Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-19-2006, 08:09 AM   #261
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
About rally mementos... I was wondering about rally gear and how it would be possible to have fun mementos without a lot of work for the women who do it, or to even have it accessible online so that it could be easier yet. Does anyone have experience with cafePress.com ?Hereabouts, people have used it for fundraisers for schools, charities, you can even find the fleur de lis fundraiser for Louisiana there. I don't know all the details about it, just have heard that its a good way to get a logo or memento onto stuff ranging from mugs to tshirts. Clearly we wouldn't be fundraising-- just to have some cool stuff with 2007 Rivettes Doe Tow Rally on it, or whatever we will be calling ourselves (it is our prerogative to change our minds about our names at anytime )
Respectfully submitted
This is a great idea! I don't have any experience with cafepress, but it seems to have a good variety of printable stuff. I'd love to have a Rosie t-shirt with the "We can tow it!" logo. Or how about a "You tow, girl!" coffee mug?

-Jamie
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:14 AM   #262
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Jamie, I want a mug that says you tow girl! Love it, and a shirt. Steph thanks for finding cafepress.

Anyone traveling this January? I signed up for the Florida forums rally at Topsail Hill Preserve State Park, Santa Rosa Florida in the panhandle. Michelle is signed up too. How about it ladies, can you go too? Although Suz may be onto something. Hawaii! C'mon shake that cabin fever. There are 23 Airstreams and growing. Still plenty of room for you.

http://www.floridastateparks.org/topsailhill/

It used to be a private RV resort before Florida bought it, it is tops in the nation, concrete pads, full hook-up, pull-throughs available, it has ocean front, dunes, pristine forest, biking, heated pool. Short drive to Panama City Beach, Seaside, shopping.

AND if you were waivering about going solo hubby can come! Nice winter get away don't you think? You can practice towing and hitching with your own support team right at your side. This trip I'll be solo.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:02 AM   #263
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
tin sista - great idea about gift items. I have been looking for a gift for the Four Corners Unit Rally (shameless plug) and thought about printed magnets. I have seen people with a collection of these on their oven door. I found a place called VistaPrint on the web and they seem to be very reasonable. You don't have to order hundreds of item either.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:21 AM   #264
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Topsail

I looked at the pics of Topsail and I agree, it's a beautiful place. I was hopefull we might be able to swing by the rally on our way to AL until the Jan dates came out. I'd love to do some sno-birding there if FL state parks had monthly rates - if you were able to get a spot that is. We will most likely be heading to Gulf St. Park about the middle of Feb. through March for about 3 - 3 1/2 times less than most FL parks. Of course, you don't get those extra ammenities so we'll see how our first winter away experience goes. That's one reason we bought Cupcake in the first place - 4 yrs ago. One good thing - if you don't like where you are.... just leave and go elsewhere! BTW, is anyone familiar with Gulf Shores, AL? We have friends who've been going there for 10-15 yrs now.

Here's wishing everyone and their families a wonderful Thanksgiving. Gobble Gobble! (< oh, just pretend it's a turkey)
sue
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:19 AM   #265
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL,,,donna,, this thread is moving forward with many great ideas,,, go girls,,!!!!!! donna
dieterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 02:49 PM   #266
2 Rivet Member

2006 19' International CCD
Dallas , Texas
Happy Thanksgiving!!

Ladies, have a great holiday! For those of you interested, I just posted photos under Member's Photos (select i for indian creek) and voila! Finally,
I can share the new Bambi interior with you all.

Best regards to you all,

Nancy
Old 11-22-2006, 05:28 PM   #267
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Happy Thanksgiving to you all too!

Nancy your Bambi is beautiful. Did you do your own curtains and upholstery? It looks so good with that CCD interior. (Which reminds me Donna I have not seen how you decorated your Bambi.)

Love the ranch sign, that's quite a ranch.

Enjoyed the nightshot and sunrise too.

Yes we better get on our "gifts" so we can have them in time for Xmas. Thanks Richard for those links.

photography
Old 11-22-2006, 05:43 PM   #268
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Nancy -- Love the colors in your Bambi! That brown really, really looks nice with the orange of the CCD. It really warms it up. I'd love to do something fun like that for my Bambi. So much to do, so little time...

Carol -- still trying to figure out a way to get to Florida this winter. We're barely a week into winter weather in the northeast and the sunshine of the south is beckoning. I've got some scheming and planning to do...

Wishing all you ladies and your families a Happy Thanksgiving!

-Jamie
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 11-22-2006, 07:54 PM   #269
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Sue, you asked about Gulf Shores. We vacation just across Mobile Bay at Dauphin Island. We think Dauphin I is less touristy than its cross-bay sister, but that's probably just because we happened upon it years ago so it seems "ours" now. DI was badly hurt by last year's hurricanes; I don't know if GS is still recovering or was just not as badly damaged. Carol, the Florida rally at Topsail sounds like a great January remedy. We'd like to find somewhere along the coast to go this winter but when I tried back during early summer, I could find no openings--but I was looking around Naples on down to the Keys. I'll check the rally listing to see how one makes reservations. So far I've scratched out! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 08:00 PM   #270
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
The panhandle isn't nearly as crowded as South Florida. Here's a link to reservations for topsail hill state park. If you could come that would be soooo cool, and maybe Jamie, still crossing my fingers.

http://www.reserveamerica.com/campgr...&parkCode=tops

photography
Old 11-24-2006, 09:15 AM   #271
2 Rivet Member

Dallas , Texas
Ready for emergency liposuction!

It was the second piece of pumpkin pie that did it! Hope you all had a nice day with your families and friends. We're having a beautiful weekend down here in Texas; high temp today 76. Perfect for a little outing in the AS. I'm sure not going shopping!!!

Carol, my sister in law sewed the curtains, and I helped....yeah, right!! No seriously, we removed the curtain liners that have the tabs for the track sewn on them, and just sewed them back on the new fabric. It was pretty easy. I had the dinette cushions reupholstered professionally as well as the bedspread and the decorative pillows on the bed. The bolsters on the bed are covered in a faux-fur fabric named "Bambi"-- couldn't resist that! The flooring is made by Chilewich and actually has aluminum threads woven into the tiny basketweave pattern. It has a subtle metallic effect on the floor which looks so cool with the aluminum interior. I'm really proud of the way it turned out. Thanks, too, Jamie. I wanted to warm up the interior. As you know the original color scheme in the CCD was very cool colors---black, gray, and turquoise. It just didn't do it for me with the orange cabinet interiors. I thought playing up the hot orange and tempering it with the tobacco brown dinette cushions would be really pretty.

Well, I'm going to hit the road. Got fences to mend at the ranch! A woman's work is never done!!

Happy long weekend,

Nancy

BTW---Sis in law and I worked out the design for the tote yesterday; it's going to be really cool.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:08 PM   #272
kristiana

1967 24' Tradewind
1960 Caravel
1962 16' Bambi
Gold Country & Palm Springs , California
Hey Trailer Sisters,

I LoVe this thread, so I'm jumping in like a game of double dutch.
It's been great to read about you and how supportive and funny y'all are.

I wanted to ask slowolf about the group of "B*tches with Hitches".
Looking for another member? Do you have any rallies? More info. pretty please...

Nice to meet everyone. I feel at home on this thread!
kristiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 01:31 PM   #273
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Kristiana -- Thanks for joining us here.

While we're working out the whos, whats, and wheres of the rally plans, this has become a great thread to discuss anything of interest to Airstream towing women. If there's anyone else out there lurking who would like to join us, please do!

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 11-25-2006, 04:04 PM   #274
2 Rivet Member

Dallas , Texas
Welcome!

Glad to have you join us, Kristiana----love your homepage; your designs are great! We have alot of very creative women in our group. When we finally get our rally together, we will be a force to be reckoned with. I'm a fellow designer; I design and import handknotted rugs from Nepal and also am a Texas reg. Interior Designer. Hope you'll stay active in the thread; we have big plans for the Spring, and our friend Carol (wheel interested) in Michigan is trying to get a January rally going in Florida.

Best regards,

Nancy
Old 11-25-2006, 04:54 PM   #275
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Kristiana, welcome. Yes, the women here are ever so interesting. Hopefully we'll be getting a chance to meet here or there if not at a giant rally, but wouldn't that be something. I agree with Jamie, just because we aren't on the road doesn't stop us from meeting here, glad you found your way. I'm going to have to check out that home page of yours Nancy was talking about.

Devoman is hosting a rally in January in Florida, and the number of Airstreamers is just multiplying and muliplying. I'm planning on being a participant but I didn't do any work, just always up for a party! Here's the details. I know those of us in the cooler climates are starting to think it's a really good idea. They are going to have both kinds there though,----women and men. (or rivettes and rivette shavers)It's open to all forum members. Here's the thread
http://www.airforums.com/forum...y-27292-7.html
and here's the link to reservations and attendees list
http://www.airforums.com/forum...1-5;&e=276&c=1

or you can find info by going to the forums rally calendar.

photography
Old 11-25-2006, 06:50 PM   #276
kristiana

1967 24' Tradewind
1960 Caravel
1962 16' Bambi
Gold Country & Palm Springs , California
Ahhhh, can we move Florida any closer to California?
Sounds like a fantastic rally!

Thanks for the warm welcome & compliments, I'm touched. Glad I found my way too.
I'd love for all of the women Airstreamers to design an Airstream together, starting with Nancy's rugs...

Good to be here. I'll think about Florida... I think I need a backup trailer parked in NY for East Coast rallies

Cheers.
kristiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 08:30 PM   #277
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Further back in the thread we were kicking around the idea of meeting in Branson Missouri in May as a central spot for West and East to meet but so far there were only three, two of us already only 3 hours apart in Michigan, so a long way to drive to see each other when we can camp together near home and do already. And Nancy wanted to be coming all the way East after that stop anyway, so it's just out there waiting for nibbles.

photography
Old 11-25-2006, 08:41 PM   #278
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiana
Ahhhh, can we move Florida any closer to California?
Sounds like a fantastic rally!

Thanks for the warm welcome & compliments, I'm touched. Glad I found my way too.
I'd love for all of the women Airstreamers to design an Airstream together, starting with Nancy's rugs...

Good to be here. I'll think about Florida... I think I need a backup trailer parked in NY for East Coast rallies

Cheers.
Kristiana,
You may want to take a look at these two rallies:
NorCal Winter Rally in 29 Palms
Four Corners Unit Rally

They are both much closer then the Can Opener.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 11:09 PM   #279
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
Hi...another Californian here. I was just wondering if there were still any west coasters on this thread. I'd like to get a casual California rally going sometime soon. Any takers???
BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 11:25 PM   #280
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Gulf Shores (i don't know how to do the quotes)

Thanks Georgia for the reply about Daupin Is. vs Gulf Shores. I understand the Gulf State Park open and now has full hook-ups thanks to the post hurricane renewal. It doesn't get as warm as the more southerly FL locals you mentioned but it's very reasonable, w/mo. rates and would be a whole lot better than MI at that time. And we would have our friends there.

suz

ps welcome Kristiana !
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote