Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 06:37 PM   #43
1 Rivet Member

Soddy Daisy , Tennessee
Hello guys, Cyndi here, what are yall trying to talk me into????? I will think about this rally, and research it, and check out pictures and stories.....I will let Jason know what I think by this weekend......but good job at helping , Kposey and Pluff are right on top of things, I wouldnt mind meeting yall.....

and he did a good job at dinner......

Old 01-12-2006, 06:59 PM   #44
aka buckwheat's wife...

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Hendersonville , North Carolina
*laughs*

*turns to Kposey and gives a ^5*
Good job. Good job.

And a good job to Jason, too.

Okay Cyndi, I'll go ahead and pencil you in for dinner.
(How is the pressure tactic working?)
Looking forward to see ya'll there!
If you follow the link that ALANSD provided in
the very first post of this thread, you'll find
an 800 number to call and make your reservation.

"I find that it is not the circumstances in which we are placed, but the spirit in which we face them, that constitutes our comfort."
-Elizabeth T. King
Old 01-12-2006, 08:14 PM   #45
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
Danielsville , Georgia
PizzaChop Family Attendance In Question

Alan, Kathy, and All,

I have recently assumed the management duties of my Athens store (the newer one) and have been pretty deep in pizza responsibilities. This, of course, has seriously impacted my Airstream remodeling plans. I am currently putting the finishing touches on the Overlander so that it can be up for sale by the end of this month. (Brenda is not up for another camping trip in it, given our current number of children. The Sovereign has a bit of work to be done to it (understatement) before we can camp in it.)

I am really hoping that maybe we can pull it off (the kids would have a blast at the lake and we could bring our new pedal boat) but am not sure if we can do it. I've hired some more help and hopefully will have them trained soon. I really hate to miss this one, but I'm going to wait on making reservations.

We'll keep you posted.....

I
Old 01-16-2006, 08:10 AM   #46
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1975 27' Overlander
Chattanooga , Tennessee
So Jason, what did she say????? Is she up for camping????

Pizzachop, I hope ya'll can pull it off. It's a really pretty lake...and you can't miss the pickin' & grinnin'. We need a fiddle player!!!!
Air #2757
1989 SquareStream (Annie #8)
Old 01-16-2006, 08:17 AM   #47
1 Rivet Member

Soddy Daisy , Tennessee
Talking

Okay good news, Cyndi has agreed, she said Kposey and Pluff sounded like good people along with Alan and the Chaplin, said she wouldnt mind haning out with all of yall either, and i know that there are more than just the 4 of yall......so we are going to see if we can both take time from work and hopefully we can.....so I will let you know after we find that out, so just to make sure when is it again???the 21st right
Old 01-16-2006, 08:55 AM   #48
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Great news Hickson family. My wife and I will be there to greet you. This will be our first rally outside of the frigid north so we are really looking forward to it. We keep Chummy stocked with toys, I guess after my years as a chaplain in a children's hospital I still love being around children. If it is during a school break our grandson will be with us.
Once again looking forward to seeing you.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:47 AM   #49

1975 27' Overlander
Chattanooga , Tennessee
You've got the date right. It is April 21-23. Looking forward to seeing you there!
Air #2757
Old 01-16-2006, 10:56 AM   #50
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by kposey
Like Netta said, we plan to take the trailer on Thursday afternoon.
Kathy,
I'll leave sometime Thursday morning. See you there. I just made my online reservation.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
Old 01-17-2006, 08:56 AM   #51
Sea, Sun, Streams

NW Georgia , august 7th - stubborn Leo
[quote=HicksonFmly]well we love to eat....and meet new people, my wife Cyndi is just still debating if we should with our 3 year old son, Brandon She has never been camping before, like I did as a child with my Grandfather, so if I could just get her out there.......

Kposey you said you live in East Ridge? We live out in Soddy Daisy, we are thinking about buying some land and starting a little farming, I know Brandon would love horses,

well I will see what the family can do about getting off and going it sure does sound exciting, you've got me convience now just get Cyndi on the same page and we are GOOD TO GO!!!

Tell Cyndi she and the boy will both love it. I'm hoping my son, daughter-in-law and 2 yr old granddaughter will make it - at least for a day!
I live on the Georgia side about 30 miles from Soddy. We have a small pleasure farm (meaning property and animals we sink $$$ into - tee hee) If you're wanting farm land in these parts - better do it fast - neighborhoods are popping up all over the place. Thankfully we're situated in the center of our property. No one can move close to us! The kids love it. Posey loves it!!! Hope to meet ya'll there.
And yes, Chaplain, there will be a jug! Of course we'll serve Bleu Cheese stuffed olives with our jug!
Old 01-18-2006, 04:20 PM   #52
1 Rivet Member

Soddy Daisy , Tennessee
good/sorrda not good news

Hey guys, I have some good/ bad news, well it is really all good news, okay, well my cousin calls me last night and he is getting married on the 22nd of April, and has asked me to be his best man, so we have to fly to Nebraska to be in his wedding, so we wont be able to make this rally, I am thrilled about my Cousin FINALLY marrying his girlfriend, after 3 years of dating, and asking me to be is best man is the best honor ever.....and Cyndi was excited about meeting everyone, and all the children that would be there for Brandon to play with....she was even going to ask my Sister-In-Law if we could take her son, David with us.....are there anymore rally's near the area soon that we could go too..... Wish me luck, I hope I dont pass out.....Kposey and Pluff, and Alan and Chaplin, and Nana, and everyone else I may have left out, Thank you all for welcoming me and my family with open arms, I hope everyone that is wanting to can attend this rally and i hope that all of yall have a very safe trip.....let me know when the next one is

THANK YOU ALL FOR EVERYTHING and we cant wait to hook up with you
Old 01-19-2006, 08:10 AM   #53

1975 27' Overlander
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Hickson Family, sorry you won't be with us, but happy for your cousin. We have rallies in the spring and fall, so you haven't completely missed out. Watch the forums for information on upcoming rallies. In the meantime, there are some good places to go around here. Fall Creek Falls is a good place that is close to home. Lots of activities for the kiddies too! Harrison Bay has stuff for the kids. Those would be good close places for Cyndi to "get her feet wet" so to speak.
Air #2757
Old 01-19-2006, 10:00 AM   #54
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Glad for you, but sorry you can't make or event. I pick weekends when there are many who have other things come up. But there are only so many weekends to choose from

Made my two night reservaiton so i am set, hopefully I can find a good spot when I get there friday- which probably will be about 6:30 or so as my younger one doesn't get home from school until 4.
Somebody park their truck on an empty good spot near ya and act like you don't know whose truck it is. ( sheesh what campground etiquette!)
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Our AIRSTREAM and TIN CAN TOURIST Rallys
Old 01-19-2006, 11:11 AM   #55
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANSD
Somebody park their truck on an empty good spot near ya and act like you don't know whose truck it is. ( sheesh what campground etiquette!)
I thought a lawn chair was the international symbol for reserved spot

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
Old 01-19-2006, 01:28 PM   #56
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
[quote=HicksonFmly]Hey guys, I have some good/ bad news, well it is really all good news, okay, well my cousin calls me last night and he is getting married on the 22nd of April, and has asked me to be his best man, so we have to fly to Nebraska to be in his wedding, so we wont be able to make this rally,"

Why not talk your cousin into coming down to Georgia and I'll officiate the ceremony at the rally! Beautiful scenery, outdoor wedding, dogwoods in bloom and a Northern preacher, what more could they ask for?

Closed Thread