Old 03-22-2004, 12:20 PM   #15
Airstream Driver

1997 30' Excella
1983 31' Airstream310
Austin , Texas
Re: Door Prize

Quote:
Originally posted by MikenLora
My door prize is wrapped in pink !!! .........
Hmmm, trying to pull a Mary? Sorry, but the rules have changed. If your name gets drawn for your own door prize, it goes back in the hat....No more bringing expensive and awesome gifts and taking them home yourself

AIR #13
PeterH-Airstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 03:29 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic
Pattison , Texas
Door Prize/ Bluebonnets

Drove west this morning to the AS dealer in San Antonio. Bluebonnets are out nicely! Ought to be a perfect weekend to get to see them!!!
I will try to keep my greedy little mitts off the door prizes. At least when everyone is looking!
Lora

Old 03-24-2004, 08:37 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Brewery Tour

The Shiner Brewery is only a few (Texas few) miles from the campsite. There is a tour lined up at 4:00 on Friday at the Brewery.

Hope to see you there. I should be rolling into the campground about noon thirty.

Shiner Beer

What a huge amount of history in Gonzales!!

Gonzales

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 12:04 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

Austin , Texas
We'll be there. Making reservations right after I post this. We plan on arriving Friday evening. Looking forward to seeing you all - maybe us youngsters will make it out of the trailer before 10am this time. :-)

Also, does anyone that's coming have a rivet shaver that I can borrow? Would ship it back in a week or so via 2nd day air right after I finished up with it. They're just so damn expensive I hate to go buy one just to shave 10 rivets.

Thanks,

Joe & Karen
Old 03-24-2004, 12:27 PM   #19
Airstream Driver

1997 30' Excella
1983 31' Airstream310
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Barkingspider
Also, does anyone that's coming have a rivet shaver that I can borrow?....
Joe & Karen
I will bring mine.

Here is the link to the Lake Wood Recreation Area website, with directions and a map.
AIR #13
PeterH-Airstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 01:39 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member

1984 31' Limited
1983 31' Airstream310
Austin , Texas
Re: Brewery Tour

Quote:
Originally posted by 87MH

What a huge amount of history in Gonzales!!

Gonzales
Come and Take IT
The Battle cry in old Gonzales , you've maybe seen the flag with the cannon a star and the words Come and Take IT. It refers to a canon the Mexican goverment gave the DeWitt colonist to defend themselves against the Indians. When it looked like they might use it instead against Mexico in the coming rebellin, they asked for it back. Come and Take It was the answer!
There is indeed lots of history there, they have a recreated pioneer town, that may be open, and a really nice downtown with a great courthouse whose clock is said to be cursed to never tell the right time, I can't recall who cursed it anyone remember?
Old 03-24-2004, 02:36 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

shiner beer tour

Dang! We won't be able to get to Gonzales till Saturday... another beer tour missed! Being a dedicated Shiner Bock beer drinker from waaaaay back, I feel like I probably paid for a part of the factory, would have been nice to inspect it. Mike
Old 03-25-2004, 07:47 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1990 34.5' Airstream 345
Austin , Texas
Gonzales gathering

Sorry to report that I can't make to Gonzales this weekend.
The Airstream is going in for repairs this weekend - adding a Gear Vendors overdrive and if time allows- the wiper arm conversion that Bob McKeown had described in another thread, plus a few other odds and ends.
I'll be watching for the next gathering - but I'll be there in spirit. Lot's of really beautiful historic homes in Gonzales - ya'll have fun.
David
Old 03-25-2004, 07:59 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

Won't be able to make any more events with you all as some already know we have the 345 M/H up for sale, selling some of my toys as I'm getting back in the bar business. It's been great fun getting to know you all, your really a great group and maybe we can drive down for a future get together for a day ! If anyone knows anyone looking for a 1986 345 pm me and I can send photo's. Take care all and maybe we can do a happy hour in the new bar in San Antonio some weekend !
Texas Unit 9
TexasStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 11:19 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

1984 31' Limited
1983 31' Airstream310
Austin , Texas
happy hour

Hey Scott, We are sorry to hear you are leaving our little campfire, but who knows when your bar takes off you may find yourself with another Airstream.
Love the idea of happy hour at the club will you have a parking lot with full hook ups so we don''t have to drive back to the campground? hmmm not a bad idea
ya'all stay in touch ! let you know if we hear of a buyer,.
Lora and I will miss your door prizes especially!
I think we both had hopes of winning and antique Tiffany lamp or something
retro like a Juke Box

.......okay gotta run the Airstream is packed except for the us, we'll be leaving before noon tomorrow, see the rest of you there
Old 03-26-2004, 09:29 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

Friday Night

I'm attempting to make reservations for Friday night only. I'm on the way south to POC and this will make a break in the schedule. Karen is in SA for the weekend but may be able to drive over for a little time as it's a bit closer than going back to Austin to spend the night and then returning to SA for more classes on Sat.
Old 03-28-2004, 03:32 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic
Pattison , Texas
Home Again

What a fun trip in a great park. We loved all the green grass and those wonderful trees. Looking forward to the next get together. Thanks Lora
Old 03-29-2004, 11:51 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member

I don't know if the rest of you folks noticed as you traveled on Friday/Sat but the wind was up. I logged about 8 MPG on my way to the coast Sat. morning. Of course I did significantly better than average as I headed home Sunday. I guess until the gas prices come down I need to drive with the wind wherever I go. Nice seeing everyone if even for a brief time. And to Barkingspider - yes we were there also and ya'll get an alarm clock in the next draw.
Old 03-29-2004, 01:44 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member

We had a great time in Gonzales, loved the park, especially the laid back atmosphere there. Lots of grass in a shady pecan grove next to the river, a perfect place to relax and visit with friends. For us it was a great way to procrastinate, delay our packing and getting ready for the upcoming move, when given the choice of unpleasant chores or camping with an Airstream Forum group, I'll take camping any day. Mike and Becky