Old 10-25-2006, 10:59 PM   #211
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Did someone say fly fishing? I love fly fishing! I was tempted in Yellowstone. It was quite cold. There were a few sturdy souls standing in the water! I hope they had long johns on.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:17 PM   #212
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjamie
Thanks for the invite. It's not that I don't have plenty to do in May, I'm just trying to find a way to hook up with some of the great women on the forum, and gain some quality time with the Bambi whilst I learn the ropes of towing it myself and hear and learn from the experiences of others who're already doing it! I haven't ruled out doing other local events if I can work them in too, especially that spring maintenance rally.

So, Yuki, are you up for a women's rally in May? How 'bout Myboyburt? A caravan maybe?

-Jamie
I would love to try. I have *never* towed our Airstream on a public road or highway. I have "people" for that (meaning Leon). I need to work on hitching up the camper to the truck (c**p, we own a Hensley), towing and backing up into campsites.

I remember the very first time I saw Yuki (had not met). It was at the 2004 Region 1 Rally. Being very generous souls she and her husband had towed both their vintage and newer Airstreams to the rally so that a long time, retired from trailering NEU couple could attend by staying in their 2002 Bambi. Her hubby had gotten there first and was taking us around, introducing us to NEU members. He said to us "oh, Nancy is arriving" and then I see Yuki coming in: BIG, extended cab truck pulling a 19' camper. The parking crew were on bikes leading the way with kids all over the campground roads and rigs packed in tight. She got to her assigned space and backed that rig up, into the slot and hit the "marker" for hitch placement in one try.

Some day I will do the same. Thanks for the inspiration Yuki.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:22 PM   #213
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Wow Yuki, RI is another perfect stop for an East Coast Tour. I certainly am wishing and hoping for that to happen. Thanks for the invitation. Just for clarification will the maintanence rally be open to non WBCCI members as well?
The maintenance rally is open to anyone who comes with an Airstream. The rally field (with w/e hookups) holds between 40 - 50 rigs so there is plenty of room for everyone. Michelle and I will keep everyone posted once we iron out all the details but I can share a few details in advance.

We are planning a Saturday night auction of items rally attendees would like to donate. Over59 has graciously agreed to be the auctioneer so it should be a blast. We plan on donating the auction proceeds to a local RI charity. There will also be a flamingo decorating event where everyone decorates their flamingos. First prize will be a copy of Don Featherstone's "The Original Pink Flamingos" book. And don't worry if you don't have any flamingos to decorate because each rig that attends the rally will receive a set of signed Don Featherstone flamingos! There's plenty of time to start planning how you will decorate your flamingos!

Naked flamingos will be frowned upon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	flamingo flock.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	27495  

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:23 PM   #214
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
We have a local all women trailer camping group called "B*tches with Hitches". All are women who tow trailers...truly independent women with a funny name!
Old 10-25-2006, 11:31 PM   #215
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
How would I get in touch with that group?

They sound like they might be fun and I'm local!

Thanks,
Laurel
Old 10-25-2006, 11:33 PM   #216
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukionna
Naked flamingos will be frowned upon.
My flamingos will not be naked, just nearly naked. I'm going to add bow-ties to each one and call them the Chippendale Dancers...... Truly a woman's rally decoration.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:25 AM   #217
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Lurking? No need to to lurk, just come on in. We're all friends here. Welcome aboard Yuki & Myboyburt!

Quote:
...but I am watching to see what's cooking.
Cooking? Yeah, we probably can to do that too, but towing is the name of the game here.

Quote:
P.S.
I also want to learn fly-fishing and went as far as purchasing all the gear this year but never had the opportunity to try it.
Oh, be still my beating heart! Another gal who wants to learn to fly-fish, and right here in my neighborhood! Maybe we can find a place in Maine for a lady's fly-fishing weekend. I hear it's a good place for it. Anyone else up for fly-fishing in Maine sometime?
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:33 AM   #218
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by myboyburt
I would love to try. I have *never* towed our Airstream on a public road or highway. I have "people" for that (meaning Leon). I need to work on hitching up the camper to the truck (c**p, we own a Hensley), towing and backing up into campsites.

Some day I will do the same. Thanks for the inspiration Yuki.
I should probably fess up that it was actually Leon who helped make my first solo trip a success by backing my Bambi into my rally site next to a big tree at Aluminations. And he was kind of enough to tell me "Hey, it was nothin' you couldn't have done yourself. I was just bein' a neighbor." Just the right words for a gal who's tryin'. Thanks, Leon! Next time I'll give it a go myself. gulp!
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 10-26-2006, 06:11 AM   #219
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjamie
Cooking? Yeah, we probably can to do that too, but towing is the name of the game here.
Oh, I wasn't talking about "cooking" in the true definition of the word (In hindsight, I should have put that word in quotes). What I meant with that statement was I was just waiting to see what your final plans will be.

Old 10-26-2006, 06:14 AM   #220
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
Oh, I wasn't talking about "cooking" in the true definition of the word (In hindsight, I should have put that word in quotes). What I meant with that statement was I was just waiting to see what your final plans will be.
Just joshin' wit cha. I couldn't resist the pun.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 10-26-2006, 07:57 AM   #221
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Quote:
P.S.
I also want to learn fly-fishing and went as far as purchasing all the gear this year but never had the opportunity to try it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougJamie
Oh, be still my beating heart! Another gal who wants to learn to fly-fish, and right here in my neighborhood! Maybe we can find a place in Maine for a lady's fly-fishing weekend. I hear it's a good place for it. Anyone else up for fly-fishing in Maine sometime?
Count me in - I would gladly trade my hardly used snowmobile gear (SkiDoo) in for the flyfishing gear So who is gonna teach us I'm thinking that someones "Hubby" is going to get special privilage to break our camp for a session or two

"Sisters on the Fly" are my idles....but I don't think I would go that far as to paint the airstream - yikes....
Old 10-26-2006, 08:14 AM   #222
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
I'm thinking that someones "Hubby" is going to get special privilage to break our camp for a session or two....
I will volunteer my hubby! I think he has what it takes:
  1. Patience
  2. Skill in fly fishing
  3. Patience
  4. Love of the sport
  5. Patience
  6. Is a good teacher
  7. Patience
Did I say yet that he has patience?!

Seriously, he is the best "teacher" I have ever met when it comes to breaking down a skill into teachable parts. He has the patience too to repeat steps if necessary for those of us who don't catch on right away. And, of course, there is the part that he will do just about *anything* to get me involved in one of his favorite pastimes.

Old 10-26-2006, 08:16 AM   #223
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Flyfishing sounds good to me too!!

I'm a beginner too, can't wait to practice. One of my 7th graders gave me a last day of school gift of a box of hand tied flies--he and his dad made them. I was so touched--gotta use those flies!!
Old 10-26-2006, 08:37 AM   #224
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
I'm a beginner too, can't wait to practice. One of my 7th graders gave me a last day of school gift of a box of hand tied flies--he and his dad made them. I was so touched--gotta use those flies!!
Brian enjoys tying flies too and does that during the winter months. I know he would be happy to teach fly tying too if there is any interest. I think it is a beautiful (and useful) artform and, now that I have seen what goes into tying a fly, I now really appreciate the finished product!