Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 01:54 PM   #501
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Wow! This is going to be an unbelievable turnout! We now have one full row of the campground and a good part of a second row as well. Glad to see most if not all the old faces coming back again this year and so many new faces as well.

Last time we pulled in we heard folks talking at their campsites saying, “Look, there’s another one of those campers!” I can’t imagine what they’ll be saying this time around!
Old 05-30-2004, 05:46 PM   #502
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
Might as well have our own row

As soon as the Carmen Miranda/Toga Contests kick up, We'll send the SOB's a runnin'

THat is, the SOB's that aren't "Honorary SOB's" (airstream wannabe's)

Ron
Old 05-30-2004, 05:48 PM   #503
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
And!!!

Quit talkin' about alcohol restrictions!!! You're killin my buzz.

'sides, Tracy and I won't be around long. Once I get at her for rubbin poison ivy in my TCL shirts, that live version of Cops is sure to take us both down.
Old 05-31-2004, 06:13 AM   #504
Rivet Master

South Shore , Kentucky
Just a thought!

Usually when I start thinking I get myself in trouble or spend a lot of money.
What I was thinking about was during this rally in June would it be acceptable to have something like a swap meet? With so many Airstreamer's together we might have things we no longer want that someone else might want. I certainly wouldn't want to portray the appearance of a yard sale or anything like that but I just thought I might bring along a used power jack and an extra set of tension bars I have in case someone there may be interested in them.

What do you think Jack, do you have any input on this since you coordinated this event?

Hope everyone has a great Holiday!

"A safe camper is a Happy Camper"

Bill & Donna

Air Forums Member # 2360
Old 05-31-2004, 06:59 AM   #505
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
Lightbulb Yard Sale Permits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinky
What I was thinking about was during this rally in June would it be acceptable to have something like a swap meet? With so many Airstreamer's together we might have things we no longer want that someone else might want. I certainly wouldn't want to portray the appearance of a yard sale or anything like that but I just thought I might bring along a used power jack and an extra set of tension bars I have in case someone there may be interested in them.

Not to be a killjoy, we ALREADY are on the line with the Carmen Miranda drinking contest.. or what was that???? ..... but oftentimes places get in an uproar about appearances of flea markets .. in a State Park you probably need a permit.

I speak from experience; we own an antique shop in Rockford. Personally, I think it's a GREAT idea. I make an OK living off one man's junk.....

We should start a thread on here with a list of what anyone has for trade, or at the very least, start adding right here.. that would prolong this thread even further...

I have had a lot of luck scouring flea markets, church rummage sales and garage sales for vintage pieces for the trailer. But I haven't found any REAL trailer parts.. just a metal Ambassador name plate in a junk box.. looks like it has been through a fire. It's now a paperweight.

Everybody, keep thinking and posting!
Old 05-31-2004, 07:18 AM   #506
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
Swap Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingo-kid1
I have had a lot of luck scouring flea markets, church rummage sales and garage sales for vintage pieces for the trailer. But I haven't found any REAL trailer parts..
BUT WE WOULD KILL FOR A ROCK GUARD FOR OUR 1967 AMBASSADOR!!! Would that be a part anyone would have???
Old 06-01-2004, 08:46 AM   #507
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
whitewater , north of cheddar curtain
its getting closer!

was just wondering about planning for potluck night....how are we going to decide who brings what?
norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
Old 06-01-2004, 09:03 AM   #508

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbert
was just wondering about planning for potluck night....how are we going to decide who brings what?
norby
You make your own entree for yourself. As far as what you bring for the potluck, that's your choice. We did it this way last year and we ended up with plenty of variety. Everyone has their favorite so again bring what you want, we try to make this easy. Just bring enough to share with 6 to 8 others. The way I figure doing the math 25 units each bringing something to share multiplied by 6 to 8 servings means lots of food.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
Old 06-01-2004, 09:09 AM   #509

Fenton , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingo-kid1

We should start a thread on here with a list of what anyone has for trade, or at the very least, start adding right here.. that would prolong this thread even further...
You know I like the idea a little flea market, maybe limited to a few items per site. Just have the items available for inspection at your trailer...figure you can show them while we are doing the trailer tours Saturday after lunch.

I'm thinking about bringing my dual-cam hitch and bars if someone might be interested. If anyone is interested in my receiver from my 2003 GMC van, I can bring that also.

But keep in mind we do need to use the tables for food Saturday night so if you are bringing some stuff, remember we will probably need to borrow some tables to move to the food area.

I don't believe that park folks will have any issues, especially if we keep it local to each site, rather than anything formal.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 06-01-2004, 09:18 AM   #510

Fenton , Missouri
I just got a correction not from Sue that her site is P35. Does anyone know who is in P36????

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 06-01-2004, 11:45 AM   #511
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
Is it safe to say that there is no electrical hook up at the sites we are at?? I kneed to know so I can prepair ahead of time. I will need to re-install the batttery section that my brother removed........
That and pack the big cooler with the block-o-ice
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
No trailers...
Old 06-01-2004, 12:10 PM   #512
4 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
schaumburg , confusion
Send a message via AIM to Tikihut
All the sites that we are on have 20amp and 30 amp service we just don't have water right on our sites.

Chris
WBCCI #2732
Old 06-01-2004, 12:16 PM   #513
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
I'm in site A12 (not that you asked ;-) )

I don't expect to actually be staying in a trailer though.
Probably the truck bed

I wish I knew you were trying to figure out who's in P36 - I was just at the park, and I saw the list
Old 06-01-2004, 12:16 PM   #514
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
Kewl, that saves me money.......
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
No trailers...
Old 06-01-2004, 02:33 PM   #515
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
Maybe this is getting in over our head for this year, but consider:

How about "Workshops" where a group can go for specific information on the many aspects of Airstreaming. These "workshops" could include, but not be limited to:

1. Winterization and storage techniques.
2. The Magical Mystery Electrical System.
3. Water Systems- the Fresh, the Gray, The ugly(black).
4. Care, cleaning, and general loving, without upsetting our significant others.
5. Propane sytems- gas you can live with.
6. Towing and manuvering- stop the madness.

...and so on.

I know there are people on this forum that are experts on one or more of these things, and I'm not one of 'em.

My thought is that there would have to be at least two times for each workshop, in case one overlaps with another that some one would want to attend.

Having these workshops would answer alot of the same questions that I think we all have, thus giving more time to brag about our own trailers.

I know the MW Rally is a Friday-Sunday deal, but maybe next year those who could make a Thursday-Sunday rally, Thursday could be a teaching day as well. Workshops should start early in the day, when it is cooler, and more folks are around. Coffee and Krispy-Kremes anyone?

Just some thoughts. Now back to our regularly scheduled programing....

Jonathan
Old 06-01-2004, 03:23 PM   #516
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
Jonathan

I think this is a fantastic idea, considering this will be our maiden voyage...

Problem being.... If we have workshops, fleamarkets, movies, and pot luck, we're turning into a formal WBCCI rally, instead of an informal forum rally.

I thought that's what this is all about. INFORMALITY, and no schedules.

I DO agree with you, it just seems like this whole rally is getting formalized, instead of laid back-do what you wanna do....
Old 06-01-2004, 03:27 PM   #517
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Great idea, Johnathan, but scoot over, please. I'm one step ahead of you with my request for a polishing demo-from several weeks back! (I wonder how many PAGES back that was?) My Blue Magic is packed in the AS. By the way, do you all realize the Rally is just 10 days away!! Time for provisioning! How did the first trip camping go, Johnathan? Thinking. . .hand on the bottom of the steering wheel, turn in the direction you want the trailer to go. . .we are practicing too!
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
Old 06-01-2004, 03:32 PM   #518
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I would say this...if folks want to polish, feel free. If others want to learn or watch...hey even better. If folks have questions, ask someone, there are no stupid questions...just a few grins as we've all been there.

I don't think we should have a how to or other type of "Home Depot" type events. I think if one does it and others follow, great, but I for one would like time to enjoy the company, sit back and relax rather than clean/polish the coach or do a Tim Allen seminar. I am however very happy to answer any questions I can to help folks out, help back folks in , help setup, etc.
Old 06-01-2004, 03:32 PM   #519
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Ron, that's just it. . .you do what you wanna do! If you wanna pick up some AS treasures, poke around in the flea market stuff. If you wanna pick up some ideas for renovating or decorating, poke your nose in every open AS door. If you smell good food, go eat--and hope it's the AS bunch you're munchin' with! If you wanna sing a song, light up the campfire, and "they" will come, maybe with a banjo in hand. If you wanna drink of chocolate milk, well. . . Anyway, it's a smorgasbord--pick what you wanna do Can't wait! See you there!
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
Old 06-01-2004, 03:37 PM   #520
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I'd have to agree with everything except a flea market type thing outdoors. I just have a feeling that might not go over too well with the state park folks. That an breaking out electric polishers. I could see them (state park folks) being a bit concerned with those activites. If in doubt, call. Better to know ahead of time before you lug any extra gear that you plan to use to sell or for RV maint. Just a thought.
Closed Thread