McKinney Campground 4 36.36%
GA Mountain Fair Campground 7 63.64%
somewhere else!! 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-19-2006, 08:43 AM   #253
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Let's make the berets red...after all, the WBCCI has red numbers and blue berets, so if we have blue numbers logic says we should have red berets!

WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 03:53 PM   #254
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
1968 30' Sovereign
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Mosheim , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Silverhobby
Get This New Guy Interested in Rally

Hi Group,
Looks like this is shaping up to be a great rally. I have never attended a forums rally and I am so looking forward to putting real names with faces.
I just spoke with MITCHELL who posted early on this thread. He is still undecided whether or not to come to the rally. I told him if he was only available for the day on Saturday that he would be welcomed to join in and visit the group. His business is involved with custom components so check out:

www.racecoaches.com

Maybe he can hook us up with some inexpensive upgrades for our Airstream trailers.
A private message of encouragement might be the invitation he needs.
Kevin

Old 09-19-2006, 07:03 PM   #255
Addicted to Aluminum

1959 18' "Footer"
1964 24' Tradewind
1954 29' Liner
Woodstock , Georgia
anyone else blinging?

i keep forgetting to ask, is anyone else blinging up their little tin can homes away from home? i started on "Shotgun" this afternoon, more to drown out the sound of a crying baby (ours). hey, i'm multi-tasking! ha! i'm hoping to make it all the way around the trailer before the rally. still need to get the inteli-power installed, too... and the fridge, time permitting.

one good thing about a rally... it's like a line in the sand. makes all those "when i can get to it" projects move to the front burner. we need to have MORE of these. i have a bathroom to finish! haha!

jp

• • •
• • • • •
8576 • • • • • • • •
there's always room for one more!
A-Merry-Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:12 PM   #256
3 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 28
Vintage Kin Owner
Anderson , South Carolina
I just got finished putting the "final"touches on our range. Black and grey primer are not the most appealing interior colors. Hope to have our water heater fixed and the furnace checked before we leave out. We are bringing a sample of material we are using to reupholster our couches and the color swatches for the new curtains. This winter it is all about the interior. Next fall we start polishing. Any one bringing spare/extra parts to swap? We have a few including a sink I bought off of eBay not the same size and not sure if we want to put it in now.

is it October yet?!?!?!?!?!?!
"We've got PBS minds in a MTV world" J.B.
GoNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:15 PM   #257
Addicted to Aluminum

1959 18' "Footer"
1964 24' Tradewind
1954 29' Liner
Woodstock , Georgia
if it was a 64 rear sink, i'd be interested for sure! most of my extra parts are long gone. i still have an original 64 water heater, but it needs a little work.

jp

• • •
• • • • •
8576 • • • • • • • •
Old 09-19-2006, 07:39 PM   #258
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
I got my new insert rubrail and beltline trim ( Bulldog colors) also stripes. Finishing up inside, new curtains and so on. Going to a shake down overnighter at McKinney in a week. It will be our first tow in. Yikes.
As for berets,,,I vote ball caps. Maybe we could actually get some made up if this twice a year thing keeps on growing. I still wear my shirt from the first ever Forums Rally at Mystic Springs.
Anyone bringing a cyclo? We had one at the last ge together. Also bring whatever special polishes waxes, and such you use that you can show everyone else. If you want to. I enjoy seeing and sharing that kind of info.
Lastly IS ANYONE ELSE BRINGING A GUITAR, MANDOLIN, BANJO, FIDDLE ANYTHING??? let's hear from ya. I bring my 6 string and a small amp.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:59 PM   #259
Rivet Master

Marietta , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Merry-Can
i keep forgetting to ask, is anyone else blinging up their little tin can homes away from home? i started on "Shotgun" this afternoon, more to drown out the sound of a crying baby (ours). hey, i'm multi-tasking! ha! i'm hoping to make it all the way around the trailer before the rally. still need to get the inteli-power installed, too... and the fridge, time permitting.

one good thing about a rally... it's like a line in the sand. makes all those "when i can get to it" projects move to the front burner. we need to have MORE of these. i have a bathroom to finish! haha!

jp
My attitude is that our AS is blinged up when a) it is hooked to my TV, and b) it is moving more than 1 mph out of our driveway going somewhere.

You guys will love our AS - not a damn thing has been done to it, and not a damn thing is anticipated. Does that make me a bad person?
2014 Ford F250 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley Hitch
WBCCI #1271

travelwiththeslowskys.com
nilesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:02 PM   #260
RivetAddict

1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Louisville , Kentucky
I'll bring a cyclo and buffer and some of my "secret" polish. Also have a NuTone to trade or sell.
swebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:57 AM   #261
Addicted to Aluminum

1959 18' "Footer"
1964 24' Tradewind
1954 29' Liner
Woodstock , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANSD
IS ANYONE ELSE BRINGING A GUITAR, MANDOLIN, BANJO, FIDDLE ANYTHING??? let's hear from ya. I bring my 6 string and a small amp.
i can bring pyrotechnics, if you're putting on a rock show?

jp

• • •
• • • • •
8576 • • • • • • • •
Old 09-20-2006, 07:38 AM   #262
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
LOL!.. We have had a number of pickers in the last rallies, so we usually jam out after the Saturday meal thing, some Eagles, old Buffet, ya know.
anyway it may be just me. But its still fun.
Last Tom Pizzachop ( Ron) and his 12 year old daughter played also, she played violin, he does guitar. we also had Josepph and Leemo who are both bluegrass players...not my style but i can play some of that. Either way if the weather cooperates its gonna be a great couple of days..
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Our AIRSTREAM and TIN CAN TOURIST Rallys
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 07:39 AM   #263
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilesrob
My attitude is that our AS is blinged up when a) it is hooked to my TV, and b) it is moving more than 1 mph out of our driveway going somewhere.

You guys will love our AS - not a damn thing has been done to it, and not a damn thing is anticipated. Does that make me a bad person?
well with a 2005 what does it need other than an occasional wash and vaccuming??? We should all be so lucky.Want some floor rot for practice?
AIR #005
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Old 09-20-2006, 07:45 AM   #264
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
I plan to bring my Cyclo and BRAND NEW DEWALT COMPOUNDER (ahhhhh the wonder of the internet at sea - there goes all my overtime).

You will have to protect all the corning windows in the camp ground if you have me sing. That can get expensive. The last time I hit a high note was when I had a rouge wave crash over me in the Barents Sea - sounded like Cher.

Yep, hope to get all you experts in polishing to give me lessons. Don't worry, I'll shedule all of you with a time and location on the Caravel so that there will be plenty of time for each to pass on his or her experience with polishing while I watch and learn.........
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 10:18 AM   #265
2 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
Columbia , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANSD
well with a 2005 what does it need other than an occasional wash and vaccuming??? We should all be so lucky.Want some floor rot for practice?
I am with you and when I read his quote I was asking the same thing. I have not been in a 34' AS yet. Can't wait to see the inside. As for floor rot and I agree with A-Merry Can, I have a few projects since we just bought ours a few months ago, it is a lot cheaper than Brad's I am sure but I enjoy fixing things and making them new again.

1. Floor rot
2. Have the heater checked out
3. Have the Onan Generator overhauled
4. New carpet and VCT floor installed
That’s just the beginning!
Polishing has not even crossed my mind!

Any way I am looking forward to seeing this polishing machine and what works. One of the previous owners of our rig has messed it up trying to polish it.
McLogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:29 AM   #266
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
do we have your site listed for this Rally? I will add you to our list.
I suspect once a cyclo comes out there will be a lot of panels to "practice " on. I know I have a few. I will bring some Liquid Glass for folks to try out.
Also after reading the coffee thread that was posted, I look forward to sharing and sampling with those that are into that too.
One couple at a recent rally was big on instant coffee...did not know anyone still liked that stuff..just mhop

AIR #005
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM