Old 11-29-2006, 09:21 PM   #309
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
quote: These ideas are to die for! ~G

Hey ~G ,

We have wine country here in the mitt too! Yup, and in one of the neighborhoods you mentioned - Traverse City/Leelanau area.

Keep your eyes on the watch....your eyes are getting sleepy ~G.....very sleepy....I think you'd like the trip ~G. You should think about it ~G. We want you to come ~G. We're glad you're coming ~G Good girl!

All we need a date and a place to park and I think we'll have that before the end of Dec. RIGHT GIRLS ? ? ? Yes, I believe WE CAN DO IT!

suz

2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:35 PM   #310
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi
I think we need some demographics. Zip codes from those interested Please! that way we see who is where and pick a good location for each region of the US.

Hey Baby don't forget our postal codes and country north of the border we can tow with the best of them - in fact we tow during the winter - with nerves of steel and our 4x4's We shower with ice pellets and drill straw holes into ice blocks for cocktail hour. We pile a minimum of 25 Cannucks in any trailer 21'or smaller and 50 in the bigger ones to keep warm and share ice blocks.

Seriously - K0L2H0 Region - Northeast - specifically classed as Eastern Ontario and I am interested in hooking up this summer and all those up for a nice trip into the Kawarthas - you are most welcome to hang out....

Old 11-29-2006, 11:08 PM   #311
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by eikel1we
Hi summerkid!
Since you're close to MI would it possible for you to hitch up too? You have some time to get one of your babies ready to rally!! = )

suz
Oh yeah, I can be there.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:15 PM   #312
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Yea! I'm not saying more I don't want to jinx anything. Just lurking watching the door keys nearby.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 08:43 AM   #313
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
[quote=GT6921]Hey Baby don't forget our postal codes and country north of the border we can tow with the best of them - in fact we tow during the winter - with nerves of steel and our 4x4's We shower with ice pellets and drill straw holes into ice blocks for cocktail hour. We pile a minimum of 25 Cannucks in any trailer 21'or smaller and 50 in the bigger ones to keep warm and share ice blocks.[/quote]

You're a riot!! I can't wait to sit down with you someday and have some laughs. You bring the ice, I'll bring the cocktails.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 08:46 AM   #314
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
I learned everything I know from our friendly holiday at Paradise Park with some really crazy "Massholes"

Oh PS - I have the ice packed already in my suitcase! Hmmm is it okay if I wrap them in brown glass?
Old 11-30-2006, 08:55 AM   #315
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
I learned everything I know from our friendly holiday at Paradise Park with some really crazy "Massholes"
I see some of our naughty northerly neighbors in New Hampshire have taught you some local lingo. I'll let you get away with that, but only because you tow silver (and ice).

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 09:21 AM   #316
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
She tows silver and packing--don't mess with the sistas!

NH lingo translation please.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 10:05 AM   #317
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Tee hee hee - we black out our teeth drink beer from the bottle and wear toques eh! ...And when us "C" sistas are tired of our men we sub in the local beaver - from the pond of course to keep 'em warm while we are doing the towing thin' solo.....
Old 11-30-2006, 10:32 AM   #318
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Sure wish I was a little closer to Canada...sounds like a really fun group.
(I'll practice my lingo)

Maybe we can get that international rally going!
Laurel
Old 11-30-2006, 11:13 AM   #319
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamCamper
Sure wish I was a little closer to Canada...sounds like a really fun group.
(I'll practice my lingo)

Maybe we can get that international rally going!
Laurel
Have you been on the same thread??? Okay girl does two people constitute a "group"?

Now if Diane and I stretch it we could have a little girls Rally somewhere in Eastern Canada and this is what it would look like

Lady Penelope, Overlander 1972
Lady Ginger, Overlander 1975
MoonBeam, Globe Trotter 1969
S.S. Lighthouse, Overlander 1961
Ella the doner organ, Excella 1000 1999

Now can you imagine the hook up and drop off logistics - Diane and I buzzing back and forth with all these rigs. Now Ella of course would have to be rigged up with new tail lights - cause not sure if any of you followed our progress - she now looks like one of them Gypsy Wagons in the back - hmmmm I wonder where the idea for that article in the last issue of Airstream Life was born???

Or Laurel we could just include for each of Diane and I (Me Myself and I) X 2 would make six - that would be a group.

So far I have only seen 2 Canadians jump into this thread - unless of course I have missed someone - which is not unlikely at all
Old 11-30-2006, 11:20 AM   #320
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hey you west coats gals - when you do your think can we hook up by live satelite????

Is it nice and warm - or just rainy out there.

It is a balmy 14c here and raining - this time last year it was cold and we had 1.5 feet of snow - but not complaining!
Old 11-30-2006, 05:31 PM   #321
2 Rivet Member

2006 19' International CCD
Dallas , Texas
Well, girls, we're digging out from all the snow and ice down here in Dallas!! Now seriously. Yesterday it was 80 degrees here (no kidding!!) and today we had sleet and snow! It's 28 degrees now. The entire city just freaks out. I can't imagine being up "yonder" with all the wintry precipitation you Canadians and other northerners get. I will see you in the summer when it's 110 down here.

A friend of mine just brought me a gift she found while she was home for Thanksgiving; it's a Rosie the Rivetter Action figure!!!!!! Really!!
She's fabulous! Now all I need is a scale model of an AS. I will post a photo of her ASAP, but right now I'm drinking a big glass of Cabernet and warming my backside by the fireplace while my homemade chicken tortilla soup is simmering on the stove. I'm dreaming of rallies up north with you cowgirls and swapping stories by the campfire.

Nancy
Old 11-30-2006, 05:54 PM   #322
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Wow Nancy - I feel for you - more for the temp drop that is a killer

Oh now you have made me real jealous - where can we all get a Rosie Rivet???

Okay girls - need some lovin here - we have finally done it - made up our minds to let her go - We are selling the Globetrotter - spent all day making her a great send off AD - see what you think. File size makes it difficult but I have a larger file if anyone is interested.

Working on getting an ad into the forums classifieds too.

Just in time for Christmas - as mentioned earlier - we tow in anything and would consider delivering it - especially if it were to warm climates!!!

Now we must move our thoughts onto the Lonely Overlander
(S.S. Lighthouse) This is going to be our serious traveller - We can take our time because we put all new running gear on her already - so we can travel as a Tin Tent if we have to....

It is sad in a way - but we would rather see her being used - and right now with Peter's Job change that is not happening. I could not convince him to keep her just for me to Rally with you ladies! Good think I feel comfortable towing the Overlander too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GT ADFinal.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	259.2 KB
ID:	29190