Old 04-01-2007, 12:51 AM   #281
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I bet you were!!! ...at least "an unusual demographic", you are. Look at this old post:

Quote:
I (Paula) spoke to Mr. Eli Carder at Airstream - in their marketing department. He's interested and intrigued, but pointed out that we'd probably have to "primitive camp" as they had done at the Homecoming. He's going to check with upper managment to see if Airstream is interested in sponsoring it - or even having it there. He instantly recognized that woman RVers were an unusual demographic, and might be newsworthy. He wondered what our rally would be like and wanted an outline.
http://www.airforums.com/forum...19-post25.html

You should definitely be in for some press!

Look at RVing Women, how big there are, all those chapters.

RVing Women - Support Information & Networking for Women RVers!

Another good link

Women RVers

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:17 AM   #282
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Thanks Carol. I may have to persue this a bit.
If we provided an inadvertant bit of Airstream history, it seems that it should be documented in whatever annals that exist.
And if there are future women's rallies, like the Summer Solstice, we could have some excellent follow-up on what could become a new way of maintaining Airstreaming comraderie.
After all, if all these women are towing these silver bullets around just the fun of it, they must be pretty darn user-friendly, right?
janet

Old 04-01-2007, 01:41 AM   #283
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Don't forget Airstream Life, Rich Luhr is always looking for stories and pictures. I would love to read and see more! I've been doing a search for women rvers. Perhaps checking with one of the women FreeWheelers in the WBCCI, like Hunter or the VAC's, Daisy Welsh. They perhaps know of get-togethers that have taken place.

Hunter has an Airstream e-mail list here
AirstreamList : The original Airstream discussion list..

photography
Old 04-01-2007, 08:31 AM   #284
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
Carol,, Daisy has helped me in the past,,, great woman Airstreamer,,, there are quite a few of us out here,,, too bad not many in Montana,,, i know of some wonderful strong women that i have met through Airstream,, do not forget the Free wheelers,,, singles,,,, yep,, you can do it!!!! donna
Old 04-01-2007, 09:30 AM   #285
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Donna, yes I agree! I do wish I weren't so far from Montana. It was so wonderful meeting you at the International in Oregon and I really would love to rally with you again (a smaller rally perhaps next time. ) I get inspired when I meet women towing alone as you do. I should start a special book of women I meet and have you all sign my rememberance book. Ah but I don't need the book to remember I carry a little bit right in my spirit. We need to get a rally going in your area Donna. It is time for another woman's rally!!!!!! (Hey its always the right time for a woman's rally )

photography
Old 04-01-2007, 03:57 PM   #286
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Yes!! -- what Carol said, and what Janet and dieterdog said.

I talked with Daisy a long while back when I first got my older Airstream. Very helpful and supportive and it turns out she's originally from right in my back yard. Would love to get together with her sometime, and with some of the other women who've been out there Airstreaming on their own.
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:58 PM   #287
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Ladies,
My pictures have been delayed a little. I got food poisoning Saturday night and today my hard drive filled up doign the website. Any know how to upgrade a Mac PowerBook?

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:17 PM   #288
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi
Ladies,
My pictures have been delayed a little. I got food poisoning Saturday night and today my hard drive filled up doign the website. Any know how to upgrade a Mac PowerBook?
Hi Michelle,

Sorry to hear that you got food poisoning. How're you feeling right now?
What do you mean by upgrading a Mac Powerbook? I have a G4 Powerbook like you, which I have added additional 562MB Ram onto the hard drive and additional memory (40 GB). I would get a exterior hard drive to back everything up, before you do any upgrading. The best thing though is to take it into a Mac store and have them do the upgrade, so you will be cover with any warranty issue.

Good luck.
Cat =^^=
Old 04-02-2007, 11:21 PM   #289
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Michelle hope you are feeling much better. Anxious for your pictures as always.

Debra, saw pictures of you at 4CU April Fools Day Rally. Seems like you had a "howling" good time.

photography
Old 04-03-2007, 12:12 AM   #290

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Cat,
My hard drive needs to be bigger. I filled an 80GB HD with Pictures and Music. I really need a 100GB or 120Gb drive for the computer. The computer is three or four years old. I lost track. I really should be thinking about a new one. Lots of money though. THe nearest Apple "store" is in Richland, WA about 3 hours away. Next Closest is Boise, ID about 3 and a half hours away. There are no True apple stores with an 8 hours drive of La Grande. We are pretty out there.
I am feeling much better today. I slept a lot yesterday and last night. I actually felt good enough to eat solid foods late this afternoon.

Old 04-03-2007, 12:21 AM   #291
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Try this Michelle, and take out a few large programs that you have the disk for. Upload to free online storage, backup first. Actually backup on CDs or DVDs and you wont need to upload. There are many others too. I have the Passport and its a great little external. Put some stuff on the IPod or equivalent MP3 player storage device.

https://www.mediamax.com/home/signup...FRlmWAod_Gv0jQ

Try this. A free disk storage utility for mac that will show you what's eating your hard drive.

Disk Inventory X

I use Treesize for Windows and it is terrific. You will be suprised what you find and where it is.

photography
Old 04-03-2007, 01:46 AM   #292
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi
Cat,
My hard drive needs to be bigger. I filled an 80GB HD with Pictures and Music. I really need a 100GB or 120Gb drive for the computer. The computer is three or four years old. I lost track. I really should be thinking about a new one. Lots of money though. THe nearest Apple "store" is in Richland, WA about 3 hours away. Next Closest is Boise, ID about 3 and a half hours away. There are no True apple stores with an 8 hours drive of La Grande. We are pretty out there.
I am feeling much better today. I slept a lot yesterday and last night. I actually felt good enough to eat solid foods late this afternoon.
Hey Michelle,
My G4 is about 2 and half years old too. Besides doing what Wheel Interested mentioned and do a memory tree check, the best thing is to get an external hard drive to download your photos and iTune, so you can free up space. If hard drive is the only problem you have, you don't really need to get a new laptop. Unfortunately that you are too far from an Apple store, otherwise, you can have them take out the two 40GB, and replace them with two 60MB, or larger. Again, the easiest thing to do is to go to Office depot, Best Buy or alike and get a 80GB or up external HD. You should do that anyway, in case the laptop ever reach to a point of no-return, if you know what I mean.
Food poisoning is a b_tch. Make sure that you hydrate yourself, Gatorade is the number one physican choice when it comes to dehyration due to food poisoning, stomach flu...etc. Take it easy. Take care.
Cat
Old 04-03-2007, 03:49 PM   #293

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Well I prevailed. I moved a few things off my laptop HD and managed to get the website finished.

The pictures are up. Some narration still needs to be done. It is finally warm enough to work. Yeah the hangar is not heated.

Oh yeah. click the link below

Old 04-03-2007, 04:17 PM   #294
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Nice photos Michelle. We seem to be REALLY enjoying the wine...