM   #649
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
For your info: Moraine View park phone# (309) 724-8032

I'd be willing to give my cell #, but I don't think we got a signal when we were there last time.

Jonathan
Old 06-09-2004, 10:32 AM   #650
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Cool Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazylev
For your info: Moraine View park phone# (309) 724-8032

I'd be willing to give my cell #, but I don't think we got a signal when we were there last time.

Jonathan
Thank you for the info, and for not calling me a :

" nattering nabob of negativism......."

I don't think I'll tell friends and family what Norby said.. it's too close to the truth and I'll never live it down!
He must be psychic, or something.. and probably also related to Hagrid's dragon.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:52 AM   #651

Fenton , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbert
norby
Better than a lieing sack of snake shxx.

Jack
AIR #56
Old 06-09-2004, 11:20 AM   #652
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Woe Woe Woe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
Better than a lieing sack of snake shxx.

Jack

Oh, Jack.. look how low you've sunk .. have we really been so stressful to you ??? You're supposed to be "in charge" :-)

Norby's nattering comment was niggling at me, I knew it wasn't original, but who...

oh, I got it... I guess he voted for Spiro???
Old 06-09-2004, 11:25 AM   #653
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
Dave, it's the least you can do ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandolindave
Please be advised and remind yourself that..... from some seven hundred miles away, four Grillbillies lead by a man in a gaudy tuxedo, will sing Amazing
Grace before your dinner to bless your food, friendship, and Airstreams.
The man in the gaudy tuxedo is with you in spirit, and would be honored to sing a loud drinking song during the toga party, all without the aid of a safety net.
... after withstanding all of my pleading & begging. But if Moraine View is boring, I'll pack the pickup & drive on over to Pennsylvania. Heck, I've got all weekend.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:50 AM   #654

Fenton , Missouri
Final thoughts

Just one more thought. Many of us will be enroute tomorrow or busily getting ready (me) so the chance to stop by the forum may be limited.

I'd like to thank you all who are coming. It takes a leap of faith to travel some miles, and hundreds for a few of you, to a place where many of us have never seen, never personally met the folks there, with unpredictable weather for a very short stay. The fact that we almost doubled last year's attendance is truly a joy. Last year I was hoping that we would get 8 units to show and to my surprise it blossomed to 14. And this year 27? Hey I would been happy if we had gotten to 14 again.

No matter what, we will leave as friends and hopefully will spread the word to others, that while we may overindulge in our enthusiam for these funny looking vehicles, its the people side which really makes this worth our while.

I'll be getting around on Saturday to meet everyone, get a picture of you and those traveling with you and your trailer. I'll also have a small item to give you to remember this trip by.

Because of the weather we will have to hold our breath. As noted we have an LCD projector, screen and sound system coming for Friday night movies. We know we will have Animal House and an Airstream flick or two. Be aware that Animal House is R rated and there is a brief topless scene so those of you with kids consider that if you are coming. Just like the drive in we will have to await for some darkness to get started. We will have to find a suitable location so I'll pass the word Friday where we will set up at. Obviously if its raining or the threat is great, we may have to take a bye on the movie plans.

Saturday is tour day and the pot luck. I figure we can start that at noon. Just start walking around and start visiting. If you don't want folks inside that's ok. At around 5:30 I will need some help to borrow and move some tables in the area around campsites A10 or A11...I forgot which site it was but the firepit was away from the trailer parking and it was wider than any of the other sites. At 6 PM we will start dinner at that location, so bring your chairs, blankets and whatever. Note that the picnic tables will be reserved for food placement since we will not have enough to seat everyone and provide food serving.

After dinner and we clean up, we will need to get the tables back to the sites where we borrowed them from and we will get a group campfire going.

I know most folks will depart on Sunday but again feel free to visit or tour. If you want to tour, you might consider noon as a safe time since I hope most of the late sleepers are up by then.

Remember that you need to fill your water tank before you park your unit. Bring a water hose with you and if you run short we can string some hoses together to the nearest outlet to get you filled. From my memory last year there were two dump stations available. One was at the end of our loop by the registration area. Another was near the main entrance to the park itself.

Everyone drive careful, watch the construction areas and slow down in them, check your tire pressures, lug nuts on the wheels, and check your brake and tailights before you pull out from home!

I'll open a new thread so we can post our thoughts about this rally after we get back. Look for "Recap 2004 Moraine View Midwest Rally" as the title.

For those of you not attending remember that the Mackinaw City rally still has some slots open so come on up and see us there!

Regards,

Jack
AIR #56
Old 06-09-2004, 01:22 PM   #655
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
Wish List

I wish it would stop raining. It's getting the interior wet, which means interior humidity. I can't get anything done in the rain .... I'm getting mad.

ROn
Old 06-09-2004, 02:02 PM   #656
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Raining and Pouring

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin can luv
I wish it would stop raining. It's getting the interior wet, which means interior humidity. I can't get anything done in the rain .... I'm getting mad.

ROn
Poor you! I feel for you.. the first time we went "away" camping the trailer windows leaked and it was SO TERRIBLY flusterating!!!
Old 06-09-2004, 02:56 PM   #657
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
A10-that's our house! It's going to be a tight fit under the canopy if it rains bring your chairs-we'll see you there!
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
Old 06-09-2004, 03:06 PM   #658
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
umbrellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxandgeorgia
A10-that's our house! It's going to be a tight fit under the canopy if it rains bring your chairs-we'll see you there!

I want one of those patio umbrellas that are a lit-up palm tree.

I could sit out in the rain and keep my chocolate milk AND my flamingo bobbers dry!