Old 12-04-2006, 07:40 PM   #337
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Women Over 30

One more lighthearted post, this from Andy Rooney about women over 30. While you may not be over 29, right? you may know someone who is.

Andy Rooney says: As I grow in age, I value women who are over 30 most of all. Here are just a few reasons why:

A woman over 30 will never wake you in the middle of the night to ask, "What are you thinking?" She doesn't care what you think.

If a woman over 30 doesn't want to watch the game,she doesn't sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And, it's usually something more interesting.

A woman over 30 knows herself well enough to be assured of who she is, what she is, what she wants and from whom. Few women past the age of 30 give a damn what you might think about her or what she's
doing.

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think
they can get away with it.

Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it's like to be unappreciated.

A woman over 30 has the self-assurance to introduce you to her women friends. A younger woman with a man will often ignore even her best friend because she doesn't trust the guy with other women. Women over 30 couldn't care less if you're attracted to her friends because she knows her friends won't betray her.

Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over 30. They always know.

A woman over 30 looks good wearing bright red lipstick. This is not true of younger women or drag queens. Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 30 is far sexier than her younger counterpart.

Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off if you are a jerk if you are acting like one. You don't ever have to wonder where you stand with her.

Yes, we praise women over 30 for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed hot woman of 30+, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some 22-year-old waitress. Ladies, I apologize.

Andy Rooney

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 12:30 AM   #338
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Moon Beam Stained Glass

Just got to my e-mail....

Yup Sharon, in my humble opinion, I believe that beautiful piece of art is most definitely your's. What a unique way to always have a little moon beam with you.

suz

2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 01:37 PM   #339
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Rivettes Summer Soltice Rally

Follow the sun to its highest and spring into summer with us on the Northern Hemisphere's longest day.

June 20-25, 2007

Hidden Ridge RV Resort
Hopkins Michigan

conveniently located between Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids.
http://www.hiddenridgerv.com/

Amenities include:
paved streets and cement pads
full hook-ups
heated pool and spa
wi-fi
cable
2 lakes

Come join us! Come sooner, stay later, come for the weekend or just for the day.

5 Rivettes currently enrolled for this rally:

*suz (eikel1we)
*Steph (tin sista)
*Carol (wheel interested)
*Vickie Mrs.(Towdaddy)
*Jamie (dougjamie)

(I will start a new rally thread)

photography
Old 12-07-2006, 01:54 AM   #340
kristiana

1967 24' Tradewind
1960 Caravel
1962 16' Bambi
Gold Country & Palm Springs , California
Hi Again Chicas,

Sharon, Moonbeam is a little sweetie. Hang in there, she'll find happy new owners and you can visit her at rallies . It's gotta be tough letting go,
of your little silver baby.

Well, I posted on the Western women's post, but there's not much action over there. Looks like I'm better off sticking on this post so I don't miss any action! (Or cool action figures )

Hope y'all are having a good week.
kristiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 07:54 PM   #341
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Hostage Situation Over

We have been tied up in the basement by MoonBeam for 6 days no food or water just a few rivets to chew, and we have been repeatedly slapped up the side of the head.

We finally were able to work our way loose and delicately negotiate with MoonBeam to let us free!.

The conditions:

NEVER NEVER EVER EVER THINK OF SELLING GT6921 EVER EVER AGAIN!!!!

PS we think MOONBEAM is a cousin of CHUCKY!!!!

Thank God she did not find the Rivet Gun......

WE'RE BACK!
Old 12-07-2006, 08:22 PM   #342
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks Heavens there were no severe injuries and the situation did not esculate!

Have you any plans to release your story in book form in the near future? Because I would not one to miss anything you write. You are just too funny.

Congratulations on your decision of heart. Can you hear us all cheering?

photography
Old 12-08-2006, 09:47 AM   #343
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
.......Have you any plans to release your story in book form in the near future?
Well we discussed that in great detail with MOONBEAM after emotions settled a bit. She is talking about a tour and wants us to get her ready for the onslaught of book signing engagements.

Quote:
Congratulations on your decision of heart. Can you hear us all cheering?
And to think there are people that can say with a clear conscience "it's just a trailer"......NO! MOONBEAM put that vulcum away I was just telling the girls on the forum that OTHER people don't care - not that we don't care.....

However back to the thread at hand -looks like I have a fully functional trailer again at my disposal - so count me in - The Canoe/Kayak idea sounds great. I can load up the good old tripping canoe - "she don't tip" Ask Annie - that's how we got Marvin hooked on canoeing.....I like to think it was me selling him the goods - but it was the style of canoe - wide beam and very stable. Peter and I have never been able to tip the canoe - we go in first - that is how stable it is.

She was our first Anniversary Present - so that canoe officially turns vintage in 2008. She has a few patches but no leaks - the saying "she ain't pretty" comes to mind.....NO MOONBEAM now come on put that pooper hose back! I was talking about the Canoe.

However, I still have a problem with age and length on that one campsite - but I know I could sneak by a little quicker.......OK OK OK WHAT KIND OF CHRISTMAS COOKIES WOULD YOU LIKE MOONBEAM -my little silver sweetie pie....
Old 12-08-2006, 10:47 AM   #344
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
However back to the thread at hand -looks like I have a fully functional trailer again at my disposal - so count me in - The Canoe/Kayak idea sounds great. I can load up the good old tripping canoe - "she don't tip" Ask Annie - that's how we got Marvin hooked on canoeing.....I like to think it was me selling him the goods - but it was the style of canoe - wide beam and very stable. Peter and I have never been able to tip the canoe - we go in first - that is how stable it is.

However, I still have a problem with age and length on that one campsite - but I know I could sneak by a little quicker.......OK OK OK WHAT KIND OF CHRISTMAS COOKIES WOULD YOU LIKE MOONBEAM -my little silver sweetie pie....
Sharon you rock girl! We are going to have ourselves one honey of an event!

Call to all Rivettes across the miles. We hope you will join us in June, plenty of time to arrange your schedules.

Nancy care to follow Sharon and Jamie back East after the Summer Soltice rally?

New Kid, you are a hop, skip and a jump away. We hope you will be joining us too.

Mark your calendars ladies. Get your Rosie shirts. Nancy will your sister-in-law have those tote bags ready for purchase? I can't wait to see one.

photography
Old 12-08-2006, 10:58 AM   #345
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:

Nancy care to follow Sharon and Jamie back East after the Summer Soltice rally?

New Kid, you are a hop, skip and a jump away. We hope you will be joining us too.

Mark your calendars ladies. Get your Rosie shirts. Nancy will your sis.......
Oh Yes Yes more than welcome!!! can either come on up to my place - PRETTY place - can fill your tank with beautiful fresh water and can run some 15amp power (also known as Rally Power)

The 30amp plug outside is still on the "Honeydo" list...but right about now I don't think I will push that point (or button ).

Anyone a little apprehensive of coming in the Driveway - no problem - I'll take her from the road .....while you take a deep breath and close your eyes and gulp the wine....it really is not that bad - and we always do a fresh cut back of branches in the spring.

I will say once you mastered our driveway - you are set for anything - it is just like backing in to a camping spot but with a few turns added.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:59 AM   #346
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
We Can Tow It Pow-Wow

Next weekend we will be having our first We Can Tow It Pow-Wow! Want to get together and try to map out some plans on getting regional Doe tows
together? Michelle (TheCatsandI) will be coming all the way to Michigan to host this pow-wow.

Can't make it this time but have some ideas, let us know.

photography
Old 12-08-2006, 11:00 AM   #347
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Oh mannnn did the either forgot the OR

OR I Can look into some RV camping around here....not sure of any because we have never needed to camp around here. I know I can get a fair ground....no parking issues there -
Old 12-08-2006, 11:06 AM   #348
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Not to worry, Sharon. We're gonna find a place that has a non-discrimination policy. Moonbeam can lead us all into the campground, with Airstream pride!

Carol -- the State Reservation in that area looks like a good one for us. What do other people folks think of this one: Yankee Springs Recreation Area

-Jamie
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 04:50 PM   #349
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjamie
Not to worry, Sharon. We're gonna find a place that has a non-discrimination policy. Moonbeam can lead us all into the campground, with Airstream pride!
What do other people folks think of this one: Yankee Springs Recreation Area

-Jamie
Metal Detecting Areas
Metal detecting is recognized as a legitimate recreation activity when it is conducted in ways that do not damage...anything silver on wheels or closely resembles an Airstream Trailer.

STEP AWAY FROM THE TRAILER!

Ms. Sally & MoonBeam put those propane tanks down now.....
Old 12-08-2006, 05:01 PM   #350
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
Ms. Sally & MoonBeam put those propane tanks down now.....
Aw geez, MoonBeam, your mom's really mean. She won't even let us play with explosives.

Anyone got a match? I need to light the, uh, stove. Yeah, that's it, the stove. - Ms. Sally

Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote