Old 09-15-2005, 04:00 PM   #15
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
You can't move firewood from county to county. They just found an emerald ash borer up at Tahquemanon last week, so I expect it to get worse.

Lou, we can't make it this fall, but I intend to attend a rally next spring or summer. Two thoughts:

1) Have a rally in the thumb. Just a thought, plenty of nice parks up there I hear.
2) I have a wacky activity idea for a rally. I'll PM you and we can plan for next year.

John
The firewood thing is an important thing for all of us to remember. I have lost two 40+ year old ash trees in my backyard. They were planted by my grandfather. They are now gone forever, thanks to a bug from China.
Sounds like a good idea for the rally next year. PM me and we can get started.
I would like to form a "committee" for the spring and summer rallies soon. If anyone would like to participate in the planning of these rallies please let me know. The ONE thing I want to avoid is "rally fees". If we have to charge for the extras I would like to keep it to 10 bucks or less.
I hope we can have a good turn-out for all of our rallies!

Old 09-15-2005, 07:43 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Jackson , Michigan
Hi, I'm Harold's wife (HDS). I grew up in the Irish Hills and while Hayes State park is only a few minutes away I don't think you can hunt the land there. There is some State land by Jackson you can hunt in the Waterloo area. Looking forward to meeting you all. LeeAnn

Old 09-15-2005, 09:41 PM   #17
Rivet Master

Guess who may be coming?

Rich Luhr, of Airstream Life magazine fame, may be attending our fall rally! Rich will be in Jackson Center a few days before the rally.
I talked with him tonight and he says it is looking pretty good that he and his family will be attending the rally.
With Rich there I believe it will be an awesome addition to the rally!
Please watch this thread as things progress!
Old 09-16-2005, 02:21 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizlann
Hi, I'm Harold's wife (HDS). I grew up in the Irish Hills and while Hayes State park is only a few minutes away I don't think you can hunt the land there. There is some State land by Jackson you can hunt in the Waterloo area. Looking forward to meeting you all. LeeAnn
LeeAnn,
Thanks for posting the information.
I am excited about heading to a different campground. My girls are avid campers and they LOVE being outdoors! It keeps them out of my nearly mint condition Minuet!
The campfire is always an event not to be missed!
Do you or Harold know where we can get some firewood near the campground? Emerald Ash Borer keeps our wood confined.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:49 PM   #19
HDS
2 Rivet Member

We stopped by the campground today on the way to a friend's place. They sell firewood by the wheelbarrow load, $10.00 for a good size load. The campground owner said he doesn't care if we bring our own, but cautioned against it, seems DNR has come in a couple of times this season and the fine is $100.00 a stick. I'll check with a friend about some from his woodpile tho. The rule is only get wood from a local source, and I think Jackson is local. Either way, we'll have wood.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:03 PM   #20
Rivet Master

Harold,
Thanks for looking into the wood situation.
It is good to know that there is one less thing I have to do! Like I have a whole lot to do in the first place!
I am not surprised by the fine amount. I lost two trees because of the ash borer. Nasty little things.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:11 PM   #21
Itowair

2004 28' International CCD
Clinton Twp , Michigan
Hello Lou and friends

We will not be able to attend due to a prior commitment.

Here is a little somthing I have been kicking around since the Otisville rally.

The tune is the Gilligans Island theme song, the words speak for themselves.

Just sit right back and you’ll hear a tale
A tale of a camping trip
That started on the internet
And wound up being hip
The mate was a handy photo gal
Of the skipper we’re not sure
The trailers met in Otisville
For a three day tour, a three day tour

The weather was a bit unsure
The trailers were Airstream
We all unhooked and set up camp
And took in the scene, and took in the scene
The rally was a lot of fun the campers we’re all similes
With Argosy’s
And Airstreams too
A vintage one, with a car.
A Fu Fu Rig
Some small, some big
Here at Covenant Hills
So this is the tale of the forums folks
Who all first met online
Till Lou came up with a crazy plan
That was a real good time.
The photo gal and big Lou too
Had done their very best
To make the Metro Detroit thing
A rousing Success
With meals, and gifts and flamingos
And campfires at night
The wonderful internet date
Was one big delight
So if you get a chance my friends.
Be sure to join our crew
Just one more thing to keep in mind
Its all about LOU, Its all about LOU
Old 09-19-2005, 07:29 PM   #22
Rivet Master

Neumann, you are a scream! :)

Oh dear God!
I am almost wet myself on that one! Oh wait, I did!
Andy, you are awesome, buddy!
Please remember that it took all of us to make the Metro-Detroit Summer Rally a success!
I must admit that I was the funniest guy there!
Old 09-27-2005, 07:43 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Campfire goodies

I am getting ready to think about packing up for this Fall Impromptu. I started working on a campfire dessert to take along. Slow cooker dessert. Wonder what other goodies folks can think up for the campfire besides the traditional marshmallows and s'mores??

Our weather has shifted to the cooler days and crisp evenings here in Ohio. That should be just perfect kind of weather for a campout and campfire! I am hoping for NO rain!!

Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 11:58 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
My situation for the Rally has not cleared up yet. I wanna go to the Rally, really. But due to various factors I may instead end up at or around home doing chores that need to be done before winter sets in. If I am able to break free to attend the Fall Metro-Detroit Rally, it is most likely that I will attend alone and Lorrie will remain home attending to some family issues. I won't know either way until a couple of days before the rally, but if I was a bettin' man, I'd bet against me attending.

However, whether I attend or not, you know I'll be looking forward to a Metro-Detroit get together early next camping season.
WBCCI/VAC #6768

(Looking for a vintage 1960's fiberglass front window guard)
66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 12:33 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Lou's Crew

Sorry to hear that their is a glitch in the plan for joining all of us. We hope you find the time, but if you don't maybe you can get to the next one!!

Larry is already checking out the systems so that we will be ready. Looks like we may need a little heat by then. So he is checking out the furnace and heating strip etc.
We are looking forward to a nice Fall rally!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 09-29-2005, 06:12 AM   #26
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Hello to Lou and Fellow Lou's Crew,
We will be unable to attend this fall rally as we will be leaving for Florida and we know that everyone will have a great time. Will see everyone at next year's rally ..
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 05:46 PM   #27
Rivet Master

A sad bit of news....

Hi all,
I am sorry to be a bearer of bad news from the Patterson household.
We will be unable to attend the rally next week due to a previous committment with my Masonic Lodge.
I am terribly sorry for the late notice. I have tried all that I can to find a replacement. This was to no avail.
We will be planning other rallies that may or may not be posted on the "forums". I will be sure to keep in touch with all of the summer rally attendees to keep them abreast of the developments.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:34 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Is this rally doomed?

Sorry to hear that news about you and family, Lou!!
Now that the Pattersons are not going to make this rally, is anyone else still planning to attend?
Larry and I were planning to be there, but it is far enough away and with the gas prices as they are, we would not go that far unless several others are still planning to be there? What do you say folks?

Larry and Lou in Ohio

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2