Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-06-2006, 09:38 AM   #61
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Hi All.

Wow, the brain isn't what it used to be. I flipped my calendar to September yesterday, and lo and behold, I've already got reservations AT Virginia Highland Haven Park for Sept 17 through 23.

My sister is having surgery (nothing radical) in October and wanted to have some time to play first. We're hoping to catch some apple festivals, etc. in that area. I'm going internet searching this afternoon. Anyone wanna join in? Mini-rally just to get our feet wet? Karen makes a mean cosmo... and I'll supply the ingredients. I'm not a great cook, but if you drink enough cosmo's first...

For those who don't have much free time, I've been assured that they almost never fill up, so we could make it a full weekend and start on the 15th or run through the 24th.

Paula Ford
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:22 AM   #62
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Sue, I forgot (I think! Maybe I never realized) that you live in MI! You and Ike should come to the Metro Detroit rally! (We met at Mackinac, we were right next to you)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eikel1we
I've been reading this thread with great interest and would love to do a Doe Tow! However...... I've only pulled about 50 mi. on a 2 lane highway @ 55mph.w/ light traffic, knew exactly where I was going (my usual job is to read the map), Ike was with me (didn't scream like a school girl even once), tried backing a boat trailer a few times - umm, not good , I don't know much about the mechanical stuff (hitch, awning, elec. to gas, etc.). BUT..... I'm sure not afraid to give it a go AND COULD LEARN IF I HAD MORE TIME!! And if a D.T. were in the summer months, as a real plus, I believe I could bribe (or blackmail?!) one or both of my daughters to come along. That would be so cool! And I just had another stellar thought....here in MI there are loads of nifty places to go and not all that far away. Actual "in the field" practice !!

I also noticed there are 3 or 4 of us from MI posting in this thread. Hummm....

suz

p.s. 2air, In my case, "broad" must be preceeded by "baudy" on occasion. (pats to Max )

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:57 AM   #63
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Looks like lots of interest out there! Are we missing anyone who thinks they might like to sign on? (If you'd rather indicate interest in private, just PM me and I'll keep a separate list. )

Anyone have any suggestions for a way to organize this? Don't want to put too much work on any one person, and don't want to leave anyone out.

-J

Northeast
dougjamie (Jamie), MA

Michigan
Wheel Interested (Carol)
Mrs. Towdaddy (Vicky)
Tin Sista (Steph)
eikel1we (Suz)

Midwest
MaxandGeorgia (Georgia), MO
Summerkid, IL

Southeast
Foiled Again (Paula), VA

Pacific Northwest
Stefrobrts (Stef), WA
SRoffe (Robyn), WA

Mountain West
dieterdog (Donna), MT
TheCatSandi, (Michelle) MT

California
Codybear (Paula)
BamCamper
CoastalMe (Anita)
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 12:39 PM   #64
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hey Paula that sounds fantastic! I'd be there for my cosmo but I will be away at Rocky Mountain National Park at a minimum from September 14th through the 17th http://www.nationalparkcampground.com/ And then we will probably extend or move on possibly to Utah or Montana depending upon the fires. Georgia are you and Max going to be in the area on your upcoming vacation? OK 2AIR this is your chance to make a date withTwin Sisiters.
Michelle and Donna I know I am getting near!

Jamie has a great regional break down of who we are thus far.

So who is going to Paula's to drink those cosmos?!!! Anyone dropping by to see Bradley, Baron Orie and me?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 02:11 PM   #65
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Carol, we've finally settled on Colorado-the Gunnison/Crested Butte area, maybe day/overnite tripping to Durango, Mesa Verde, if time allows. We were too concerned over the fire reports north of Yellowstone, near Big Timber (Michelle and Donna, how are you all with the fires?) and the same for Idaho/Stanley area. So far, we've not heard of fire problems in the Gunnison area. Wish we could meet up, but we're probably far apart-well, maybe not so far as the crow flies, but getting around those mountain peaks with a trailer is another story! Enjoy the Rockies and the fall color! I'm getting excited now ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 04:24 PM   #66
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Paula, Georgia, and Carol,
Have fun camping! Wish I could do either or both, Dave's off to CA those weeks for work so I'm a single parent (of 4 yr old) until October.
Jamie that was so nice of you to post the regions. Looks great so far.
We must have Cosmos at future rallies-they look so elegant, I never did try one but I've seen them on food network Can't wait to go to the first Airstream women's rally.
Paula best wishes to your sis for her surgery.
Carol, happy travels! Can't wait to see the photos!!
Georgia, did you see the photos of the Gunnison on the digitalrv blog? Rich Charpentier put up some great photos on his travel blog. You're in for a visual treat on the trip!
Old 09-10-2006, 02:07 AM   #67
Rivet Master

1963 19' Globetrotter
Laguna Beach , California
Smile Count me in with the California Contingient!

Hi ...I'm a 'Newbie' 2....! and ...I have a 19' Bambi as well !
This is really exciting, and you can count me in on the plans if it's before mid November. I'm an artist and hope to do some painting on any of my trips.
I have a little French Bulldog too but I could leave him home if there's no pets allowed. I have another artist friend who is familiar with pulling trailers who might join me on Airstream Adventures. I vote for 'SASSI' if you're still asking!
Debra
Babeebloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 02:31 AM   #68
Rivet Master

1963 19' Globetrotter
Laguna Beach , California
OMG ...I thought of another name while roaming the forum...
Bauxite Babes! or Bi...es???....alright, it's getting late I gotta go to bed...
Babeebloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 07:05 AM   #69
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
Carol,,, where i am,, there is one fire,, west of Victor, Montana,,, in the wilderness area,,, we have had some smoke,, but not too bad at all,,, clearing,, fire is pretty far away,, nothing else that i know of,,,,donna
dieterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 11:55 AM   #70
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
AYRSTRM2 Metro Rally

John,

Yes, I do remember you being there! It was a nice gathering. We may be interested in the Metro Rally but I'm not sure when it is. I found a couple of fall dates at that thread but don't know which one you're refering to. Please feel free to PM me with details.

suz
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 11:14 AM   #71
1 Rivet Member

1994 34' Limited
Elgin , Texas
I'd be interested in camping with you guys. Course, DH may have something to say about that!

1994 34' Classic Ltd
2002 Chevy C/C 4X4 Duramax
2006 VW Jetta TDI
ginger126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:38 PM   #72
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Hey count me in North of the Border.

My contribution although I really prefer to camp in a camp environment - but a first SASSY circle - I think a fair grounds would be great. As long as we are close to all the other interests - like kayaking, canoeing, nature and all that.

Reason for the fairgrounds would be a gal's working weekend - those in the know can help those who need help. Have a couple of 40 min seminars and then play the rest of the time.

Set up take down solo style, safety on the road, practical parking in a HUGE field - we could even do some exchanges for fun - single axle gals can have a go at the long tubes and vice versa.

On the other hand - our driveway can take up to 5 trailers - and you would definately get some backing up practice

great idea Carol!
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:13 AM   #73
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Ok so where do we go from here?
Who is going to organize the place, date and how to sign up?
I cannot volunteer at this time. I am one the move. My job in Idaho/ Oregon is winding down. I am planning on heading back to Missoula in early November. That may change as I made a job contact while in Boise. I may be headed to Arizona for a year or two.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 02:44 PM   #74
Still wears a thong

I'd like to party with you cowgirls! Count me in!
Mrs. Tin Hut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 04:12 PM   #75

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Oh, if Mrs Tin Hut shows up, there's not telling how far people will drive to join in! Put that man in his place and head on out, woman!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 04:35 PM   #76
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Wow things are looking great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi
Ok so where do we go from here?Who is going to organize the place, date and how to sign up?
Good question Michelle, I think as a preliminary step we were gathering email and locations via private messages to Carol and Jamie and then basic locations were posted by Jamie (post 63) earlier in the thread. According to post #64 this thread, Carol's Airstreaming her way west (?) and is hopefully having too much fun to post!

It looked like Virginia was being considered for a future mideastern rally but nothing was set in stone.

Seems like for folks further west another spot could be considered and so on,
So cool to hear from everyone newly posting--Sharon, Suz, Mrs. Tin Hut, ginger, babeebloos, and StefRoberts!
Old 09-22-2006, 05:02 PM   #77
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
I would be happy to organize. I'm basically unemployed (and unemployable no doubt) for the foreseeable future.

And I've TWICE set up a month in France for 2 dozen people, most of them miserably ugly Americans with whom I'm no longer acquainted. An Airstream rally for you folks would be a walk in the park.

Just let's not do it in Illinois. Bleagh, flat, ugly. Who wants to be Sassinator in charge of general locale?
Old 09-24-2006, 07:53 PM   #78
2 Rivet Member

2006 19' International CCD
Dallas , Texas
women's rally!!

Oh, girls, I am so in! How about Babes and Mamas being Independent (BAMBI)? Too sweet? Then maybe Sisters on Superhighways (SOS) That's all I got right now, but I have had 2 glasses of Cabernet.
indiancreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:18 AM   #79
2 Rivet Member

Dallas , Texas
women's rally

Thanks, tin sista! I'm "taking my show on the road" sometime in Spring 07; it would be so great to incorporate the rally into that trip! Or were you all thinking sometime this Fall? Depending on the timing of it all, I would pitch in and do some work to help set the thing up. Be warned though, I'm a complete newbie and have zero experience in this area. To be honest, I can count my outings on one hand so far, and still have fingers left over!! But I'm eager to learn and still have most of my brain cells left. (Despite my post last night---those were two big glasses of Cab!)
Old 09-25-2006, 02:07 PM   #80
2 Rivet Member

Dallas , Texas
Question why do i have that "warn" thingy at the bottom of my profile?

Can anyone tell me? Am I in some kind of Purgatory until the moderator figures out that I'm not entirely crazy or an axe murderer?! Does it go away after a certain probationary period? Is it waiting for me to be tempted to write a censure-worthy post? Am I in danger?

Mrs. Tin Hut, I was drawn to your post for two reasons--- 1. there is an uncanny family resemblance, and 2. you used the word "cowgirls" in your post. Now since last night when I first read your post, I have thumbed through the Summer 06 Airstream Life and read your and Mr. Hut's Letters to the Editor on page 80. I thought to myself, "self, there is some woo-woo stuff goin on here". I'm just down the road from you a piece in Dallas, and you sound like my kinfolk..... OK, anyway, in the course of investigating my suspicions further, I read some of your earlier posts (no, I am not stalking you). I noticed one of your hubbie's posts and then I saw it! He has been a naughty boy evidently and has 20% in that "warn" area thing. See where I'm going with this? Maybe ya'll have the answer to the aforementioned question. Anyhoo..... back to the cowgirl thing. I do fancy myself as somewhat of a cowgirl. Grew up around cows, I like to eat cows, I have a ranch which no longer has cows (thank you, drought), like to ride around on horses while looking like a cowgirl, etc. etc. etc. Are you now or have you ever been a cowgirl? I know this is alot of words flying at you at once, but I'm just glad to find a local woman who fancies airstreams. If this women's rally materializes maybe we can caravan to it. BTW, I love your skillet idea. I know a metal fabricator near downtown Dallas who could dent the things for you, but it may take some of the satisfaction out of konking unruly spouses over the head!