Old 11-28-2006, 11:02 AM   #295
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Steph, why don't you take a whack at a date for consideration? I talked to Vickie today and she says great idea. With her commitments she suggests we steer clear of holidays and the week around Memorial day. Neither of us are adverse to staying somewhere in Michigan. Hartwood Pines is it? Is a place that I have heard is nice but never have been to. River Ridge is a very nice RV resort near Grand Rapids on a river with a swimming pool, boat rentals and all the usual amenities and Vickie has a permanent site there and we could get sites across the road from hers. These are just suggestions. We are up to whatever the four of us can work out. There's the Airstream Park in PA sounds nice. You and Suz and Vickie know more places than I know of. But I would love to do it.

The Tin Can Tourists 10th annual rally in Milford, MI is May 17-20 and I am considering going again this year.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:51 PM   #296
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Well May is hard, with all the fun rallies. Then in June there's the midwest rally. So here's my suggestion to get the rivette rolling... July.

Not the weekend of the 4th of course, but 13, 20, or 27? That would give us enough time to get reservations if we decide to go to Hartwick Pines--the plants shut down then so there's potentially competition for sites but its not a lake park and we can get our reservations online(6 mo window). Anyplace sounds good to me for Michigan Rivette get together. Most of my summer is open as Dave is stuck at work with a big construction project--no 2 weeks off for him until next fall.

Old 11-28-2006, 01:17 PM   #297
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Cool! Those dates in July are fine with me. Brad usually avoids summer travel so I am available. Sounds like Hartwick might be crowded and of no particular feature to see? Let's throw out some other destinations for choice sake. Someone have any places they have been meaning to try out or are really excited about? We can pop links up.

photography
Old 11-28-2006, 05:04 PM   #298
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
The area of Michigan farther north around Traverse Bay and the Great Sand Dunes seems chock full of things to do. Just a suggestion though it may be too far north for the general interest. ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:16 PM   #299
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
That's a good idea Georgia. I would like to see the area. How about here?
http://www.lakeleelanaurvpark.com/index1.html I better look on the map to see if that is the same area.
River Ridge link
http://www.michigan.org/travel/detail.asp?m=6;1&p=B4422
hartwick pines
http://www.michigandnr.com/parksandt...fo.aspx?id=453
pennwood airstream park, PA
http://www.pennwood.org/

photography
Old 11-28-2006, 06:23 PM   #300
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
This is a really great thread but it is getting soooo long. Maybe we should start a few new threads by region to get some area rallies or get togethers going. It might be a little easier to find out what's going on in your area withour having to wade through all the posts. (And of course you can read the other threads to keep up with eveyone)

And hopefully we can have at least one national rally too.

I'll start a Western Region thread to begin talking about possible times and places for rallies. Anyone who is anywhere near the west, please join in!
Laurel
BamCamper
Old 11-28-2006, 09:10 PM   #301
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjamie
I was just visiting the website for the Virginia Highlands Airstream Park today wonderin' if that might be a good eastern rally location. Looks like a beautiful spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again
There is a big lake less than 40 miles east, and the area has lots of trout streams, especially the New River. There are also several wineries within an hour's drive.

I stayed there with my sister for a week. We spent much time seeing the local sights, but if I were by myself I might have just lolled around the campground. It is pristine - even magical. Several mature apple trees grow in the meadow, and you're welcome to pick anything the deer can't reach.

Paula
Maybe Paula and Jamie would join us if we had the rally here. That did seem nice.

Our Western sisters yes carry on the woman's rallies! Wish we could all be there with you. You Tow Girls!!!!!!!!!

photography
Old 11-28-2006, 09:23 PM   #302
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
You West Coast girls got us beat, we've been hearing that since the Beach Boys days! Wish we could all get to your rally. You Tow Girls!!!!!!! We'll be cheering for you.

photography
Old 11-28-2006, 09:46 PM   #303
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
I think we need some demographics. Zip codes from those interested Please! that way we see who is where and pick a good location for each region of the US.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:47 AM   #304
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Michigan might work for me depending on the timing. There's a workshop I want to go to in MI and the dates were just announced (June 22-24) so if there's some way I could work around that it would be great! Other plans for the summer include a trip west with the family and it's possible I could tie into a women's rally from that trip somehow. We'll probably be doing that trip in July.

You Cali girls got it all -- Airstreams and sunshine! I'm so jealous. One of these years I'm gonna pack up and join ya'll. For that year I suggest we do the Rivettes Wine-ing Women tour through the Napa Valley.

-Jamie

p.s. Kristiana -- finally checked out your webpage. Amazing stuff!! Just gorgeous!! I'm pointing Mr. dougjamie in that direction for gift-giving time.
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 06:14 PM   #305
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjamie
Michigan might work for me depending on the timing. There's a workshop I want to go to in MI and the dates were just announced (June 22-24) so if there's some way I could work around that it would be great! Other plans for the summer include a trip west with the family and it's possible I could tie into a women's rally from that trip somehow. We'll probably be doing that trip in July.
Hey Jamie,
It would be so great if we could all meet up. Guess we need a consensus on dates, etc.
If you have free time as you come/go through Michigan give me a holla I'll pm you the phone/etc.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:25 PM   #306
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
I'd prune away, Janet ... Have you really towed if there are no branches coming through the window?
Old 11-29-2006, 07:20 PM   #307
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
. . .For that year I suggest we do the Rivettes Wine-ing Women tour through the Napa Valley. . .
Oh, Jamie, this is killing me! These ideas are to die for ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:53 PM   #308
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Hi summerkid!
Since you're close to MI would it possible for you to hitch up too? You have some time to get one of your babies ready to rally!! = )

suz

2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote