What is Ms. Sally's background??

Old 12-08-2006, 05:32 PM   #352
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
What is Ms. Sally's background??
Ms. Sally is a 75th Anniversary Safari Bambi, just a new pup. It appears she fell in with a bad crowd, probably some late 60s, early 70s models with a lot of scars that need to heal at one of our earlier rallies. Moonbeam seems more the flower child type, so I'm sure she'll be a good influence on the impressionable Ms. Sally.

Sally was delivered with a very bland tan and blue stripe interior and I think she's finding it hard to find herself in the world of more interesting Airstreams like Moonbeam and she's perhaps a bit rebellious at heart anyway (my influence). I'm thinking of giving her a re-do in some 50s tropical barkcloth, so she can relate more to that happy baby-boom period and maybe it wil give her a little more of a joie de vivre personality!

-J

Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 06:12 PM   #353
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile This thread is so cool

Sharon I am so glad that you could keep your Moonbeam!! Its clear from the photos and your posts that you put so much work and love into her!!

Jamie that is a great idea about personalizing Ms Sally. I was thinking the same thing about our 96. Wouldn't it be cool if HGTV had a trailer decorating thing, not with the weird nail gun stuff, but with fabrics, etc for decorating impaired folks like me

Our trailer is pretty laid back, 'Margaritaville' is her name, and you can guess what she'll be bringing to the rally

Can't wait for the solstice rally to meet everyone!

Dave has been to Yankee Springs, lots of fishing boats, ski doos, a decent beach, etc. It has some pull throughs, as Carol mentioned we'd need to get our reservations online a bit ahead if we wanted to be near each other. I can zip over and check out the others if they are open now, or later in the season depending on what rivettes would prefer.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:28 PM   #354
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Hey ya don't need much to have some fun with your trailers....there is a good thing that MoonBeam has lots of storage drawers for all the stuff I have accumulated. Should have bumped her axle up to 4500#

Seriously although the curtains do have 1000's of little stars on them if your older like me and your eyesight is going and you are in fact blind without your glasses - it looks like a very conservative Navy Blue. Then of course the Back rest cushions that replaced the back breakers that were in there (that I sill have but don't use) the fancy/flashy sides can always be toned down and turned around to all be Navy.

So on the days that Peter feels like he is in a "Worm Hole" he can turn the Sun moon and starts down a bit. OMG yes I am a trekki - but not one of those geeky treckies that run around in costume all day and no I have never been to a convention - I just loved Capt Picard & Janeway who kept the Star Trek alive after CK.

Anyway getting back to livening up your trailers. Wind chimes are cool, flags are cool, ditch the boring white message board with the magic wipe away markers and go for something more fun - every one loves magnets - and there are just so many things a magnet can stick to...and have you ever been to a dollar store and seen how many many many different magnets there are - one for every conceivable idea you can come up with.

Toss cushions, small area rugs, colour matching stools, fancy lights and other things that you can stick in the ground - but the trick is to pull them out when you want to have fun - and they stow away when you are with your more serious crowds (if any ).
Old 12-09-2006, 08:06 PM   #355
kristiana

1967 24' Tradewind
1960 Caravel
1962 16' Bambi
Gold Country & Palm Springs , California
Moonbeam stays!

Congratulations, Sharon! Yessssssss! I'm so glad to hear the good news.
Wise decision for certain.

k.
kristiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:18 PM   #356
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Thumbs up Rivets and pucks theme

Ok Sharon, I'm taking your advice, so my Stevie Yzerman action figure could team up with Rosie to give our trailer a rivets and pucks theme...hmmm

Dave already wants to put a block on HGTV as I add too many items to the honey do list after watching it.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:15 PM   #357
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Thanks K. We do feel that we have made the right decision (almost made a big mistake really) - sure the money would have been nice - but money is not everything! With the Overlander a long way off from being useable - MoonBeam will do just fine. She is settled in for the Winter so there is half the year gone for travel

Rivets and Pucks

okay I'm thinki'n a puck lamp - stack'em on an aluminum base with a seam through the base somewhere with rivets. Drill center hole up through middle of pucks - Lamp kits would work great - and then go for an aluminum shade that has holes all over - some filled with rivets others not - like those caps they use for streaking hair and pop a red light in it.

A round black medium pile area rug - puck coasters - slice a puck in half with your different NHL teams - go for the red and white colour scheme - even pick up a Detroit 'NHL' round rug they sell at home depot. Puck patio lanterns for around the bed...

Not sure on the Rosie end of things - as she was into polishing and riveting airplanes I think? - Could make some really small tinkly rivet wind chimes or a coloured glass ornament style bowl from the 60'-70's filled with rivets - Little styrofoam balls cut in half with rivets stuck in them like a pin cushion that have absolutely no use in life whatsoever

You could be the life size rosie - pick up the blue jump suit (I have to find me one too) with the red bandana and at your first solo rally pose hanging out your trailer door......

The dolls are a great idea - but not sure on the rest.....

I would like to officially re-name the Honey Do List TO THE Honey Do Now List and substitute TSN to HGTV, Sports Desk to HGTV and any other of those Men TV channels that can interfere with our viewing and idea generating time....
Old 12-09-2006, 11:14 PM   #358
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Thumbs up Good For Sharon & Peter !

CONGRATULATIONS !!
Who but Streamers would even be close to understanding the concept of parting with a vintage Airstream. One you've put untold hours of time and love into? Don't even think about the $$$ part.

(sob owner whispering -"A trailer feels like part of their family?? Just smile and nod Blanche and get the hell outta here as fast as we can.")

suz
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:13 AM   #359
2 Rivet Member

2006 19' International CCD
Dallas , Texas
OMG Finally have my DSL back up!!!!

Seriously, girls, I've been going through withdrawal not being able to read or post!!! Too busy at work to log on and no internet at the house makes for a very unhappy Nancy. So, Sharon!! Moonbeam stays!!!! Happy, happy news.

Regarding the rally in June---- I have a huge conflict, as in I'll be on a jet returning from India right smack in the middle of it.... If it is possible for me to schedule the trip for another week earlier in the month, I'll do it because I would hate to miss hanging out with you all. Regardless, S-I-L and I will have the totes ready long before that. She has been covered up with work and we have had precious little time to work on Rosie totes.

Glad the action figure has reached iconic status on this thread. I'm attaching velcro to the bottom of Rosie's little booted feet so that I can stand her up on a little stand on my Bambi dinette. I think we should all have a little Rosie and take photos of her helping hitch up, hook up, making cocktails and maybe even helping dump!! More later. Hope you are all well

Nancy
Old 12-12-2006, 04:32 PM   #360
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiancreek
Glad the action figure has reached iconic status on this thread. I'm attaching velcro to the bottom of Rosie's little booted feet so that I can stand her up on a little stand on my Bambi dinette. I think we should all have a little Rosie and take photos of her helping hitch up, hook up, making cocktails and maybe even helping dump!! More later. Hope you are all well

Nancy
I love it! Like a travel knome. We can keep updating our pictures and whereabouts. Now I will have to have one too.

Sorry about the rally conflict in June. India, WOW!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:44 PM   #361
_

. , .
hi carol

hey i like the name wheel'n...

but a new account? what's that about...have you got a case of double pms?

or just need two accounts for a balanced view?

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 06:08 PM   #362
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Nothing nearly so dramatic or interesting, unfortunately. I just thought I would go back to being displayed as I was formerly until the do not show feature for contributing members is enabled and when I see what develops in the prevailing winds. Kind of a wierd circumstance yesterday first being surprised with a different listing and then raising the ire of those that believe it is class distinction and a slight to their non-monitary contributions as we lord it over and demean them. Geez Louise. I am in cognito.

It also gives me two voices for repeating myself and hearing myself talk. The byline you should recognize, I just had to "borrow" it, and it also replaces those nasty quantatative rivets making me wholly without superficial distinction. I now blend and we are all as one in unity and harmony in the forum and in the universe. OOOMMMMMM

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 06:19 PM   #363
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel in
Geez Louise. I am in cognito.

Me Too!!!! I'm hiding out with the Rivettes - and as I just PM'ed Tinsista - we should change out our rivettes for puckettes for a while till the gold dust settles...

...but lets leave this in the other thread so we don't import politics into this really fun hair raising thread....

Nancy I think we will understand that India is just a tad more exciting than a bunch of us Rivettes trying to park our A/S's straight and level

That is a beautiful country and you must post a pick when you return. maybe you could hook up with Carol and head up for a mini Caravan - I think there might be a few others thinking about it as well. The more the merrier.

Yes we tried but could not let her go! People aren't kidding that you get attached to your Airstream new or old!
Old 12-12-2006, 07:23 PM   #364
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Sisters, all, incognito or blazenly on view. . .can't the threads become a hoot? We can just get so stirred up I agree with OMMMMMMMMMMing for a while, a short while! OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. . . . .~G

Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote