Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 05:38 PM   #29
1 Rivet Member

Soddy Daisy , Tennessee
New Here

Hello everyone, I am new here, I just inherited an airstream from my Grandfather, who passed away last year, I remember sleeping in it when I use to stay with him and my Grandmother, it was my "home away from home" so to speak. I have been researching this forum, and I think the rally might be something that the family can do together,(that's the idea anyway) could someone, please just explain to me how this rally runs, and if it is something my family and I might enjoy doing.....if yall dont mind, I have never been to one, but I saw pictures that were posted on the site of some rally's.....it looks like friends and family having a good time....I live in TN, and might try and make this rally if the Mrs. wants to go....but I could use yalls help in talking her into it ....well thank you in advance for your help...
HicksonFmly

Old 01-11-2006, 10:54 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Dear Hicksonfmly,
I am sorry to hear of your grandfather's passing. He was a very intelligent man to have purchased an Airstream and then to have the foresight to will it to his grandchild. You are a lucky and fortunate person.
Rallies are a get together of people of like minds and interests. Though I have never been to this one in Georgia I am guessing that it will not be too much different from the others we have attended. Click on my web site and read the article on the vintage rally in Minnesota and that should give you a better idea of what goes on at a rally. I am also certain that someone who has been at this rally will answer you as to what will go on here.
I look forward to meeting you. Besides a good time this will be a great opportunity to learn about your new travel trailer.

Old 01-12-2006, 06:28 AM   #31
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Yes do come if you can, you will find that we are a fun low key group, that will answer any questions or problems you might have with your Airstream as well as try to eat as much as we can and as often!! All this while picking and singing.
Seriously though if you are able to make it you are very welcome.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Our AIRSTREAM and TIN CAN TOURIST Rallys
Old 01-12-2006, 07:13 AM   #32
1 Rivet Member

Soddy Daisy , Tennessee
well thank you all for welcoming us with open arms, I am even more excited about it now then before, I hope that we can all get off and go, I will discuss it with the Mrs.....and I cant wait to meet everyone.....
Old 01-12-2006, 07:18 AM   #33
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1975 27' Overlander
Chattanooga , Tennessee
I hope you do come. I live in East Ridge. We are going on our 3rd year for this rally and have lots of fun. It is low key, like Alan said. We play games, eat, pick and grin, eat, do some hiking, eat, get to know each other, and did I say eat??? Depending on the place we go, we will take the canoes for everyone to play in. Ron got his kids a paddle boat for Christmas. I hope they make it. It will be a good place for the kids to play with the paddle boat. On Saturday night, everyone brings a dish for dinner. That's about the only "planned" activity for the weekend. The only promises are great people, great new places to explore and fun to be had by all!
Air #2757
1989 SquareStream (Annie #8)
Old 01-12-2006, 07:32 AM   #34
1 Rivet Member

Soddy Daisy , Tennessee
well we love to eat....and meet new people, my wife Cyndi is just still debating if we should with our 3 year old son, Brandon She has never been camping before, like I did as a child with my Grandfather, so if I could just get her out there.......

Kposey you said you live in East Ridge? We live out in Soddy Daisy, we are thinking about buying some land and starting a little farming, I know Brandon would love horses,

well I will see what the family can do about getting off and going it sure does sound exciting, you've got me convience now just get Cyndi on the same page and we are GOOD TO GO!!!
Old 01-12-2006, 07:57 AM   #35
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1975 27' Overlander
Chattanooga , Tennessee
PizzaChop, where are you? You and your family are coming to this rally, aren't you? Ron and Brenda bring their 7 children. They range in age from 1 year to 13. So, Brandon will have other children to play with if they come. They also own some property with horses not far from us. This will give Cyndi and Brandon a great opportunity to see how families manage home away from home. Like you, my parents always took us kids camping and those are some of the best memories from my childhood. PM me if you want to talk in person before the rally. I'll be glad to help you to "encourage" Cyndi!
Air #2757
1989 SquareStream (Annie #8)
Old 01-12-2006, 08:42 AM   #36
1 Rivet Member

Soddy Daisy , Tennessee
Wink

well thank you for the offer, if my conviencing doesnt work, I may just need you.....I think she will go for it, she is a wonderful mother, she just worries a little sometimes, I thought I was going to have to pay her to get a baby sitter when he was 2 just so we could go out for the evening.....but she got passed it when we did go out and nothing happend to him, and we got home and he had all 10 fingers and toes, so now she is a little less, paranoid and tends to do more with him, I am with you this could be a great chance for them to see how other families work camping into thier normal everyday lives, and then maybe she will be more perceptive to it.....well if I need you, you will be the first to know....I already feel like this group is a family.....and that just makes my conviencing all that much eaiser
Old 01-12-2006, 08:45 AM   #37
aka buckwheat's wife...

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Hendersonville , North Carolina
Mother of 4, here.

I think if Cyndi goes one time...she'll be hooked. *s*
That's just my opinion, though.
It'll be good for Brandon.
I know I can't wait to get there.

"I find that it is not the circumstances in which we are placed, but the spirit in which we face them, that constitutes our comfort."
-Elizabeth T. King
Old 01-12-2006, 09:03 AM   #38
1 Rivet Member

Soddy Daisy , Tennessee
So Pluff, you take your 4 children and everything is fine?.....I only ask so that when I get home tonight and show Cyndi this forum, she will see that others take their children as well, I have to make sure I cover everything, I read something on here about paddleboats and canoes, that sounds like fun, I guess I need to go out and buy a life jacket small enough for Brandon.....I am so excited.....I cant wait to talk Cyndi into it.....
Old 01-12-2006, 09:19 AM   #39
aka buckwheat's wife...

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Hendersonville , North Carolina
Whew!

Hickson- I started to post my response here but I just went on and on and on. Decided to send it as a message instead. *s*
Don't want to waste everyone's time reading my ramblings.
We could not even consider going down the road without the kids!
They would never forgive us!

"I find that it is not the circumstances in which we are placed, but the spirit in which we face them, that constitutes our comfort."
-Elizabeth T. King
Old 01-12-2006, 10:25 AM   #40
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
we have been Airstreaming now for a little over 4 years. On our first trip out my wife was in tears, worried about how the "old thing" was gong to make it...to Southwest Florida and back. The trip was smooth sailing and we have enjoyed many, many since then. I bring my kids too, although the older one who is now 18, is too cool for this stuff...at least for now.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Our AIRSTREAM and TIN CAN TOURIST Rallys
Old 01-12-2006, 03:20 PM   #41
1 Rivet Member

Soddy Daisy , Tennessee
Thumbs up Wish me luck

Well wish me luck, I am fixing to leave the office and head for the house, and when I get there....around the dinner table, I plan on mentioning this rally to my wife.... thanks to pluff and Kposey, for all the great matrial I am fixing to use......
Old 01-12-2006, 04:28 PM   #42
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
HicksonFmly,
I am attaching a picture of a group of kids playing at the a rally last year. The little guy in the red coat is my three year old grandson and traveling buddy. The rally was held at the Wisconsin Dells in May so that's why we are dressed in coats.
Good luck at dinner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dells Rally 002.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	17590  

Closed Thread