Old 10-20-2006, 03:42 PM   #141
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
You sure can use the avatar! Graphic needs more TLC, also didn't know if we wanted text on it, or what and she is not bedazzled with earrings. Maybe try some different trailers.
Details, details. Actually, I think she looks great right now!! We could do more, but keeping the ambiguous rivetted silver tube keeps us out of trouble I suppose. And the text works fine for us, just like Rosie and the rivets. We can always put something else in the bubble for special occasions.

Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 04:11 PM   #142
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Hi "Girls",
How about above Rosie we put, "SASSI RIVETTES CAN DO IT!"? This is sooo cool. Wow, the ball is really rolling now. Nancy, I'm always up to a toast with a good Cab. I certainly have wine glasses. In fact, my under-cabinet wine glass rack was one of the first things I added to my new AS. I'm ready! Hey Carol, good one on the rivette shavers. Nice work on Rosie! You are so talented!!! I second the vote on the Rivettes. Georgia, Missouri would be a good choice. It is certainly centrally located. Do know of any good campgrounds that would accommodate us? Like I've stated before where ever is decided I'm there. How many of us would be willing to tow to Missouri so that we could do a country-wide doe tow? It would be super if all us could come together in one location. What does everyone think?
Vickie

Air #5970
--------------------------
2001 F250 CC 7.3 PSD 4x4 ("Bubba")
2007 34' SO Classic ("Betty Lou II")
Towdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:43 PM   #143
2 Rivet Member

2006 19' International CCD
Dallas , Texas
Carol, we gotta hand it to you------you are it!!! What a GREAT image! I'm so excited about this rally that I went over to my storage and hauled "Rosie the Rivetted" over to my driveway this afternoon and hooked 'er up! Think I'll have a glass of vino and just hang out. I just finished the re-do of the interior (pictures to come for those of you interested!) I just love to sit in there and look at it! Anyway, fellow women, this is truly going to be a memorable outing wherever it takes place; there are so many creative minds working on this thing. I agree that maybe we meet centrally and then those of us who can travel on to other places just keep on going.

My sister-in-law makes these really great custom totes that she can embellish with any image that can be printed on fabric. I think I'll have her make a prototype based on our Rosie image. She has that killer computerized sewing machine that does custom embroidery, so we could have our logo and name on our tote!!!!! I'll get pricing, too, so we'll know what to expect if you all want to have one.

OK later, ladies. Time to pop a cork and get dinner going.

Nancy
Old 10-20-2006, 07:54 PM   #144
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
About Branson, MO, area campgrounds: we've stayed at Silver Dollar City Campground (part of the SDCity complex) in early November and really liked it, but of course, no crowds that time of year. The camp is spread out along a couple of ridges, lots of oak and hickory trees for shade. Some sites graveled, some are roomy, others are typical one after the other. Jack Canavera of this forum has mentioned another that they like really well in the Branson area. We can check on that if interest swings this way as a central location, later I think another MO forum member listed lots of places in the Springfield region (which includes Branson) when he was putting together points of interest for the WBCCI International that was held there two summers ago, so that's another source for ideas. This is just all way too cool! ~G Also, don't forget Michigan--along the lake is gorgeous, up and down. How are we EVER going to choose? I liked the idea of the progressive rally-gathering as you go, dropping off as needed! Gotta run, my merlot is calling. . .
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 11:57 AM   #145
2 Rivet Member

Dallas , Texas
Vickie-- your wine glass storage sounds really cool. Have any photos? Sounds like we'll be well prepared for any wine drinkin' that might take place on this trip!! I do feel very strongly as I'm sure you do, that good wines are best enjoyed in the proper glass. Yesterday, while waiting for my car at the carwash, I spied a display of 20 oz. styrofoam cups with catchy slogans printed on them. One package was printed "Betty Ford Clinic" in big red letters, so I couldn't resist taking them home as a gag in which to serve "yard cocktails" to my friends. Upon reflection, however, perhaps I should start pouring my Cab into said styrofoam cups to remind me that there is a possible price to pay for my great affection for the '02 Cabernets coming out of California! Anyhoo, ladies...... OK back to the rally. Forgive me, anyone who may have already suggested this, but I did not read posts back to the beginning of the Rosie idea. What if the slogan above Rosie read "WE CAN TOW IT!!" ?

Spent the night in Bambi in my driveway as planned last night. I think my dogs Tobias and Madison thought Mommy was a bit crazy when I carried them out to the trailer and put them to bed. Hmmm... maybe they're right! Oh well! A great weekend to one and all. Will proceed with the tote prototype and see what you all think. I must, however learn how to post photos onto the forum. I'm sure I'll find that info in the Search function...

Nancy
Old 10-21-2006, 03:56 PM   #146
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Under-cabinet wine glass rack

Hi Nancy,
Yes I do have a picture of my wine glass rack. I hope I can attach it. I'll give it a try.
Vickie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4708.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	27275  
Air #5970
Old 10-21-2006, 04:04 PM   #147
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiancreek
I just finished the re-do of the interior (pictures to come for those of you interested!).

Nancy
I'm interested!! Get those pictures posted. You Can DO it!

-Jamie
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 10-21-2006, 04:06 PM   #148
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towdaddy
Hi Nancy,
Yes I do have a picture of my wine glass rack. I hope I can attach it. I'll give it a try.
Vickie
VERY nice, Vickie!! Just the perfect spot for the wine rack. Do the glasses clang together in travel, or do they stay in place pretty much?

-Jamie
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 10-21-2006, 04:11 PM   #149
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiancreek
"WE CAN TOW IT!!" ?
Nancy
Yup, that'd work! Another one of those barely noticeable changes to the original design that would fit right in. I like it!

You guys must have some pretty nice tiara thinking caps, 'cause we're gettin' some pretty good stuff here.
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 10-21-2006, 04:26 PM   #150
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Hi Jamie,
I have only towed once since my husband put it up. I took them out since I was taking it to the dealership. I think it will be easy enough to put something across the end to keep them in the slots during transport. Carol suggested that I slip socks over the glass bowls to keep them from banging. I plan on giving this a try. They were inexpensive glasses so if I do break one it is no great loss. I could no longer bring myself to drink a good Cab out of a plastic glass. I will let you know how it works out.
Vickie
Air #5970
Old 10-22-2006, 12:50 AM   #151
2 Rivet Member

Dallas , Texas
wine rack

Vickie,
Okay, girl, those are great! Such a great space-saving idea. I'm going to have some made, too. Thanks for the pics! Cheers! The idea of putting socks over the bowls of the glasses to protect them in transit is priceless, too.

Nancy
Old 10-22-2006, 09:26 AM   #152
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Nancy,
I purchased this under-cabinet wine glass rack off ebay. If you are familiar with ebay do a search on "Under-Cabinet Wine Glass Rack". This still may be offered. I chose this type because if it did not fit I could cut to fit. I chose to place mine with the openings (ends where glass pedestals slip in and out) length-wise to the trailer. The correct placement would be side-to-side. It would not fit and would have had to cut. Actually, the front-to-back placement worked better because there is only one opening to get the glass in and out of. Is this as clear as mud? Anyway, if you or someone you know has the saw equipment they can be made easy enough and less expensively. If you would like I can get some better pictures for you?
Vickie
Air #5970
Old 10-22-2006, 09:31 AM   #153
Islay - 63 O.

1963 26' Overlander
Montreal , -
Send a message via MSN to dufferin
hi girls, i'm really interested in doing a lady rally, I would love to know when you intend to do it. I'll try to do my best to be there. Usually I don't write to much on the forum, I read a lot. My english isn't perfect ... so !!!!
Anyhow, I do live on Prince Edward Island, Canada, on a red cliff facing the sunset in the ocean. So if any of you want to eat some lobsters and drink homemade wine, feel comfy to come and visit, I have room to park and hook up.
See you on the road
diane

Lady Penelope, Overlander 1972
Lady Ginger, Overlander 1975

Few rolling wheels to make our planet a house.

A 1/5th of her that I own.

TAC# : QC-1

my blog

http://rvcampreview.com
dufferin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 09:40 AM   #154
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Oh, Rivettes, did you all read this? PEI is not central, but it surely does sounds good Diane. . .ocean sunsets, lobster, wine. . .ahhh! Thanks for the invitation~G

Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote