Old 10-22-2006, 10:05 AM   #155
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Hi Diane;

Would this be the red cliff?

This is a picture Hubby took at the beach just down from Red Point Provincial Park. We stayed there for a week August 05.

What about a mini Rosie Caravan - join in where ever and whenever - sort of like the progressive Rally - but moving toward a final destination.

Easy roads both in the states and in canada to drive - a little slower on the north side - which would make it a bit less nerve racking for the new "Can Tows"

It took about 2 days from just north of Peterborough Ontario - (really 4 days when we had the parents with us. They had to stop every two minutes to eat! and stretch their legs and 2 hours to decide where to stop .)

I'm game for wherever we go - just hope we are free on the chosen schedule....okay when I mean we don't panic - are friendly furries allowed??? If a bring a case of home made bubbly (Zinfindel Blush) I'll get hubby on it right away so it ages just nicely for next summer.....

Vickie you might want to put a little butterfly screw in each opening of your wine rack - nevermind the glasses knocking I see them sliding right out the back and ending up in your sink. It is a little trick from boating - as boaters also like their wine!!!

Diane - if you get bored and want a changein scenery - we are just down the road - in the big picture - in the kawarthas - lots of parking space and not quite as busy during the key summer months.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2550.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	27302   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2175.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	27303  

Name:	100_2443.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	27304   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2457.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	27305  

Name:	100_2614.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	27306  

Old 10-22-2006, 11:46 AM   #156
2 Rivet Member

2006 19' International CCD
Dallas , Texas
Vickie, thanks for the ebay tip--I'll check it out. I was also thinking it would be cool to get my metal shop guy to fabricate a rack out of stainless steel or a heavier gauge aluminum to match the gorgeous interior walls. Hmmmm....maybe a possible new business venture?! We'll be rich!! Or maybe just make a few bucks to buy a bottle or two to put in said rack!

WOW, does Prince Edward Island sound great, or what? Thanks for the invite Diane!

Nancy

Old 10-22-2006, 06:06 PM   #157
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
The progressive rally could start on the West coast with Laurel (Barn camper) and Debra (Babeebloos), and Codybear and Anita (Coastal me) in California and hopefully Stef(Stefroberts) and Robyn (SRoffe) could meet up in Washington and come on down or the others could work their way up.

If anyone could travel further they could start in Califorina or Washington or point in between with the Westies.

And of course if anyone else wants to join in they are more than welcome.

Moving towards the central states Donna (Deiterdog) and Michelle (thecatsandi) in Montana/ Oregon could take a Southernly route to scoop up Georgia (MaxandGeorgia) in Missouri, Georgia has the distiction of having us "centered" Nancy (indiancreek) and Kathy (ya-ya) in Texas could travel together and go a bit North. More could join from the East and the West for Missouri or destinations in that general zone.

Going back East, Summerkid is waiting on the bandwagon in Illinois, if you go through Ohio we may be able to encourage Lou (louandlarry) to join us or perhaps CP there for a night or two.

By the time we are that far East we have me, Carol (wheelinterested), Steph (tin sista), Vicki (msTowdaddy) Sue (eikel1we) in Michigan.

Then we could all go towards Georgia to rally with Paula (Foiled Again) or we can meet her and bring her North to get our North East gals, Jamie (Dougandjamie) Sharon (GT6921) and Diane (dufferin) With Sharon and Diane offering beautiful places to visit!

Obviously our fairweather friends in the warm climes can start anytime. Some of us in the North and East may have settled in for a winters nap. And if anyone wants to join in they are more than welcome. I don't think there will be any kitties to feed but there will be dogs.

Nancy that is very cool about your s-i-l- and the embroidery projects. I am anxious to see what you two come up with. I know I want at least one, whatever it is. Steph (tin sista may have a higher resolution Rosie, I just worked from the web grab in the thread.

If I forgot somebody I am so sorry and feel free to scold me and perhaps our only rule could be reiterated here, No biting and no hairpulling no matter how much she may have it coming to her.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 06:23 PM   #158
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
We Can Do It!

I took a stab at We Can Tow It! I don't use Photoshop, and can barely find my way around in Fireworks, so this is what I did. It's a .png file (not .jpg), whatever that means. I didn't have the exact font, but this one matches one on the logo of a familiar aluminum riveted tube.

-Jamie
Attached Images

Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 06:36 PM   #159
2 Rivet Member

Dallas , Texas
Carol, Carol, Carol, you have been working hard on that last post! I'm ready to pull out the maps and get a route planned for this progressive rally....how fun will this be!!?? The only person down here in the warmer climes that you forgot is Mrs. Tin Hut, and judging by her avatar, you are in no danger of being bitten by her!! (I'm sorry, Mrs. Tin Hut I couldn't resist that one-----we all know that all Airstream women are bee-u-t-ful!!) To tell you the truth, I cannot wait to meet Mrs. Tin Hut----don't we know that our rally is going to be so much richer and more colorful with her present! Talked to sister in law today about the totes and she is ready to go on it. With everyone's permission, we'll photoshop the Rosie image with the rivetted silver tube behind her and our "Rivettes" ID. Do we want "WE CAN TOW IT!" as our slogan? Should there be mention of "Rivettes Rally 2007"?

Way to go Carol!

Nancy
Old 10-22-2006, 06:48 PM   #160
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I am soo sorry Mrs.Tin Hut! I have no doubt the rally will be much enhanced by the presence of Mrs. Tin Hut. Actually I was saving the Airstream Life article written by the Mr. and Mrs. Tin Hut and wanting to savour it and never got back to it so I am heading off to find and read that issue.

Jamie I like the slogan, you did a perfect job. Yes Nancy I think totes with the slogan would be fantastic!

Have we got a great bunch, or what?!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 07:07 PM   #161
2 Rivet Member

Dallas , Texas
Carol, have you ever met Mrs. Tin Hut? I have not, even though she and the Mister are just a few miles up the road from me here in Dallas. The article in Airstream Life is completely priceless and I think we should all have one of her frying pans to honor her ingenuity and imagination. Mr. Tin Hut wrote me last week and invited me to join in on a rally this weekend which I was unable to attend! I was sick about it!! I spent the entire day yesterday listening to jackhammers digging up my front walk and back patio so I can install slabs of Pennsylvania Blue Limestone. Never a dull moment around here! Was relieved this morning that my minor headache was from the incessant noise yesterday and not from the delicious Cab I enjoyed while sitting in the Bambi last night listening to the glorious sound system! I'll post the Rosie image just as soon as I can---gotta get my Mac buddy over here to help me with it....completely out of my realm of knowledge.

Nancy
Old 10-22-2006, 07:08 PM   #162
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Nancy,

WOW! Great job! "We Can Tow It" is perfect. I am so excited about the totes as well. I agree that it would be nice to have "Rivettes Rally 2007" on them.

I found another location possibility today. It is Waters Edge @ Table Rock. The web site is www.watersedgetr.com. Of course, this is located on Table Rock Lake near Branson, MO. Should we agree that we are looking at Missouri since it is centrally located?

Vickie
Air #5970
--------------------------
2001 F250 CC 7.3 PSD 4x4 ("Bubba")
2007 34' SO Classic ("Betty Lou II")
Towdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 07:11 PM   #163
2 Rivet Member

Dallas , Texas
OH, Jamie, the image just came up on my computer!!! Fantastic job, woman! You are fabulous!
Nancy
Old 10-22-2006, 07:22 PM   #164
2 Rivet Member

Dallas , Texas
Vickie
Water's Edge looks great! What do the rest of you gals think? Thanks for looking that up.
Nancy
Old 10-22-2006, 07:22 PM   #165
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Sorry Nancy and Jamie,

Jamie great job on Rosie. She looks perfect to go the totes that Nancy is designing. Sorry about the confusion. I'm just so excited!

Great going, girls!

Vickie
Air #5970
--------------------------
2001 F250 CC 7.3 PSD 4x4 ("Bubba")
2007 34' SO Classic ("Betty Lou II")
Towdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 07:40 PM   #166
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
I just got back (today) from the NorCal rally and it was great! About 30 Airstreams of all sizes and vintages, lots of great people, and a lot of fun. I met Debra (Babeebloos), Paula (Codybear), Kim (PhxFox) and briefly got to say hello to Carey (Rolwil) (sorry we didn't get to chat more but there were soooo many people at the pot luck!) and they are all interested in a women's rally and all from CA.

That rally seemed to work very well by announcing the time and place well in advance and then just having everyone meet there and pay for their own reservations. It was a big enough campground so there was no worry that there wouldn't be enough spaces and no one had to be responsible for handling money or reservations.

There might still be time for a West Coast rally in late fall or early spring as the weather is usually lovely then. C'mon west everyone!

Laurel
BamCamper
Old 10-22-2006, 08:46 PM   #167
1 Rivet Member

2010 30' Flying Cloud
Victoria , British Columbia
Hi again, that's a great program.
It's the same red cliff on Prince Edward Island, and I'm waiting for you for happy hours and sunset. Thanks for the answers.
I use my own signature now.
See you soon on the road.
Diane
Old 10-22-2006, 09:09 PM   #168
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Watersedge sounds like a great "central" meeting place on the grand progressive caravan to PEI! Those coming from the west willl appreciate a couple/few of days of rest from the road and the ones of us from the gulf to Minnesota can gather, readying for the trek on east. Now, if only a date can be found to meet everyone's needs. Hold on tight 'cause I think the list of interested Rivettes is going to jump when the gals on this forum see the fun planned. I'm already envious of those of you on the West Coast who'll get to do the who-o-ole thing! This may be so grand that it will need to be an every other year event with mini-local rallies on the year in between. Then, the alternate year, the caravan can launch from the East Coast headed west, different sites, old and new faces joining along the way. . . ~G

Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote