Old 01-13-2007, 02:55 PM   #393
3 Rivet Member
2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Hi Nancy,
Great to hear from you again. Sorry to hear that you are having problems with ice. We had a small problem with that this Monday here in SW Michigan. My husband knows all about that. But I wouldn't ask him about it if I were you. We had several inches of snow a couple of weeks before Christmas but nothing but a dusting since then. Our weather has not been that different from yours. But, from what here on our local weather things are about to change. The weather has been strange so far. We have had dandelions blooming, grass greening up, and trees budding. Oh my, I hope that doesn't mean that there will be a delay in the trees leafing out in the spring.

I am glad to hear that you made it through the madness in one piece. I remember those kind of days very well while living in NW Louisiana. I loved you account of your experience, BTW.

Most of us have been posting on the thread, "Rivettes Summer Solistice Rally". Be sure and check it out. Sharon (GT6921) and Jamie (dougjamie) have been very creative lately. We also had solidified our destination and dates. I sure wished that you were going to be able to attend. But as they say, "Life Happens". Hopefully we will be able to meet up somewhere out there on the road!

Air #5970
2001 F250 CC 7.3 PSD 4x4 ("Bubba")
2007 34' SO Classic ("Betty Lou II")
Towdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:30 AM   #394
We can tow it!
1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Hey Nancy!

Originally Posted by indiancreek
The Cowboys are now dead to me.......... please, no one ever mention that name to me again.............. I am considering becoming a rabid fan of some other football team yet to be determined. Any suggestions?
Hey Nancy,
Glad to hear you are back! You know the Lions have been dead to me for a while now, so I hear ya about the Cowboys. There's always hockey, it is a more exciting game after all and the Detroit Redwings are always accepting new fans...

Like Vickie suggested, check out the cute logo Sharon and Jamie made for the rally, I swiped it for my avatar!
Be safe!

Steph in MI Air# 6996-
I Hockeytown USA!!
tin sista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:18 AM   #395
Rivet Master
2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Hi Nancy - welcome back ----where we're ya anyway??

A little bit of ice and the world shuts down - that is too funny - but as far as us northern girls shovelling snow - NOPE none of that stuff here - not quite as warm as MI - but yesterday was the first day in over a month we have gone into the negatic celsius -11c and of course just when we get home from a day of hunting for new propane tanks - the furnace is blowing cold!!!

Trying to keep the house above 50F so the pipes and my own pipes don't freeze. We have a wood stove for back up and 3 space heaters - one of which is assigned to the basement to keep the water from freezing.

Sunday Serivce call coming in about an hour yippee and he has an igniter switch with him.

Just been shopping at the Vintagetrailersupply - getting ready to place the big order!!! bill already 800+. Working on the guy down the road to sell us his greenhouse hoops (heavy duty ones - about 40' long) don't need it all but they will do just fine to get the OL2661 undercover for her winter resotration. Don't mind working in the cold - but it is the snow that can get ya down - although we have none - I have a feeling we are going to have a heck of a 6 week winter!!

Just waiting on the "official" change over - cash for product - and the former MoonBeam will be on her way to a new identity. That saying when you least expect it......and after all that emotion we went through before Christmas and all the support from you guys.

No worries though we are keeping the "MoonBeam" identity just stepping back a decade to 1961 where DR MOONBEAM the prequel will take over the Kallaste adventures. Will post all the changeover details once the deal is officially taken place.

Looking forward to the summer JFMAM+3 weeks I sure hope that is enough time to get the Overlander ready - or at least somewhat ready.

...Now come on you gals don't be making my head swell - the logo was a lot of fun - and if I have a bit of time next week will look a bit more into the marketing apparel sites and maybe get something ordered.

So I take it we are sticking with the date and leaving the date on the sun logo??? Did anyone want the location of the Rally included on the logo??

As for the main "Rivettes" logo - do we want the word Rivettes in the logo somewhere? - I guess we can not have Airstream cause you know who will get their nickers in a twist - even though we drive around big fat billboards for them daily I could pop "You Tow Girl" on the bottom black banner or Rivettes - maybe I will do up a few and post them here next week sometime.

Betcha VAS is saying about now - check out already, place your order!!! But we have to be patient - can not spend money we do not have yet. In the meantime have to go out in the cold and do a few little things for the New Owner - just cause that's the kind of people we are.....Give the hitch a new coat of tremclad, touch up a few nail fill holes - put together a repair kit with extra little items specific to the GT and say my good byes.

But sometimes you just have to move on forward...

I see there is another one on the classifieds - but 6500 is a tad too high for what she does NOT have functioning in her. - no guarentees on the floor either. Would be starting much further behind than we did with MoonBeam. But it is surely tempting......

If anyone else out there really liked ours she is the same layout...but be prepared to drop about 5-6K by the time you are finished if you do it right needs all new appliances, Running gear and new floor covering in addition to the complete resotration of the cupboards and new upholstery and curtains cha ching....when we think of it from that point of view - we just say - move onto the Overlander now and be happy with the prospect of traveling again soon.

Anyone want to have a restoration party??

Everything will be alright in the end. If it is not alright now, then it is not the end.
GT1963 is offline   Reply With Quote