Old 04-18-2005, 07:57 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Georgia April Rally

a success! our weekend in the mountains at Lake Chatuge's GA Mountain campground was terrific. A smaller group than we have had due to many last minute cancellations, but a whole lot of fun and relaxation.
The campground was gorgeous...lake front and view sites, on a large and beautiful lake surrounded by the Blue Ridge.
We enjoyed our fellowship, and much Airstream talk and advice, while partaking in some great shared food and drink, and later three guitars and a dobro playing and singing under the stars.
Thanks to Kathy and friends for bringing the canoes which the kids especially enjoyed, and to Levon who conducted an impromptu polishing class using Lee and Joseph's new Cyclo.
Pictures of that are on the photo site.
Hope to do it again and will soon post a poll to help choose from some mentioned campgrounds for a Fall (October) get together.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	April Rally 011.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	11623   Click image for larger version

Name:	April Rally 010.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	11624  

AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Our AIRSTREAM and TIN CAN TOURIST Rallys
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 11:54 AM   #2
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Becki and I had a great time with the kids. They really enjoyed the canoe and the lake. We really enjoyed the potluck dinner and the music (at least I got to listen to it, poor Becki was busiy trying to dry Jonathan's shoes in the bath house after he got in the lake).

We are really looking forward to our first week end rally when we get our new Safari. We already have plans for a camping trip the week end of 10/21 when she and the kids get a long week end from school, but count us in for a fall rally if you all want to do it again on one of the other October week ends.

All the way home we talked about what a great afternoon we spent with everyone and how great it was to see Sue, Kathy, Craig, and everyone else again. We are already making plans to attend the next get together! As soon as I can download the photos I took, I'll post some of them either to this thread or in the gallery.

Old 04-18-2005, 12:36 PM   #3
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1975 27' Overlander
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Great Time!

It was great to see everyone again for such a wonderful weekend. We could'nt have asked for better weather, music and fellowship! It was especially good to see all the new folks, 6 week old Madeleine and her family, Cactus and David and Kathy. Welcome! Glad everyone had the opportunity to get out in the canoes and all the kids (big and small!) had fun. Can't wait to see Minnie's Mate's new Safari in the fall.

I'll let everyone know when I get the pictures developed. (Yes, I still have the old fashioned kind!)
Air #2757
1989 SquareStream (Annie #8)
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 12:45 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
here is a shot taken at the Rally of our recent newlyweds with the copy opf AS Life that has their photo inside.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	April Rally 005.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	11633  
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Our AIRSTREAM and TIN CAN TOURIST Rallys
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 10:24 AM   #5
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1975 27' Overlander
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Pictures!

I have posted some pictures from our rally in the photo files. They are listed under GA Mtn Fairgrounds under 2005 Rallies. We got some good pictures and I had copies made. PM your addresses and I will be glad to send them to you! I got pictures of everyone!
Air #2757
1989 SquareStream (Annie #8)
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote