Old 11-24-2014, 06:28 AM   #211
"The East Coast"
Commercial Member

Beaufort , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nips n Nouie View Post
We arrived home safely a few hours ago, and wanted to thank so many of you guys for wonderful time.

A fantastic setting, fantastic hosts, fantastic music, food, fabulous campers, and really, really great people all equal a perfectly wonderful time.

As we begin our renovation process, we have seen ever greater possibilities and are rethinking everything.

Julie and David, a special thank you to you both, and we cannot wait to book 2015.

David, Andrea and Grant.
David, It was a joy to meet you and your family. We're so happy you had a great time. It seems like you were very encouraged by seeing other campers and chatting with others.

Julie and I have always felt our rally should be more about the people and less about their campers. We were blown away this year by the turnout and the people's response to the weekend. Even with great food, music or even hosts, it wouldn't be anything without all of you guys!

We're talking now about next year and have considered doing it earlier. Share your thoughts guys.

http://felverdesign.com/vintage_camper_restoration

How well I have learned that there is no fence to sit on between heaven and hell. There is a deep, wide gulf, a chasm, and in that chasm is no place for any man. ~Johnny Cash
DerOstkuste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 06:52 AM   #212
2 Rivet Member

2000 35' Land Yacht XL w/2 slides
Decatur , Georgia
Earlier in November might make for better weather, but no guarantees. We will be there regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Old 11-24-2014, 11:32 AM   #213
2 Rivet Member

1967 28' Ambassador
Gatlinburg , Tennessee
What fun!
This was the first rally Kelli & I attended & will not be our last!
Props to Julie & David for putting on a very welcoming event.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:33 PM   #214
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Jacksons Gap , Alabama
We had a great time at our first visit to Hunting Island. Thanks to David and Julie for creating such a great rally. We will be back again. We met some fun and interesting people and look forward to seeing them again. I love these forum rallies, no meetings, no schedule and the opportunity to have a lot of fun. It was nice to see such a variety of Airstreams and even a few SOB's.
We did wait until about 11:00 AM to leave the park when the rain let up some. However, the rain became heavy shortly after we left the park and remained the same as we drove West on I-16. It was not good towing conditions. We parked overnight at the Warner-Robbins Walmart and arrived home this Monday afternoon.
Frank and Reba
Old 11-24-2014, 10:35 PM   #215
2 Rivet Member

1992 32' Excella
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
A Very big, huge, gigantic, colossal Thank You to everyone who came to this event! We appreciate every one of you.
Thank you to those folks that helped us pack up everything before the rain came Saturday night. Despite the weather taking a turn for the worse, I am grateful it held out until checkout. That was the worst break down I have EVER experienced. Can I get an Amen!?
Some of our friends stayed/are staying in our little town of Beaufort for a few extra days. We had the pleasure of showing them around and I must say, it was the perfect way to wrap up this weekend.
Does anyone know who took the extra pumpkins that prevented us from playing Tic-Tac-Toe?
Well I hope everyone had a safe trip home. After talking with several of you, I think we have decided on November again for next year. The weekend right before Thanksgiving. We will not be having a beach side site. Gail force winds and I don't get along!
Reserveamerica can accommodate eleven months in advance. So book earlier as this park books up quickly. It's easier to cancel/reschedule your reservation than it is to get one sometimes. So, November 20 & 21 it is!
PS We have reprimanded the rain gods and feel quite certain they won't interfere with our gathering next year. But we cannot make any guarantees.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:29 AM   #216
4 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
Cumming , Georgia
Ditto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreamNTyme View Post
So nice to participate in such a wonderful gathering with great people in such a festive atmosphere. Julie and David, thank you so much for going to extra mile to provide good food, entertainment and lots of fun at a beautiful park. A very special weekend. We look forward to next year! Thank you both! Thank you to your wonderful kids too.

Ditto on the above as I couldn't say it any better than StreamNTyme did! A sincere thanks to David and Julie for all your hard work and planning. It was great seeing and hanging with you and the kids. We enjoyed everyone...such great personalities in attendance! In addition, my apologies, as I don't know where I was when you were tearing things down Saturday evening but I should have been helping you.

Thanks for everything!

G

As someone said I think on this or another forum:
"I don't always tow a travel trailer, but when I do, I tow an Airstream or an Apache or a Coleman"...stay thirsty my friends.
StreaminGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 06:31 AM   #217
4 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
Cumming , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by egrbeav View Post
Earlier in November might make for better weather, but no guarantees. We will be there regardless.

I agree, a little earlier in November would be better for us.

Thanks, G

"I don't always tow a travel trailer, but when I do, I tow an Airstream or an Apache or a Coleman"...stay thirsty my friends.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:35 AM   #218
4 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
Cumming , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerOstkuste View Post
David, It was a joy to meet you and your family. We're so happy you had a great time. It seems like you were very encouraged by seeing other campers and chatting with others.

Julie and I have always felt our rally should be more about the people and less about their campers. We were blown away this year by the turnout and the people's response to the weekend. Even with great food, music or even hosts, it wouldn't be anything without all of you guys!

We're talking now about next year and have considered doing it earlier. Share your thoughts guys.
Well said...I agree 100%. Earlier would work much better for us. The largest automotive swap meet (Moultrie, Ga) in the SouthEast US is held this same weekend. This is the first one I've missed in years.

Thanks, G

Old 11-25-2014, 06:40 AM   #219
4 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
Cumming , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank McFee View Post
We had a great time at our first visit to Hunting Island. Thanks to David and Julie for creating such a great rally. We will be back again. We met some fun and interesting people and look forward to seeing them again. I love these forum rallies, no meetings, no schedule and the opportunity to have a lot of fun. It was nice to see such a variety of Airstreams and even a few SOB's.
We did wait until about 11:00 AM to leave the park when the rain let up some. However, the rain became heavy shortly after we left the park and remained the same as we drove West on I-16. It was not good towing conditions. We parked overnight at the Warner-Robbins Walmart and arrived home this Monday afternoon.
Frank and Reba
F & R, Glad you made it without incident. No doubt, the worst tear down we've ever had and the worst towing weather ever. It was a 7 hour tow for us and it was raining the entire way and most of the time, it was absolutely pouring. We certainly felt blessed to arrive home unscathed....and that is the honest truth.

I hope everyone made it without incident.

I think hurricane season starts about that weekend and it felt like one that morning on the beach getting ready to leave.

G

Old 11-25-2014, 06:50 AM   #220
4 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
Cumming , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvthereyet View Post
A Very big, huge, gigantic, colossal Thank You to everyone who came to this event! We appreciate every one of you.
Thank you to those folks that helped us pack up everything before the rain came Saturday night. Despite the weather taking a turn for the worse, I am grateful it held out until checkout. That was the worst break down I have EVER experienced. Can I get an Amen!?
Some of our friends stayed/are staying in our little town of Beaufort for a few extra days. We had the pleasure of showing them around and I must say, it was the perfect way to wrap up this weekend.
Does anyone know who took the extra pumpkins that prevented us from playing Tic-Tac-Toe?
Well I hope everyone had a safe trip home. After talking with several of you, I think we have decided on November again for next year. The weekend right before Thanksgiving. We will not be having a beach side site. Gail force winds and I don't get along!
Reserveamerica can accommodate eleven months in advance. So book earlier as this park books up quickly. It's easier to cancel/reschedule your reservation than it is to get one sometimes. So, November 20 & 21 it is!
PS We have reprimanded the rain gods and feel quite certain they won't interfere with our gathering next year. But we cannot make any guarantees.

Oops, I should have read all the posts before replying. Disregard my suggestions for Nov 13 & 14th as it looks like the date is already set. My counterpart at work takes his daughter a couple of states away to visit his deceased wife's family. He is usually gone these two weekends. This time he didn't leave till Sunday a couple of days ago so I managed to get off. I'll see what I can do though.

Thanks, G

Old 11-25-2014, 07:39 AM   #221
"The East Coast"
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreaminGuy View Post

Oops, I should have read all the posts before replying. Disregard my suggestions for Nov 13 & 14th as it looks like the date is already set. My counterpart at work takes his daughter a couple of states away to visit his deceased wife's family. He is usually gone these two weekends. This time he didn't leave till Sunday a couple of days ago so I managed to get off. I'll see what I can do though.

Thanks, G
Hey we can definitely look into changing it to the 2nd weekend in Nov. Will that work for the majority?

http://felverdesign.com/vintage_camper_restoration

How well I have learned that there is no fence to sit on between heaven and hell. There is a deep, wide gulf, a chasm, and in that chasm is no place for any man. ~Johnny Cash
DerOstkuste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 07:55 AM   #222
4 Rivet Member

2008 27' International FB
1999 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Marietta , Georgia
We could do either but the earlier date in November might be better for us too.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:40 AM   #223
Fulltime, 30' classic,

2006 30' Classic
green cove springs , Full-Time Airstreamers
Hiatus

Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!

Thank you Felver family.

Regardless of the date, we will do our best to be there. Charmaine and I have been to Hunting Island in early November five different times. During those visits, we typically have seen milder weather than we experienced for this rally. Our visits have usually been the first or second weekend of the month.
You never know, it might typically be mild during the entire month... Maybe we just got lucky. Anyway, that's been our experience.

By the way, Chris Paul was awesome!
Old 11-25-2014, 11:33 AM   #224
2 Rivet Member

2000 35' Land Yacht XL w/2 slides
Decatur , Georgia
Earlier works for us.