Old 10-26-2006, 09:54 AM   #225
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
I can't get enough of the ideas swirling around this thread! Maine is a LONG way from MO, but if you Rivettes can consider getting to Branson, I'll have to think hard about trailering to the northeast corner of America. I have read lots about flyfishing and have wet my line in MO state trout fishing parks and in some of the great Rockies' rivers, but I've never had a mentor to teach me finesse. (Finesse or not, I've gotten a few in my net!) My favorite fishing so far is a small tributary stream that flows into the Salmon River near Stanley, ID. So. . .really interested in a flyfishing rally. Also, remember that we have a great flyfishing forum member in PA. Maybe he could be persuaded or give us some tips. . .hm! ~G

Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:25 AM   #226
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Sure glad you guys mentioned "tying flies" I don't do well with worms so live flies were getting me a little worried and was having second thoughts about my above post.... I was thinking of breaking out the chop sticks...Gees look at that-first real cold day we have had and I feel like the cabin feaver is setting in already - or I could have had a bit too much wine......nope too early for that so must be anticipated CF.

Now that will give me something to look forward to and read all winter. Be and expert in principal until of course I pick up a rod for the first time

This is so great that there are so many invites all over

Old 10-26-2006, 10:31 AM   #227
Still wears a thong

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiancreek
. Mr. Tin Hut wrote me last week and invited me to join in on a rally this weekend which I was unable to attend! .

Nancy
Nancy, thanks for the heads up about Mr. Hut inviting you to a rally last weekend. I commend you for not taking the bait. I'll be pulling his chin whiskers, or better yet his ear whiskers for that one. Ever since he saw this Lady's only rally pop up he's been real secretive...tellin me that he may have to make some weekend runs to check out hunting or fishin spots. There wasn't no rally last weekend. Obviously Mr. Hut is treatin this thread like a "My Space" site and is preyin on unsuspecting female Airstreamers. He don't post on the forums much anymore so he must be PMing some of you ladies. If I notice him washing up and shaving then I'll put out an alert that he's on the prowl and all of my sisters here can PM me if you need to check stories that he may be tellin any of ya.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:15 PM   #228
2 Rivet Member

2006 19' International CCD
Dallas , Texas
Mrs. Tin Hut,

Thanks for the reply, cowgirl. I've been wondering if the Mister had you tied up out in the trailer so he could post on the forums without his chin whiskers gettin' yanked on. I figured that rally business was a ploy to get us fragile little women to show up at some fake rally! Woman, are you gonna be able to leave him behind to go on this trip? There's only a few of us Texas gals and we need to make a bigger showing.

Later, ladies, got to go show my house guests my trailer.....more later.

Nancy
Old 10-26-2006, 11:40 PM   #229
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Rivet An eclectic, but heart felt, collection of jabber

Geez-o-pete! I go away for 2 days and have 26 posts to wade through!! This is a good thing.

Georgia and Max, HAPPY 43RD ANNIVERSARY this weekend !!! (36th for us end of Nov.) I'm so glad I'm not the only one with "guilty pleasure" syndrom. I'm working on that BTW.
Oh, and I towed Cupcake, only about 15 mi., to the camper center for winterizing on our way to our former city. I came out of the house and Ike's sitting in the passenger seat.

I may take pictures of hitching/unhitching with step-by-step instructions, add other instructional cues as necessary for other things and make my own "manual". (since I often forget just about everything, this could really come in handy)

Carol and sister Rivettes, thanks for the encouragement and positive thoughts. Very much appreciated.

suz
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:33 AM   #230
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Looks like there are quite a few interested in a flycasting rally already and a volunteer and a recruit for teaching and tips. And several for a stay in Branson Missouri. And the year has not even yet begun. I can't wait to see what else develops for 2007.

Mrs. Tin Hut thanks for the alert.

Suz the manual sounds like an excellent idea and congrats on your towing trip. Sounds like Ike is being very supportive.

Nancy you Texas gals have always seemed quite showy. (just teasing, of course) I do think it's a great idea to team up with your neighbor.

Sharon, Sisters on the Fly is terrific! I think there are even outdoors women's workshops up North. We have some in Michigan.

Yuki don't let Jamie tease you, we all knew what you meant. LOL Glad to see you and Michelle interested in a woman's rally. I know you can make it happen.

Slowolf, now that's a group that sounds like I could fit right in with.

I was thinking if we are finding ourselves in front of our computers more than a little for a while we do a Rivette-ing photo contest. This would be open to all women. I will offer a prize to the winner either a t-shirt or tote bag. This is not a contest to select the best photograph of an Airstream, it is actually an opportunity to present your Rivette spirit, anything from a simple snap of you standing in or in front (or under or on top) of your Airstream to the creative. Some part of you has to be in the frame. Pictures can also be submitted for exhibition only and not to qualify for judging. You may change your picture up until the contest ends but you may only have one picture up at a time in the judging. So basically I am saying I want everyone to post a picture and for your trouble someone, will get something, sometime, really. The best way to have picture edit features to change your photo is to place in a forum gallery so I started a gallery named Rivette-ing Contest with a starter photo. Just go to photos at the top and click upload, and then browse to your (resized) picture on your computer and select the Rivette-ing contest for the gallery in the drop down menu. PM me if you have any questions.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:42 AM   #231
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
...I was thinking if we are finding ourselves in front of our computers more than a little for a while we do a Rivette-ing photo contest...
Sounds like fun! What is the deadline?

P.S.
Can you post a direct link to the "Rivette-ing" photo gallery.

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:56 AM   #232
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Here's a link. I don't know if it's correct. Perhaps you could try it for me and also see if you can upload to the gallery.

How long do you think? How about before December 1st? But I am hoping we will at least get initial "placeholders" from all asap.

http://www.airforums.com/photo...ges.php?c=3223

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:57 AM   #233
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Here's a link. I don't know if it's correct. Perhaps you could try it for me and also see if you can upload to the gallery.
It works...I checked the category and it says it is the "Rivette-ing Gallery".

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 09:00 AM   #234
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eikel1we
Oh, and I towed Cupcake, only about 15 mi., to the camper center for winterizing on our way to our former city. I came out of the house and Ike's sitting in the passenger seat.

suz
Good work, Suz. That's a step, (tow?) in the right direction. I've got a little practice in towing to the RV service center myself. I was a little nervous when I picked up after the last visit and they handed me my keys and said "She's sitting right out front. Let us know if you need any help hitching up." So I went out and hitched her up. Took about 10 minutes (not bad for the first time by myself, I think). Then one of the service guys who was outside offered to help check my lights, and I was off!

Carol -- very nice idea on the rivette-ing galary. I'll start working on my entry(ies)! -J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 09:31 AM   #235
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
. . .Sharon, Sisters on the Fly is terrific! I think there are even outdoors women's workshops up North. We have some in Michigan. . .

Hmmm, I wonder if our Rivettes could join with one of these workshops? I guess that is jumping the gun since we have only talked about rallying so far, but the combo might be a good way to build fly-fishing into our fun. Are these "Sisters on the Fly workshops or something separate? I think I'd go in a heartbeat. Now, do I climb on top of, crawl under, or squirm somewhere inside to get a winning photo of Gypsy and me for the contest??????? Probably not under OR on top of since we are finally getting our first good rain since last spring! Grey skies are beautiful ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 11:33 AM   #236
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Georgia - RAIN oh my. We are glad to see the back end of the rain up here. It has litterally rained for 2 weeks solid -forcing me to do the winter garden shut down in a major frenzy. It is 32F but sunny just great for yard work.

I have too many gardens that got over run this summer - as we also had a wet and dry summer that makes perfect weed growing. Especially in a forest with so many criters transporting the weed seeds.

I saw an article on Sisters on the Fly in an RVing magazine (can not remember which one) a couple of years ago. Just googled them and they now have a web site - now they are even more my idles....

Maybe us Rosie AS's could be an affiliate group. When I saw their murals on their trailers I just about went out and bought a Scotty on the spot. I see them everywhere up here - just sitting around doing nothing. they are so cute - just like a Bambi. The wood interiors in some of them are just to die for. But like I said - I am not painting my Airstream if you paid me a million bucks. - okay for a million I would

Maybe in the far future we could have a SOB Meets AS Rally.

I just thought it is almost SEVEN months to May - how on earth are we northerners going to get through this.....
Old 10-27-2006, 11:58 AM   #237
2 Rivet Member

Dallas , Texas
Sue, are you ever right!? I've been away for a couple of days and I can't believe the reading I've been catching up on! Welcome, you new rivettes; glad you're on board. Georgia, Happy 43rd to you and the Mister. Vickie, glad to hear you got some Texas history. That qualifies you for true character status. Now, that Mrs. Tin Hut is also a true character, isn't she? How 'bout Mr. Tin Hut fishing for gals? And speaking of fishing, I have my flyfishing gear out of the storage closet and ready to go. I can just smell the trout frying in one of Mrs. Tin Hut's "special" frying pans. (See pg. 80 of the Summer 06 Airstream Life) Do you other fisherwomen catch and release or do you actually eat some of those delicious critters?

Carol, glad you're going to try to join me and Vickie and her daughter in Missouri. I am definitely going to keep heading toward the northeast, and Jamie, Virginia seems like a great place to visit for a few days before heading up to New England for a rendezvous with some of the Massachusetts Rivettes. This is too exciting; I can't believe we have to wait out the winter!

Well, ladies, ya'll have a great weekend. I'm heading out with the Bambi to the beautiful North Texas Hill Country to the ranch. There's a chill in the air which makes being there tolerable without having to run the AC. I'm getting all my photos together to post soon. There's a surprise photo which I hope will turn out okay; this "thing" is part of the inspiration for my Forums signature. It is truly an awesome sight!

Happy Halloween, one and all,

Nancy
Old 10-27-2006, 12:08 PM   #238
2 Rivet Member

Dallas , Texas
check out Carol's photo gallery

BTW, Carol, your photos are awe inspiring. I am impressed beyond words!
Nuff said.

Nancy