Old 10-22-2006, 11:36 PM   #169
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Laurel that is great. If memory serves me correctly Paula (Codybear) had some wonderful fun ideas for a rally.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/264451-post1.html

How about it CodyBear will you ladies be able to organize the first rally in the West?

I don't think I can get that far West again this fall. I have never been to Missouri to camp. Georgia and Vickie, I have heard Branson is a terrific place especially for country music.

At any rate I think Laurel has the right idea about making our own reservations and handling our own finances. Let's try to set some dates and places.

As ever I want to go EVERYWHERE and I like all the ideas so far. Happy hours and sunsets, Sharon's resort like property, Paula's(Foiled Again) magical retreat. I am soo there!

Hey Georgia, I hope you get to see this old face too. LOL

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 05:37 AM   #170
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyPenelope
Hi again, that's a great program.
It's the same red cliff on Prince Edward Island, and I'm waiting for you for happy hours and sunset. Thanks for the answers.
I use my own signature now.
See you soon on the road.
Diane
Hi Diane! PEI sounds wonderful to me! It's a trip I won't want to miss, for sure. In fact, all the places mentioned so far are sounding good. I wish I could go coast to coast. But east of the MIss. is a good start for me (gotta save something for later ).

GT6921 -- Thanks for posting the pics! Sooooo tempting. I'm looking forward to meeting up with you too, up North. .

-J

Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:19 AM   #171
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Waters Edge At Table Rock Info

Hi Rivettes,
This is the info that I have compiled so far:

Waters Edge has just about any type site we could want. According to their web site they have: large shaded campsites, full hook-ups, pull-throughs, Wi-Fi High Speed Internet (I will check on cost), newly remodeled air-conditioned restrooms/showers, lighted tennis courts, swimming area, lighted basketball courts, horeshoe pitts, boat rentrals, floating cafe, and a nature trail. Rates: basic - $16.00, prime(lake front/view) - $21.00, electric - $21.00, prime electric - $25.50, prime electric/water - $27.00 and full hook-up - $29.00. I will call later today to get some specifics.

Stone Hill Winery is 14.78 miles(26 minutes) from Waters Edge. They offer FREE tours and FREE wine tastings.

Silver Dollar City Theme Park is 9.73 miles (19 minutes) from Waters Edge. Tickets may be purchased and printed on line or call 1-800-475-9370. An adult ticket (12-61 yrs) will cost $44.00 + 3.29 = $47.29

Shepherd of the Hills is 17.95 miles (30 minutes) from Waters Edge. Tickets may be purchased on line of call 1-888-336-1389. An adult ticket (over 16) will cost $26.52

Branson is 14 miles from Waters Edge. A map can be see at www.bransonfuntrip.com/map.htm. There is approximately 100 live shows in Branson.

It looks like there is a lot to see and do from this location.

I think it will work best, as others have said, if we are all responsible for making our own reservations. That way, we can all reserve the type of site that we want. About how many sites do you think we will need?

Vickie
Air #5970
--------------------------
2001 F250 CC 7.3 PSD 4x4 ("Bubba")
2007 34' SO Classic ("Betty Lou II")
Towdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 11:57 AM   #172
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Waters Edge on Table Rock Update

Hi again Rivettes,

I did contact Waters Edge on Table Rock this morning. They have 40 full hook-up sites that she would give us a group rate of $23.20/night. I explained that we were in the early stages of planning and did not have a specific date. I gave her the second week of May off the top of my head which notice now that Mother's Day is May 13th. They have FREE WiFi but no cable (like we would need it). I did also explain that we may each be making reservations individually and some of our group may want different levels of service. They do not have meeting facilities but the Marina does have a pavilion for rent.

I took a look at average temperatures for Kimberling City, April 42/69 and May 52/76.

What does everyone think about:
- Would this campground and location meet our needs?
- When is your preference to go?

This is a busy area and this campground takes reservations a year in advance. So, campgrounds are going to fill fast.

Let me know and will continue checking around or call to give her a date. As of now we have about 27. We could do better, though. So far these are the states represented: CA, MT, WA, MA, MI, VA, TX, TN, MO, IL, and last but not least PEI and ON.
Air #5970
--------------------------
2001 F250 CC 7.3 PSD 4x4 ("Bubba")
2007 34' SO Classic ("Betty Lou II")
Towdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 02:32 PM   #173
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
I bet Paula and I could come up with a West Coast rally. I'll e-mail her and start coming up with a plan...

Westward ho Rivettes!
Old 10-23-2006, 02:33 PM   #174
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Oh...
P.S. I love the "We Can Tow It!"
Old 10-23-2006, 02:37 PM   #175
2 Rivet Member

2006 19' International CCD
Dallas , Texas
Hi Vickie,

Thanks for checking into all this! My vote is anytime after Mother's Day and I think Water's Edge is the perfect rendezvous point. The facilities sound terrific. Can I do anything to help with coordination? I am a novice at rallying, ladies, but I want to learn and do whatever I can to make it flow smoothly.

Nancy
Old 10-23-2006, 02:57 PM   #176
2 Rivet Member

2006 19' International CCD
Dallas , Texas
Also, Ladies, if the rally continues on to Prince Edward Island to visit with Diane, would anyone be up to doing the Breton Trail Artisan tour around Nova Scotia? My friend in Halifax says it is really great. You can get an idea about the extent of it on www.novascotia.com I know I'm getting way ahead of myself here, but I can't help it!!!!! No excuses needed, right?

Nancy
Old 10-23-2006, 03:47 PM   #177
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
A trial run

Just a thought for anyone who may be nervous going it alone for the first time...try a short local trip first. Head to a local campground overnight or even to a friend's driveway and try to do everything yourself. Once you've done it once or twice it all seems much less complicated.

It seems that everyone at campgrounds and RV parks are more than willing to help direct you as you park and assist you in any way that they can. And if you find any Airstreamers, they are ESPECIALLY nice and helpful.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:20 PM   #178
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
On the road , again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamCamper
Just a thought for anyone who may be nervous going it alone for the first time...try a short local trip first. Head to a local campground overnight or even to a friend's driveway and try to do everything yourself.
Not hitching up correctly can have serious implications so I would recommend a caveat to the statement above. I would recommend trying to do everything yourself but have someone experienced in hooking up looking over your shoulder. A "hitch-up" error is better corrected in the driveway than on the road.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:09 PM   #179
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebfa
Not hitching up correctly can have serious implications so I would recommend a caveat to the statement above. I would recommend trying to do everything yourself but have someone experienced in hooking up looking over your shoulder. A "hitch-up" error is better corrected in the driveway than on the road.
Yes I agree. That's why first "camping" in a friend's driveway or somewhere else close to home is good so you can have someone "double check" once you've done it all yourself. And I very strongly suggest ALWAYS having a spotter when backing up or pulling into a tight spot even if you think you can do it by yourself. You can always just ask a neighboring camper that you don't know if you are traveling alone. People love to help.

But when the Rivettes go together there will be a lot of us to help each other.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:15 PM   #180
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
A trial run and having the hook-up doubled checked after you finish is good advice. I used to practice at home in the drive. And don't forget to doublecheck the helpers! I've come across many well meaning people who after they went their way down the road I had to do a "do over" on occassion.

I can go to Branson Missouri in May. It is so central I hope many of us can get there.

Does anyone know if Airstream is planning to have a "Homecoming" this year? I would encourage every one to try to make that event as well.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:49 PM   #181
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Lets not start scarin us gals out of doing something really cool now!

Just think of that fancy logo (PS I just LOVE IT!!!) I have always wanted to be a blond (oops she is a brunette! don't have the body for that either!) but just never had the body for it - WE CAN TOW IT!

Maybe with all the time we have on our hands over winter - we could put together a "Rosie Hookin Manual" gettin it up and takin it down so to speak With pictures to make it real simple.

I know that there are several different types out there - so we might need to chip in with some extra photos or steps to include all the types.

eg. I have a Reece easy lift (the two weight distribution bars along with the anti say bar).

I would love to go to Watersedge - sounds great! and looks Fab too.

Carol the Homecoming would be great event to hook up in. We could show up in the Rosie Jump suits and get down and dirty in the factory - now that would be fun! After a few drinks of course.

Well I better get planning - I have the Globe Trotter to sell and the Overlander to get ready and it looks like Mothers Day is the deadline for the completion!

Any of you gals want your own little Airstream Play toy! She is not a Bambi or a Caravel - but a perfect solo unit. Just needs a polish and a new thermal coupler for the furnace, everything else is in great working order or has been newly replaced.

It is sad but she has to go. There is no sense her sitting on the dirveway doing nothing! When I know someone or a family out there would have a real hoot camping in MoonBeam!! Besides as long as she sits on the driveway NOTHING will get done on the S.S. Lighthouse.

The prospects of towing a bigger trailer 26' from a 21' - does not sound too bad when some of you gals are towing a 34 footer - yikes. I have already towed her from Indiana to Peterborough and through North York, Toronto area. As well did some practice with backing up and maneuvering around the twisted driveway we have. We got all new running gear on her - but now have to re-do the inside with lots of almost new parts from the 99 Excella. Easy winter project hmmmmm better check with the better half on that one.

PS - this is a more recent pic of our place. Hard to tell but we could fit about 9 trailers on our driveway and the several parking spots we have made. And just across the road is the water access lot. We will be building M&D's house there this spring - so I will need a break by May I think.

Anyone is always welcome!!! Can offer you water and 15amp and a cool breeze with a glass or two or three or four of wine.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kallaste Property.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	27398   Click image for larger version

Name:	WaterFront Lot.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	27400  

Old 10-23-2006, 07:01 PM   #182
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Your home looks lovely. Be careful posting such nice photos or you may wake up one morning with a whole fleet of Airstreams outside!

Do you have a picture of Moonbeam?