Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-11-2005, 07:51 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Impromptu Metro-Detroit Fall Rally!

We are holding a weekend rally October 14-16, 2005 at the Ja Do Campground in Tipton, MI. This is in the heart of the Irish Hills! At this time of year it should be beautiful there! Their website is: www.jadocampground.com

We will be in the section named "The Hollow". It is surrounded by hills and secluded from the rest of the campground. We will also have a bath house to ourselves and they will not put anyone else in that area of the campground!
Please post here if you would like attend! This should be just as much fun as the rally we held in late August! I am really looking forward to it!
See you in the Irish Hills!
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 08:21 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Exclamation Irish Hills

Larry and I enjoyed our overnight stay at this campground on our way back from the north of Detroit rally. It was a nice quiet, secluded place. Easy access and easy to find.
We hope that some more folks will be able to make it to this one. We are hoping that my mom will heal fast so we can take off for another adventure!! She got home from the hospital yesterday and so far, so good.
We would enjoy meeting up with some of the rally folks from Michigan again. How about it Ohioan?? Anyone joining us??

Larry and Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 08:37 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Here is the map of Ja Do Campground!

I posted this on the old thread and figured that I would put it here so that everyone that is interested could get an idea of where we will be.
I know it looks blurry but if you left-click on it you will get a bigger view of it.
I hope to see some of you there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sitemap-200501.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	14583  
Old 09-11-2005, 09:02 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
This can't miss! Lou's on a roll :-)

After the great time we all had at Otisville, this next one is guaranteed to be a blast!!! The weather should be gorgeous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
We are holding a weekend rally October 14-16, 2005 at the Ja Do Campground in Tipton, MI. This is in the heart of the Irish Hills! At this time of year it should be beautiful there! Their website is: www.jadocampground.com

We will be in the section named "The Hollow". It is surrounded by hills and secluded from the rest of the campground. We will also have a bath house to ourselves and they will not put anyone else in that area of the campground!
Please post here if you would like attend! This should be just as much fun as the rally we held in late August! I am really looking forward to it!
See you in the Irish Hills!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 09:24 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Would love to make it!

[QUOTE=wheel interested]After the great time we all had at Otisville, this next one is guaranteed to be a blast!!! The weather should be gorgeous.[/QUOTE

I would love to make it. However, that is right in the middle of bow season. Unless, I could find some state land over there to hunt in the mornings and evenings.

Jeff
JeffTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 11:00 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Lou, Call us a "definite maybe" at the moment while we try to figure our our fall schedule of WBCCI events, family commitments, work, and of course this event.

I do think that if we decide to attend, we'll plan to take Friday off so that we can get there at a leisurely pace, and arrive before dusk. If there will be a caravan to the rally, we might be interested.

I'll let you know when we make a firm decision.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 03:27 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander
Lou, Call us a "definite maybe" at the moment while we try to figure our our fall schedule of WBCCI events, family commitments, work, and of course this event.

I do think that if we decide to attend, we'll plan to take Friday off so that we can get there at a leisurely pace, and arrive before dusk. If there will be a caravan to the rally, we might be interested.

I'll let you know when we make a firm decision.
Well, you can ALWAYS caravan with me, buddy!
I am up for a caravan ANYTIME! Wanna go around the block?
I have gotten some off-thread response and so far it is looking like we will have six to ten depending upon circumstances! I have never taken any of my trailers out this late in the season. I am really looking forward to it. This should prove to be fun!
If anyone is interested PM, email or on here will work!
We will not be doing all of the "stuff" that we did for the Summer Rally. I am going to save that for the Summer Rally. I figure that will be our BIG rally!
Although, LPPI beanies will be more than welcomed at any of the rallies!
Old 09-12-2005, 03:29 PM   #8
Rivet Master

[QUOTE=JeffTerry]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
After the great time we all had at Otisville, this next one is guaranteed to be a blast!!! The weather should be gorgeous.[/QUOTE

I would love to make it. However, that is right in the middle of bow season. Unless, I could find some state land over there to hunt in the mornings and evenings.

Jeff
There is state land within 15 minutes. Who knows, maybe I will take my bow and stand along!
Old 09-12-2005, 08:58 PM   #9
Rivet Master

Please welcome a newcomer!

Harold, aka HDS, of Jackson will be attending the rally this October.
They just purchased a 1969 Overlander and have only had a chance to use it once this year!
Let's welcome them to the rally!
I look forward to meeting Harold and his wife next month.
Let's show Harold and his wife that we are not as crazy as most would think!
Old 09-13-2005, 03:55 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Welcome Harold

Glad to hear that you are going to make this little impromptu rally. We are hoping for pleasant Fall weather and friends to share it with up there. We had a great time with Lou's Crew the last time in Covenant Hills!
Lou (the other one) and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 09-15-2005, 01:59 PM   #11
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
Glad to hear that you are going to make this little impromptu rally. We are hoping for pleasant Fall weather and friends to share it with up there. We had a great time with Lou's Crew the last time in Covenant Hills!
Lou (the other one) and Larry
I was just wondering if anyone would like to do anything special at the fall rally?
I was thinking of just hanging out and sharing some time with friends.
Let me know.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:24 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Hudson State Rec Area shouldn't be too far away. I've hunted there, but never got anything, but we were hunting squirrels or some dumb thing.

http://www.michigandnr.com/parksandt...fo.aspx?id=464
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 02:36 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Hanging out

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
I was just wondering if anyone would like to do anything special at the fall rally?
I was thinking of just hanging out and sharing some time with friends.
Let me know.
Sounds like a good plan. We would just as soon sit around a campfire and get to know everyone. I hope someone will take charge and find some firewood nearby. I understand that Michigan does not allow wood to move around the state due to the Ash Boorer beetle infestation problem.
We can share marshmallows and s'mores with each other!! Alexandra will like that too!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 09-15-2005, 02:55 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
You can't move firewood from county to county. They just found an emerald ash borer up at Tahquemanon last week, so I expect it to get worse.

Lou, we can't make it this fall, but I intend to attend a rally next spring or summer. Two thoughts:

1) Have a rally in the thumb. Just a thought, plenty of nice parks up there I hear.
2) I have a wacky activity idea for a rally. I'll PM you and we can plan for next year.

John
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 03:00 PM   #15
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
You can't move firewood from county to county. They just found an emerald ash borer up at Tahquemanon last week, so I expect it to get worse.

Lou, we can't make it this fall, but I intend to attend a rally next spring or summer. Two thoughts:

1) Have a rally in the thumb. Just a thought, plenty of nice parks up there I hear.
2) I have a wacky activity idea for a rally. I'll PM you and we can plan for next year.

John
The firewood thing is an important thing for all of us to remember. I have lost two 40+ year old ash trees in my backyard. They were planted by my grandfather. They are now gone forever, thanks to a bug from China.
Sounds like a good idea for the rally next year. PM me and we can get started.
I would like to form a "committee" for the spring and summer rallies soon. If anyone would like to participate in the planning of these rallies please let me know. The ONE thing I want to avoid is "rally fees". If we have to charge for the extras I would like to keep it to 10 bucks or less.
I hope we can have a good turn-out for all of our rallies!
Old 09-15-2005, 06:43 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Jackson , Michigan
Hi, I'm Harold's wife (HDS). I grew up in the Irish Hills and while Hayes State park is only a few minutes away I don't think you can hunt the land there. There is some State land by Jackson you can hunt in the Waterloo area. Looking forward to meeting you all. LeeAnn
mizlann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 08:41 PM   #17
Rivet Master

Guess who may be coming?

Rich Luhr, of Airstream Life magazine fame, may be attending our fall rally! Rich will be in Jackson Center a few days before the rally.
I talked with him tonight and he says it is looking pretty good that he and his family will be attending the rally.
With Rich there I believe it will be an awesome addition to the rally!
Please watch this thread as things progress!
Old 09-16-2005, 01:21 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizlann
Hi, I'm Harold's wife (HDS). I grew up in the Irish Hills and while Hayes State park is only a few minutes away I don't think you can hunt the land there. There is some State land by Jackson you can hunt in the Waterloo area. Looking forward to meeting you all. LeeAnn
LeeAnn,
Thanks for posting the information.
I am excited about heading to a different campground. My girls are avid campers and they LOVE being outdoors! It keeps them out of my nearly mint condition Minuet!
The campfire is always an event not to be missed!
Do you or Harold know where we can get some firewood near the campground? Emerald Ash Borer keeps our wood confined.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:49 PM   #19
HDS
2 Rivet Member

We stopped by the campground today on the way to a friend's place. They sell firewood by the wheelbarrow load, $10.00 for a good size load. The campground owner said he doesn't care if we bring our own, but cautioned against it, seems DNR has come in a couple of times this season and the fine is $100.00 a stick. I'll check with a friend about some from his woodpile tho. The rule is only get wood from a local source, and I think Jackson is local. Either way, we'll have wood.
HDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 08:03 PM   #20
Rivet Master

Harold,
Thanks for looking into the wood situation.
It is good to know that there is one less thing I have to do! Like I have a whole lot to do in the first place!
I am not surprised by the fine amount. I lost two trees because of the ash borer. Nasty little things.