Old 11-30-2006, 06:17 PM   #323
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Sharon, if I told you the ad almost made me cry, that wouldn't help you at all, but it did. Moonbeam looks just fine I'm sure many on the forum, like me, remember your steps along the way, and especially your excitement over the moon and stars fabric and. . .I just wish it were a time Max and I could add a "little" one too. Best wishes with the sale. You'll feel tugs when it goes, but you are so right to want Moonbeam to be enjoyed and used. Hugs, if it helps~G

Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:22 PM   #324
2 Rivet Member

2006 19' International CCD
Dallas , Texas
Sharon et al,

Here's the website to get your own Rosie the Rivetter action figure!!! They're the same people who bring you the Jesus Action figure and the Sigmund Freud action figure! www. mcphee.com looks they have alot of junk, so just scroll down to Action Figures---- they're in Alphabetical order......something for everyone........

Sharon, my heart is aching for you. Hope you find a loving home for the Globetrotter. I know this must be hard for you.

Old 11-30-2006, 06:55 PM   #325
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Aw, Sharon, now why'd ya have ta go and make me cry. Moonbeam is so beautiful. You probably don't want to hear it, but you'll have no trouble selling her. If you put that ad on Airstream.net, she'll probably have a new owner by the weekend.

So, Nancy, is it my eyes? I don't see the website address.

-Jamie
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:57 PM   #326
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
Sharon ... are you SURE? It's kind of like it's our trailer too. We've been with you every step of the way ...
Old 11-30-2006, 07:11 PM   #327
2 Rivet Member

2006 19' International CCD
Dallas , Texas
jamie---

www.mcphee.com
Old 11-30-2006, 07:15 PM   #328
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Incredible. I can't believe what people create! Guess we all oughta have one! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 07:18 PM   #329
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxandgeorgia
Incredible. I can't believe what people create! Guess we all oughta have one! ~G
It's wild, isn't it? But now that I've seen it, I can think of so many people I could buy that for.

-Jamie
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:03 AM   #330
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Feel your pain but glad you have another

Sharon,
Try to keep in mind - the new owners will really want her, love her, be proud of her and take care of her in the same loving way you have. Buyers seek out these vintage victors of time and Moon Beam will most certainly go to a good home. (I feel your pain - had to part w/a Corvette prior to daughter #2's arrival. Of course it was worth it ..... but I still cried for a week. )

Glad you have another in the wings!

suz
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 07:24 AM   #331
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerkid
Sharon ... are you SURE? It's kind of like it's our trailer too. We've been with you every step of the way ...

May 5th 2004 will always be a special date for us. It will remind us of how KIND and THOUGHTFULL people on this forum really are.

That was the day your gift arrived.

In our ad I say "most of MoonBeams accents" will be included. This is one that I was going to hold back.

Now I need your help....you see out of all the pieces that I collected in 3 years yours was the one that made the interior smile.

With these vintage units lots of things break - either miraculously or just out of use and their day has come. Your Stain Glass piece has bounced around 1000's of miles (until of course when MoonBeams new walking gear was replaced) Guess I better watch what I say now eh!.

Anyway I will be torn - if the next PB (Potential Buyer) falls in love with the interior the way it is - then the sparkling glass really should go with the package. (And I will be torn to let it go!)

But if someone falls in love with the trailer and the fact that all the hard stuff has been done - and the soft goods have to go - then I would love to keep the smiling glass for a momento of our First Airstream.

Oh what to do - personally I think it is not for sale and I should keep it - what do you think - did you give it to me or MoonBeam..... do you see my dilema?

The interior is a lot of fun - but still very optional - as you can either go with the flashy stars moon and sun - or the straight Navy with a few small accents - in otherwords I made it "reversable" tee hee.

But you will be pleased to know that the smilling glass has always been in our window whether it be front or back (depending on the sunrise location), so yes summerkid your have been with us every step of the way.....and again thank you very much for those special moments.....oh shyte I don't tear up very often........geees Tin Hut will see my inner self now......
Old 12-01-2006, 07:45 AM   #332
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
....sorry girls had a moment....tee hee

Thanks Georgia, Nancy Jamie and Suz for your kind words.

I think if I had had kids I would have been a basket case sending them off to school or college - how do you do it....

We are good with this decision - we new we had to - it is just taken us a long time to come to terms with it.

We have our 2nd who will be just as important and we look forward very much in spending time fixing her up - so we can finally be down to one on our driveway. We are looking a little like an RV park in here - and with the Excella more like the Clampits back yard.

We have a house to finish from Lock up in the spring - so it will be hard to find any time to do anything. Somehow I don't think my parents would appreciate hangin in the Overlander in its present state

Thanks again girls I knew you would understand...
Old 12-01-2006, 11:48 PM   #333
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Okay, I'm not privy to the stained glass thing but it sure sounds like a momento not to be parted with but rather put in the Overlander, a sparkling reminder of Moon Beam and the good times she shared with you. No dilema here, it's yours to keep. I say stick it ....... in your kitchen window, now, 'til you're ready to roll again!!! = )

Group hug,

suz
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:47 AM   #334
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by eikel1we
Okay, I'm not privy to the stained glass thing but it sure sounds like a momento not to be parted with...suz
Well let me just remedy this.

A Tribute to MoonBeam and a Toast to Times Gone By
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_9832.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	29249  
Old 12-04-2006, 07:29 PM   #335
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
If Women Ruled The World

Hey Rivettes. How is everyone doing this busy time of the year in between snowflakes, rallies and celebrations? Came across this and thought I would share a smile or two with you.

Have you ever thought how things might be different if women ruled the world?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Woman Mouse.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	29416   Click image for larger version

Name:	Women Bowling.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	29417  

Name:	Women DIY.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	29419   Click image for larger version

Name:	Women Microsoft Help.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	29421  

Name:	Women Toilet Seat.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	29423   Click image for larger version

Name:	Woman Car Sales.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	29424  

Attached Images

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:34 PM   #336
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Sharon, Moonbeam is gorgeous! You really made it special. I think you will have no trouble selling it and glad to know you have other Airstreams to help you through the transition of letting someone else love her.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote