Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 04:32 PM   #519
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Ron, that's just it. . .you do what you wanna do! If you wanna pick up some AS treasures, poke around in the flea market stuff. If you wanna pick up some ideas for renovating or decorating, poke your nose in every open AS door. If you smell good food, go eat--and hope it's the AS bunch you're munchin' with! If you wanna sing a song, light up the campfire, and "they" will come, maybe with a banjo in hand. If you wanna drink of chocolate milk, well. . . Anyway, it's a smorgasbord--pick what you wanna do Can't wait! See you there!

Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
Old 06-01-2004, 04:37 PM   #520
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I'd have to agree with everything except a flea market type thing outdoors. I just have a feeling that might not go over too well with the state park folks. That an breaking out electric polishers. I could see them (state park folks) being a bit concerned with those activites. If in doubt, call. Better to know ahead of time before you lug any extra gear that you plan to use to sell or for RV maint. Just a thought.

Old 06-01-2004, 04:39 PM   #521
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
I'll probably be truck camping too, Chucky1. Too lazy to drive to Texas to pick up a trailer, and too worried about the weather up here to park a Bambi in my unprotected driveway.

Crazylev, if you want a really useful hands-on demo, perhaps you could join me in helping Chucky1 put his shell back on Saturday morning (?). Any others willing to contribute a couple of hours? He'll be mighty sorry if it's just me scurrying around there, trying not to break a nail ...
Old 06-01-2004, 04:42 PM   #522
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Summer, you're the best!
Old 06-01-2004, 06:00 PM   #523

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Pot Luck food!

The idea of the seminar's is interesting but to be honest with you, that's just not the intention of this type of rally. I can tell you that we do these types of things at the WBCCI functions. My best advice is to join a local unit where you can get the event crammed campouts, and still come to ours with the forum where we try to just chill out for the weekend.

I will say that at the Mackinaw rally we will have a week and if somebody wants to do something there, we can look into this.

Regarding the pot luck, I've had some questions from some who want to know what to bring for the pot luck. I went back into last year's thread and did notice that many people spoke up as to what they planned to bring. Maybe that's why the food worked out so good and we had enough variety. So if you know what you plan on bringing, step up to the plate.

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
Old 06-01-2004, 06:04 PM   #524

Fenton , Missouri
Confirmed Sites 6/01/04

Well with the wecome addition of funchucky1 in A12 we are now up to 26. Glad to see you coming!

There is still time and room for you to join us at Moraine View State Park. Make your reservation now and let me know your site number. June 11th is coming fast! Please be sure to let us know if you are coming!

Moraine View State Park Attendees

Airstream01 A03
Panub A04
Tom Nugler A05
zamboni A06
Norbert A07
Hohne A08
Crazylev A09
maxandgeorgia A10
flamingo-kid1 A11
funchucky1 A12
Eikel1we P35
George & Marilyn P37
Silvertwinky P38
Till P39
Sharon Skiff P40
Cosmotini P41
Cottage P42
Argosy-1 P43
tin can luv P44
Overlander64 P45
85MH325 P46
jcanavera P47
Silvertwinkie P48
Tracy Lawrence P49
Summerkid P50
Wyhjr P51

Last Year's Attendance 14

This Year's Projected to Date 26.

Regards,

Jack
AIR #56
Old 06-01-2004, 06:14 PM   #525

Fenton , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin can luv
I thought that's what this is all about. INFORMALITY, and no schedules.

I DO agree with you, it just seems like this whole rally is getting formalized, instead of laid back-do what you wanna do....
Hey Ron its still informal. Other than the movie and the pot luck, and campfire, we are still informal. And I'll tell you right now that your participation in any of these "formal" events is optional. No pressure, no knocking on your door asking where you are.

As far as the flea market, as I noted if someone has something to bring up and sell, all the more to them. Just conduct the sale and showing at your trailer during the tour time. We aren't going to pull together a formal selling area. I can't see how that violates any park regs.

Now in regards to the "how to's", just ask. You will see enough of us there with all vintages of trailers, its just a matter of asking. Silvertwinkie found out the quick cure from me last year on how why his door wouldn't close easily. All you gotta do is ask. There will be a wealth of information here. So if you are a newbee ask away!

Jack
AIR #56
Old 06-01-2004, 06:25 PM   #526

Fenton , Missouri
Time to make your decision

As you noticed earlier we have at least a couple of surprises for you all who are coming. Now, the surprises are not getting free camping, or discounts on your next Airstream purchase, but we do need to get a final handle on who is coming.

So if you have thought about coming, let me know. We have some deadlines regarding the surprises that is soon approaching.

Just to be clear, if you make your mind up the day before that you are coming, there will probably be room for you. So those of you down to the wire on a decsion, please come no matter when you decide.

Just be aware that if you make up your mind after we turn in our final numbers, you may not be able to be a recepient of the surprises.

Also remember that Tracy Lawrence is making commerative T-shirts so go pack to her post and get her email address if you want to order. We don't want her kids sitting up Thursday night making shirts.

Jack
AIR #56
Old 06-01-2004, 06:50 PM   #527
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
chicagoland , north of cheddar curtain
i agree that everything should more or less be impromtu....if it feels good do it..... not planned...having said that, i pm'd jack and he recommended i ask the question...what are you bringing to the potluck?...i have decided on making a ranch salad which is more a side dish then a salad.....being that it goes very well with grilled meats as im sure most peoples entrees will come from the barbie.....
norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
Old 06-01-2004, 06:54 PM   #528
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
Oh!!!

I didn't know Barbie was going to be there!!! WHat'll I wear??? Better run to Toys r us to find an outfit.

BTW, when did the Barbie Dream 'Stream come out on the market???

Ron
Old 06-01-2004, 06:56 PM   #529
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
your carmen miranda hat.......
norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
Old 06-01-2004, 06:56 PM   #530
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
I don't eat meat so will be bringing salmon with green beans & potatoes plus a Greek salad and a berry or French silk pie, if I can get it down there in one piece.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:56 PM   #531
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
Menu

I'm bringing

Chinese Cole Slaw

Sounds gross, but I am THE pickiest eater, and I love it!!

It has sunflower seeds, almonds, ramen noodles, raisins, cashews, cole slaw, and dressign, all mixed together. Very Good.

What Are You Bringing???
Old 06-01-2004, 06:59 PM   #532
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
easy kid...chill out, or bring your mise en plas and throw it together at the park...
norby

Closed Thread