Old 10-31-2012, 09:12 AM   #1
"The East Coast"
Commercial Member

Beaufort , South Carolina
Hunting Island Hiatus 2013 - South Carolina

Julie and I would like to get a rally started at the beach here in Beaufort, SC. (Hunting Island state park). There will have to be some serious planning ahead. These sites are usually booked months in advance. If we can get an idea of who might be interested, we can start planning it for late summer / early fall 2013. So who's interested in a "Hunting Island Hiatus"? Awesome sites by the way. Right by the beach, lots of shade, pavilion, playground, bath houses, trails, wildlife up close.

Package would include two nights, two t-shirts and a gift bag - $100

Give us some input guys. The first weekend of September is the soonest that sites are available to accommodate a large group of campers together. Because this is a state park, they require full payment up front to reserve these sites. Please let me know who's interested ASAP due to the fact that these site get booked extremely fast. I am willing to bite the bullet and reserve all the sites needed if I can get a hand full of people to commit up front. Feel free to contact us for more details or advice.

http://felverdesign.com/vintage_camper_restoration

How well I have learned that there is no fence to sit on between heaven and hell. There is a deep, wide gulf, a chasm, and in that chasm is no place for any man. ~Johnny Cash
DerOstkuste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:18 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2008 27' International FB
1999 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Marietta , Georgia
We might be interested - just need a little more info before we commit. Do you know the dates yet? Also, would it be possible to just pay for the site? Not really interested in the tee- shirts or gift bag.
Thanks!

Old 10-31-2012, 09:17 PM   #3
"The East Coast"
Commercial Member

September 6 & 7, 2013 is the date and the cost of the site with tax will be $73.92. The additional $25 was to cover the 2 shirts & the gift bag filled with really cool items for fun. The sites that we are trying to book are loop 4, site 89, 91, 92, 93, 94, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 107 & 108. More sites are available, but they are scattered around the campground. We are still working out the details and are hoping for some input. If everyone would like to start booking their own sites it would be more than fine. Please keep us updated so we can keep an ongoing list. Would love for us to have music and food like we do at Hiawassee. We can scratch the shirt idea if there's no interest, but thought it would be a good souvenir for the first annual meet.

#099 - DerOstkuste (David & Julie Felver)
#101 - RVthereyet (Tom & June Felver)
#155 - WeRVtards (Greg & Michelle Felver)

How well I have learned that there is no fence to sit on between heaven and hell. There is a deep, wide gulf, a chasm, and in that chasm is no place for any man. ~Johnny Cash
Old 10-31-2012, 09:54 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
2005 25' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Athens , Georgia
Debbie and I are interested and will commit as soon as you get things going, just let us know and we will be there, look forward to being there with everyone.

Roy and Debbie
Old 11-01-2012, 07:31 AM   #5
"The East Coast"
Commercial Member

http://www.huntingisland.com/

Here's the web site for those that have never been there.

***note that the rates have increased. The web site has not been up dated***

Two nights stay with fees and tax is $73.92

Old 11-01-2012, 08:02 AM   #6
"The East Coast"
Commercial Member

#098 - WeRVtards (Greg & Michelle Felver)

Old 11-01-2012, 08:03 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
2017 30' Classic
Summerville , South Carolina
We may be interested. Too early for me to commit. Maybe you could plan this with the WBCCI Coastal unit??
Old 11-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #8
Airstream Newby

1975 25' Tradewind
Florence , South Carolina
We stayed there with our old pop up, but not this year with our Airstream. I may need to plan ahead and book something for that time. Just curious, is there a special rate if it is a group going and is there a group confirmation number? Or are we just booking on our own? I would probably plan on staying most of the week since it is just a few hours from home and one of our favorite places and didnt know if that would mess up any group rates or anything.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2008 27' International FB
1999 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Marietta , Georgia
Brad and I just booked site 97 for September 6th, 7th and 8th. Looking forward to it!

Karen and Brad
Old 11-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #10
Refurbished 89 Excella

Sugar Valley , Georgia
Dave.....Susan and I stayed there perhaps 10 years ago and would really love to make this event. Is there someplace where a map of the camp sites are posted to be able to "check" them out? We had a spot right on the beach and it was great. For old time sake perhpas would love to do it again.........Is the loop you are talking about over on the dump station side?............God bless.......Dennis
DKDarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:12 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
David & Julie

Thanks for organizing the rally. I have always wanted to go to this campground. It is too early for me to commit, but I would like to try to go, so put me down as a maybe.

Dan
Old 11-02-2012, 06:56 AM   #12
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Carolina Low Country , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hank View Post
We may be interested. Too early for me to commit. Maybe you could plan this with the WBCCI Coastal unit??
We would definitely loved to do Hunting w all as it is close to us. Unfortunately our mo. rallies are always the 1st wknd of the month and our schedule has already been set. We traditionally go to Santee SP in Sept.

If you would consider a different wknd some of our unit would like to join you. We certainly would have come.

Kate
SC Coastal unit 150
Old 11-02-2012, 07:14 AM   #13
"The East Coast"
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDarrow
Dave.....Susan and I stayed there perhaps 10 years ago and would really love to make this event. Is there someplace where a map of the camp sites are posted to be able to "check" them out? We had a spot right on the beach and it was great. For old time sake perhpas would love to do it again.........Is the loop you are talking about over on the dump station side?............God bless.......Dennis
Dennis, great to hear from you! It will be wonderful to see you guys. You can navigate through www.huntingisland.com to see the map or go to www.reserveamerica.com to view and book. The area is (loop 4), but theres lots of other great spots throughout the campground if you don't care for the area we selected. It's a state park so they don't do group rates or rally discounts, but it's a great place to camp. We're trying to keep an ongoing list of reserved spots so everyone interested can see what's been taken by other folks here on the forum.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:16 AM   #14
"The East Coast"
Commercial Member

#097 - karenjude (Brad & Karen)
#098 - WeRVtards (Greg & Michelle Felver)