Old 10-24-2006, 11:17 AM   #197
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Another destination?

Hey Rivettes,

Nothing is written in stone yet. Please if someone can come up with something else where we can maximize the attendance, it will not hurt my feelings. I would really love to get together with everyone or at least as many as possible. I have a window in April (23-30) that would work for me. Does anyone have a solution?

Help! I'm a little overwhelmed with it all. Especially with long distance towing.

Vickie

Air #5970
--------------------------
2001 F250 CC 7.3 PSD 4x4 ("Bubba")
2007 34' SO Classic ("Betty Lou II")
Towdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 12:00 PM   #198
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towdaddy
Hey Rivettes,

Nothing is written in stone yet. Please if someone can come up with something else where we can maximize the attendance, it will not hurt my feelings. I would really love to get together with everyone or at least as many as possible. I have a window in April (23-30) that would work for me. Does anyone have a solution?

Help! I'm a little overwhelmed with it all. Especially with long distance towing.

Vickie
Maximum attendance - would be attained through multiple events - as well as proressive type events. We may not get to see all at once or have the same time free or even want to attempt such large distances on our first solo trips - we could be looking at 2-3 groupings at a time to begin with Rivette Budies so to speak.

What about taking a friend along - or say one of us drives with out the trailer and hook up with someone who does have the trailer - a different kind of buddy system. That is if people don't mind bunking in with "strangers" - but then after spending hours here - how strange are we really

The solution - pick a place pick a date and see who fits - if you get two then your "towing" if you get none then pick another place and pick another date and see who fits....and so on. If your date is not free or no one can make it then see if there is an alternative date at the middle or back side of the season.

But whatever you do - don't get all bent out of shape - cause if nothing else we can set up a real cool cyber RIVETTE Rally.

Anyone heard or used that SKYPE sytem for live telephone calls free?

Old 10-24-2006, 01:46 PM   #199
2 Rivet Member

2006 19' International CCD
Dallas , Texas
Rally

First of all, welcome Rivette! Glad to have you aboard. Vickie, if we do the Water's Edge thing, I would like to meet you and your daughter a few days early and enjoy the rally until I take off for the East Coast. I'm planning on three weeks for my whole trip and I would be glad to plan my route around rendezvous-ing with those of you who want to travel up to PEI, and are a little twitchy about rambling alone.

Second, I am completely flexible on dates and locations for the rally. I am perfectly happy to travel up closer to Michigan, as I am pretty fearless about traveling alone and long distances away from home. (Too many rug buying trips to remote villages across Asia---alone!) (My Mother tells me I need to cultivate a healthy fear level----whatever that means!) But, I am single and I'm used to going it alone without a man. Anyhoo.... back on point...

Why don't those of us who are willing and able, go to those who are not able to tow long distances? Let's keep the discussion going. We have time.

BTW, I should have a rendering of the tote ready by next week. I'm getting pricing together for the printing of our beloved Rosie onto canvas so it can be sewn by my lovely and talented Sister-in-law into our cool totes and personalized with our name or monogram! I need a headcount of how many are interested preliminarily. Can I get a show of hands? I realize the price is certainly a consideration--just the 4 color printing of Rosie costs $16/Sq. ft.... S-i-l thinks the total will run less than $45, but wants to make the prototype first and assess from there. So please don't hold me to that #, ladies. Gotta go for now!

Nancy
Old 10-24-2006, 02:27 PM   #200
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Nancy,

Danielle and I would love to meet you to, Nancy. As far as I'm concerned as long as there is three us willing to make the trek to Waters Edge, I'm in. I really believe that it will be more than that, however. As it stands right now there are three confirmed, you, Carol (wheel interested), and myself. So I guess it is a go. I really want to be able to do this. Who knows if everything goes well this time I may be willing to go all the way to California next year.

The totes sound great. Danielle and I definitely each want one. So I'm a yes for 2. Thanks for all the work you and your sister-in-law have contributed to this project.

BTW, I was born in El Paso. I grew up in a small town east of Shreveport, Louisiana. My husband and I's family still live there. I also have relatives all over Texas. Everyone keeps telling me that you can take a girl out of the south but you can't take the south out of girl. We have lived in Michgian for 16 years now. We love it here. The winters do get a little long but the rest of the year makes up for it.

I will post when I make my reservations at Waters Edge.

Looking forward to seeing you there,

Vickie
Air #5970
--------------------------
2001 F250 CC 7.3 PSD 4x4 ("Bubba")
2007 34' SO Classic ("Betty Lou II")
Towdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 06:27 PM   #201
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Travel Distance

First of all: a hearty RIVETTE welcome to Rivette! No more lurking now, just join in - the more the merrier!

Vickie, caravanning is a possibility. I'll give this some serious thought and see what I can come up with. Also, I feel some guilt over not sharing a trip w/Ike. I've only once gone with a group of women for a wknd. just last year. We've just always gone together. ( BTW - he would NEVER deny me anything I wanted to do) Sounds like a kid being readied for the first time away at camp. Holy cow.....it IS!!

suz
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 07:57 PM   #202
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
". . . Also, I feel some guilt over not sharing a trip w/Ike. . . We've just always gone together. . ."

Suz, I'm having the same struggle. I love the idea of getting out on my own because I never have, and honestly, I guess I'm ready to prove myself to myself in this way. Like you and Ike, Max and I have never done the 'separate vacations' thing, but have always made and shared all our plans together (43 years this week!). So, this Rivettes Rally seems exciting, but very strange to me. Max wouldn't dream of suggesting that I shouldn't do this if I decide to, but just the same, . . . I'm working on my mental/emotional side over this whole idea! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:32 PM   #203
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Match Game

There is always the possibility of having the rivet shavers fly or drive up (down) and spend a few days before you head home or hit another spot or two and travel home or to other parts together. It can be a real time saver and a treat that they can waltz in after you have done all the set-up work that they normally have to take care of.

I like Sharon's idea of popping up places and times and going for a match. Besides Missouri I am in for Michigan and Virginia. I am thinking spring because I am anxious. I think Vicki mentioned Pennwood the Airstream Park in Pennsylvania, if that is another destination I would want to get over to Sharons and PEI if I can swing it.

Guilty pleasures, Georgia and Suz, well, but think of all you will have to share when you get back. If it doesn't work out, you hitch up and head back home sooner or your knight can come call for you. I think once you are truely out there though you will be so busy experiencing new situations and emotions that a phone call or three a day may surfice.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:43 PM   #204
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Guilty pleasures, Georgia and Suz, well, but think of all you will have to share when you get back. If it doesn't work out, you hitch up and head back home sooner or your knight can come call for you. I think once you are truely out there though you will be so busy experiencing new situations and emotions that a phone call or three a day may surfice.
Very nicely put, Carol. Starting out slowly might help too. Work your way up to something longer as you go. That's how I will approach it.

-Jamie
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:48 PM   #205
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Sharon I did try Skype and with the free downloadable software and only the laptop mike and speakers and I was thrilled at the great quality of the call. I only tried it out once though.

photography
Old 10-25-2006, 07:21 PM   #206
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjamie
The most I could manage in May is a long weekend, so Missouri is probably out for me, at least for May. I think I might be able to make it to Virginia in May if anyone is interested in that. Could that be a follow-up to Branson?

Just thinking out loud...

-Jamie
If you have nothing going on in May, you are welcome to join the NEU at our "Maintenance Rally" in RI the first w/e in May. Myboyburt and I have some ideas of activities for children which include may pole activities and perhaps hat making.

And, of course, all the women are invited!

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 07:47 PM   #207
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukionna
If you have nothing going on in May, you are welcome to join the NEU at our "Maintenance Rally" in RI the first w/e in May. Myboyburt and I have some ideas of activities for children which include may pole activities and perhaps hat making.

And, of course, all the women are invited!
Thanks for the invite. It's not that I don't have plenty to do in May, I'm just trying to find a way to hook up with some of the great women on the forum, and gain some quality time with the Bambi whilst I learn the ropes of towing it myself and hear and learn from the experiences of others who're already doing it! I haven't ruled out doing other local events if I can work them in too, especially that spring maintenance rally.

So, Yuki, are you up for a women's rally in May? How 'bout Myboyburt? A caravan maybe?

-Jamie
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 09:16 PM   #208
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Oh my this is getting exciting - how on earth am I going to get through this winter waiting.

Have a basement project to finish and then we are onto working on the overlander. Have to replace the floor. I also want all the interior panels off and the insulation replaced - a huge source for the "old" trailer smell.

Yes we have to work in the cold winter but it does not take much to heat it while we are working on it. And that basement project is building an indoor workshop - so that we can work on all the restoration items indoors in the warmth - real warmth.

I think heading southeast to Boston area is a good start. maybe with a little detour to meet up with Diane from PEI. Maybe Carol would head out from our place a few days earlier to hook up with Diane in PEI and then meet up with Jamie in Boston area which I could travel to solo. Then four of us could head out to Virginia and on to Missouri. If Carol is heading home by then - I would consider tagging along and head home through Michigan.

Can I do all that in 2-3 weeks??? maybe maybe not but I sure would like to try.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:21 PM   #209
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
You want a vacation with plenty to do?

We'll give you a vacation with plenty to do.

Wow Yuki, RI is another perfect stop for an East Coast Tour. I certainly am wishing and hoping for that to happen. Thanks for the invitation. Just for clarification will the maintanence rally be open to non WBCCI members as well? It would be great meeting you too. I met Michelle in Salem.

That's the spirit Sharon. I would like to see more and do more too. I think 2-3 weeks is a great time frame. And we can join up with those out for a shorter term or even the weekend here and there.

photography
Old 10-25-2006, 10:24 PM   #210
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjamie
So, Yuki, are you up for a women's rally in May? How 'bout Myboyburt? A caravan maybe?
Camping?
Did I hear someone say camping?
I'm always up for camping!

Seriously, I've also been lurking around this thread and its "sister" thread that was recently "retired". I haven't had much to say until my *shameless* rally plug above ...
...but I am watching to see what's cooking.

Once the plans are set, I wil check my schedule to see if it works!

P.S.
I also want to learn fly-fishing and went as far as purchasing all the gear this year but never had the opportunity to try it.

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote