Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-29-2005, 08:23 AM   #1
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Forum rally in September Fort Desoto in St. Petersburg

Okay, we are planning a forum rally September 22-24 in Fort Desoto Campground, in Fort Desoto county park, in Pinellas County (St. Petersburg). Camping fees are $25/night. We are trying to keep everyone together, so are starting with area #2, which allows pets, so our forum members with 4 legged friends can attend. Here is the URL for the campground, so reservations can be made online. http://www.pinellascounty.org/park/05_Ft_DeSoto.htm

Sites in area #2 are #139-164. There are many available, but they are going faster than an ice cube in Miami. I had trouble starting this thread, so more info will be listed in the next post.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:32 AM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Things to do, places to go

There are several things to do in the park, such as hiking, swimming, fishing, bicycling, and touring the old fort.
Outside-the-park activities include the Dali Museum, the International Museum, and The Pier, all downtown in St. Petersburg.
The campground has 30 amp electric, water, and a dump station. There are several places nearby to get food, fuel (gas, diesel, and propane), and supplies.
There were more things than this on my original post, but they got lost when the forum dumped my new thread, I will try to re-post them as I remember them.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:35 AM   #3
Remember Burma Shave!

2006 19' Safari
2000 25' Safari
1985 25' Sovereign
Fort Myers , SW.Florida
Cool Count me in ...

I'm in ... # 148, Area #2, section #5. 23 - 25 September 2005!

Come one, come all ... See everybody there.
NORM #3305

"... there is nothing you can't fix yourself ...
... if you're handy ...
... with a check book! ..."
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 09:04 AM   #4
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
Okay, we are planning a forum rally September 23-25 in Fort Desoto Campground, in Fort Desoto county park, in Pinellas County (St. Petersburg). Camping fees are $25/night. We are trying to keep everyone together, so are starting with area #2, which allows pets, so our forum members with 4 legged friends can attend. Here is the URL for the campground, so reservations can be made online. http://www.pinellascounty.org/park/05_Ft_DeSoto.htm

Sites in area #2 are #139-164. There are many available, but they are going faster than an ice cube in Miami. I had trouble starting this thread, so more info will be listed in the next post.
Well, for whatever reason, Pinellas county's calendar is off by a day, so we have to change our reservations to the 22-24 of September. I live for this stuff.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:07 AM   #5
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
I am in site 145 for Friday and Sat night 9/23 & 24

See ya all there!
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 09:41 AM   #6
Remember Burma Shave!

2006 19' Safari
2000 25' Safari
1985 25' Sovereign
Fort Myers , SW.Florida
Interesting Observation ... Rally is from 22 - 24 September 2005

I have also made an interesting observation on the parks web site.

The calender set up has both Sat & Sun on the right columns, where, if I am not mistaken , the rest of the world (as we know it) places Sunday in the left side column.

Therefore, I am actually reserved 22 - 24 September 2005.
NORM #3305

... if you're handy ...
Old 06-29-2005, 09:44 AM   #7
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Rivet Directions

If you are driving in from outside the immediate area, I will give I-75 as a reference point.
Coming from North, exit I-75 at the exit for I-275, Tampa-St. Petersburg exit. Continue South on I-275 through Tampa, though St. Petersburg, to the Pinellas Bayway/ 54 Ave. South exit. Go West on Pinellas Bayway to Isla Del Sol, turn South at the traffic light, onto SR 679 . Continue to Fort Desoto Park, turn right into the campground, the ranger station and check-in is on the right, next to the camp store.
From the South, Take I-75 North to I-275 North/ Sunshine Skyway exit. Cross Sunshine Skyway Bridge, exit at Pinellas Bayway/54 Ave. South exit. West on Pinellas Bayway to SR 679, South to park.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:44 AM   #8
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
This will be my view in the morning when I wake up and look out the bedroom windows......

WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

Old 06-29-2005, 11:48 AM   #9
Southern Comfort

Ill Be There!!!

Hey Terry, this worked out good, we just spoke of meeting up. You can count me in. I just reserved site 143 I'll be arriving Friday 23 in a.m. Looking forward to putting faces with the forum.

Ray
Southern Comfort
Ray Pena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 11:49 AM   #10
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Likewise, this will be the view from our bathroom:
If you can't read that small print, that is space #152.
Attached Images

Old 06-29-2005, 11:53 AM   #11
Remember Burma Shave!

2006 19' Safari
2000 25' Safari
1985 25' Sovereign
Fort Myers , SW.Florida
I guess my site is smaller ... well just me & the dog

Anyway, we like our privacy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	148_big.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	13085  
NORM #3305

... if you're handy ...
Old 06-29-2005, 11:54 AM   #12
Southern Comfort

Hey Brett, are bringing your big doggie, er horse? I look forward to picking your brain as I have a 78' Argosy 28 and I will bring 2 of my boxers, all 4 would be too much.

Ray
Southern Comfort
Old 06-29-2005, 11:58 AM   #13
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Pena
Hey Brett, are bringing your big doggie, er horse? I

I wish I could, Sadly he has been playing at the big dog park in the sky for almost 3 years. I still miss him.....

I will be happy to impart my collective wisdom, but we will need to start early in the day because once I start drinking "ginger ale" my mind gets a bit fuzzy.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49

Old 06-29-2005, 12:26 PM   #14
Southern Comfort

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewkid64
I wish I could, Sadly he has been playing at the big dog park in the sky for almost 3 years. I still miss him.....

I will be happy to impart my collective wisdom, but we will need to start early in the day because once I start drinking "ginger ale" my mind gets a bit fuzzy.
I'm sorry to hear that, I know its tough. I do boxer rescue and have 4 of my own. you can play with the 2 pups I'm bringing. As for the "Ginger Ale" I'm with you on that. By the way does anyone play any instruments? I play percussion, drums, and try on the Harmonica.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:31 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
Okay, we are planning a forum rally September 22-24 in Fort Desoto Campground, in Fort Desoto county park, in Pinellas County (St. Petersburg)...
Terry,

I called my wife to check on scheduling & was only able to say "Terry from the Blue Spring Forum Rally is.." before she interrupted with "You mean Terry who made the fantastic mud slides?!?!"

Unfortunately, our Disney Trip is planned for the second week in October, so we won't be able to attend this rally. I'll keep an eye on this thread though if our plans change.

Tom
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 12:58 PM   #16
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomW
Terry,

I called my wife to check on scheduling & was only able to say "Terry from the Blue Spring Forum Rally is.." before she interrupted with "You mean Terry who made the fantastic mud slides?!?!"

Unfortunately, our Disney Trip is planned for the second week in October, so we won't be able to attend this rally. I'll keep an eye on this thread though if our plans change.

Tom
Tom, sorry to hear you probably won't be able to make it this time. I was looking forward to some fried chicken. It is good, however, to know that I am remembered for something at that rally besides running out of gas on the way there.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:18 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Ray,

Terry and I will have our dog with us. Brett can borrow her.
Cookie already knows him. She will rule all of the animals!
Marie

Ps: did I mention she is an 8 pd peek a poo?
Old 06-29-2005, 07:46 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
Tampa Bay , ^
Whew... almost missed it.

Thanks to TomW for notifying me of this thread. I managed to snag a site...

146 I coulda missed out on actually using my trailer!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	146_big.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	13096  

Sneakinup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 05:12 AM   #19
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Pena
Hey Terry, this worked out good, we just spoke of meeting up. You can count me in. I just reserved site 143 I'll be arriving Friday 23 in a.m. Looking forward to putting faces with the forum.

Ray
Southern Comfort
Ask, and ye shall receive! Or, be careful what you wish for...
See you there.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:14 AM   #20
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Other things, other places.

There is also the Ringling Museum, both for the Circus, and the Museum of Art, in Sarasota/Bradenton area.
I spoke to the people at Tropicana about arranging a plant tour. They said they ordinarily don't, but will let me know for sure before Tuesday (7-5-05).
Would anyone be intersted in any other activities similar to this? Let me know, and I will see what there is to see.