Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2006, 12:25 AM   #81
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Relax...

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiancreek
Can anyone tell me? Am I in some kind of Purgatory until the moderator figures out that I'm not entirely crazy or an axe murderer?! Does it go away after a certain probationary period? Is it waiting for me to be tempted to write a censure-worthy post? Am I in danger?
What the Warn?!?

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 11:52 AM   #82
2 Rivet Member

2006 19' International CCD
Dallas , Texas
warn!

Thanks, Shari for showing me the thread. Interesting little thing that warn meter. I guess who gets the warn meter is determined by the same Power that decides who gets their baggage searched at Mexican airports....

thanks again,

Nancy
indiancreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:15 PM   #83
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
~G,
I am doing fine with the fires one was near my porperty but there is nothing on it but trees and grass.

I am actually in Idaho for the fire season. I am a contract pilot flying for the forst service. Looks like i will be here for af few more weeks as least until it rains really hard. Where to next? Do not know yet.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:23 PM   #84

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Just want to add, the other day I practiced backing the Caravel up the driveway and into it's spot by the shop. Took half an hour, and a lot of pulling forward and trying again, but I got it there! By golly, I'll learn to back that thing up by myself yet!

Stefrobrts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:25 PM   #85
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1989 33' Land Yacht
Chattanooga , Tennessee
I would love to participate in a women's only rally. We have a group of girls here that go off by ourselves several times a year to camp and generally enjoy the outdoors. I work at a school, so the summer would be better for me as far as timing goes. I'll keep a watch on the thread and see if I can make it when final plans are made.
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:43 AM   #86
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Thumbs up Good Job Steph!!

Half an hour sounds respectable for a first time lesson ..... especially w/a "short subject" !! I have not had a go of it yet but as they say, ..."there's still hope."

suz
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 11:33 AM   #87
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Wow, Steph! You are far ahead of me in this. I'm in your dust! On our recent trip to Colorado after the beginning of this thread, I insisted on doing and participating in more of the outdoor set up and take down. It's past time for me to learn the order and mechanics of all this even if I have to elbow him aside a little in order to do so. Actually, I think Max would be particularly pleased if I learned to do it better than he so he could ease back in his recliner with a cool one and watch me work! Really though, besides just the coup of being able to do it all myself, I know I need to be able to totally handle the trailer alone in case of the unthinkable~Max suddenly being unable to physically drive or take down the trailer on one of our trips away from home. Thanks for the inspiration to keep at it! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 06:33 PM   #88
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Good for you Max and Steph

You are absolutely right Max - it is not that we want to be better just that we know how to do it and feel comfortable and confident as well. In case of emergency but also if we are inclined to travel when the Hubby is off Hunting or working or just not into leaving the Big Screen TV that weekend.

Or if you have a hubby like mine he encourages me to do things independantly that interest me - I think the experience of doing a short trip to a Womens Rally would be great - but time has run out for this season up in Canada - soon we will be winterizing!!!

We have a nice little fair ground in Norwood right off Highway 7 east of Peterborough. We could run obstical courses to learn how to maneuver. And we would be just 15 minutes away from some spectacular canoeing, kayaking and hiking, photography of the Canadian Sheild.

There is also a fairground right in Lakefield too.
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:03 PM   #89

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
I'm good with all the other setup and takedown stuff, and I DO have a checklist to help us rememebr everything. But backing up is the one thing I need to practice practice practice on. My husband got the hang of it right off for some reason, and he has backed it out of some pretty sticky spots (dead ends, fast food parking lots that didn't have rv parking, narrow campsites with big scary trees all around). I think knowing how to back it up and get out of spots is a big confidence builder to gettign around on your own. I know one time we took a wrong turn and thought we'd just drive around this building only to find it went into a dirt road and dead ended, and we had to slowly back out of it. You never know what you're going to get into.

Stefrobrts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 10:42 PM   #90
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Wow did I have a lot of catching up to do here. It looks like we have ourselves plenty of sisters with interest! Yea!!!!! I am prone to put the cart before the horse cowgirls (and non-cowgirls) but I envision we have ourselves a club with several chapters and you can pinky shake on that.

I've not been doing my homework I have been AWOL to Rocky Mountain National Park. But I might as well make a clean "breast" of it now I am not an organizer, I am an instigator. Sometimes that's a good thing, like now, and sometimes...well, you don't want to know.

I am excited in seeing so many. We have real women of substance here. This will be a success. Whatever we do, whereever we go, whatever our attributes, I think we are going to mesh like pantyhose.

We have volunteers already for organizing, training, location, caravanning and more. We have both flavors, green and seasoned, or is that "saucy?"

With so many great name candidates how can we choose but one? Maybe we can fix the by-line easier and insert a name a rally by the hostess.???We know who we are, and if it isn't just me, we've been called a few various names already, right? We're still us, whatever we're called, but it is up to the individual to choose what she may or may not answer to, as always. Fair?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 10:49 PM   #91
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
So...who's up? Shall we boldly go where no man dares?

Tin Can Tourists used to sport a tin can on the hood of their cars, shall we fly our colors, pink and blush, in a lacey little number from an all but obsolete antenna? Just kidding, I like cabernet too, but seriously... any ideas of an emblem, sticker or flag, or some sort of identification?

photography
Old 10-14-2006, 11:58 PM   #92
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
So...who's up? Shall we boldly go where no man dares?

Tin Can Tourists used to sport a tin can on the hood of their cars, shall we fly our colors, pink and blush, in a lacey little number from an all but obsolete antenna? Just kidding, I like cabernet too, but seriously... any ideas of an emblem, sticker or flag, or some sort of identification?
Hi, how about a silver flag with a pink female symbol on it?

Bob
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 06:35 AM   #93
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
Hi Carol and all,,, i think a decal would be great,,, placed upon our trailers in a conspicuous spot,,, like to the right of the door,, any artists there??? do we have an approved name for the group?? keep me posted,,, guess am seasoned some what,,,but feel all women should know how,,, there are many sad stories out there regarding emergencies and lives lost due to ignorance,,, keep it up gals,,, we all can do it,,, donna
dieterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:59 AM   #94
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Cool,
When I went to pick up my 31 ft Classic I had never backed anything that big up before. It was easier than my 15 ft utility trailer.
It took me a while and I still want an observer when backing up.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 03:20 PM   #95
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Backing it up -- that's what I want to work on. I need to find a place where there's not a gazillion trees around (like, NOT my driveway! ) so I can get some quality time in with the truck and trailer. I'll save the tight spots for when I'm more advanced.

Carol -- mesh like pantyhose??? You silly woman!

GT6921 -- we're getting ready to winterize here too, with threat of snow already upon us. I'm starting to think ahead to next spring and summer though. Ontario, Michigan and the upper midwest, southeast U.S., and even Montana are all on my radar.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 06:11 PM   #96
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile How bout a page from history..

I was thinking how inspiring Rosie the Riveter had been to grandma's generation, and then that rivets mean something to all of us Airstreamers, and how we can do this--tow/back up...I think this image is public domain...I love that meshing like pantyhose, how cool!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rosie_riveter.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	27021  
Old 10-15-2006, 06:27 PM   #97
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
I was thinking how inspiring Rosie the Riveter had been to grandma's generation, and then that rivets mean something to all of us Airstreamers, and how we can do this--tow/back up...I think this image is public domain...I love that meshing like pantyhose, how cool!
That's perfect!! I love it! We should definitely find a way to work Rosie the Riveter into this. And it's all ready to go. There's probably lots of Rosie the Riveter stuff available now, and maybe we can work the image into an Airstream design.
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:44 PM   #98
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I love it too! Great graphic Steph. It is so empowering to women. And I like your idea Jamie of making it an Airstream image. I'll be riveted to my seat for the outcome.

photography
Old 10-15-2006, 09:52 PM   #99
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
A/S Image

I like the idea of incorporating an A/S image also, butt (< not an error) ........ "the" people in J C, OH take exception to use of the product image we know and love so well. Never mind what airstreamforums.com has accomplished in so short a time to favor that product.
OUCH !!! I just fell off the soap box ! (Sorry, but I doubt we would have an A/S if it weren't for a/sforums.com)

Anyhoo, I'm glad things are beginning to take shape. A cool name is a must though, don't you think? WE CAN DO IT! and if we have to go underground (see above) we could wear rivets fashioned into earrings as a secret sign. (shhhh) < stealth mode
Oh, and could/should we start a list of name ideas to refer to and inspire??

Happy Camping,
suz - being a little silly @ this late hour
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:10 PM   #100
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Lotsa Lakes & Trout streams

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjamie
I was just visiting the website for the Virginia Highlands Airstream Park today wonderin' if that might be a good eastern rally location. Looks like a beautiful spot. Didn't see any lakes around for Carol though.
There is a big lake less than 40 miles east, and the area has lots of trout streams, especially the New River. There are also several wineries within an hour's drive.

I stayed there with my sister for a week. We spent much time seeing the local sights, but if I were by myself I might have just lolled around the campground. It is pristine - even magical. Several mature apple trees grow in the meadow, and you're welcome to pick anything the deer can't reach.

Paula
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote