Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: What dates work for you?
Nov. 12-14, 2004 9 45.00%
Nov. 26-28, 2004 3 15.00%
Either weekend works for me 5 25.00%
November does not work for me 1 5.00%
Neither date, but I want to come 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2004, 06:07 PM   #101
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85MH325
Terry... Great photos! Y'know, we probably would have come except: A) the Behemoth is now stored for the winter that you won't get, and B) you didn't move Florida close enough for us to make it from Iowa in four hours or less.

On second thought, maybe I'm GLAD Florida is a little further away... having been through seven typhoons in the South Pacific, I think I've seen enough hurricane-force winds!

Looks like a great time was had by all.

Thanks for sharing, everyone!

Roger
Roger, maybe the next Hurricane will blow us far enough North so you can attend...
Terry
Old 11-24-2004, 08:19 AM   #102
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
I don't know if I metioned it to everyone, but we headed to Disneyworld after the Blue Springs Forum Rally, and just returned this past Sunday (11/21) to find the Forums' site down. I didn't realize how much I would miss "talking" to you guys!

We had a blast at the rally! It was the coolest thing to meet a bunch of people I already "knew", and have fun & interesting things to talk about.

EdieG - Thanks so much for breading the chicken. Your efforts were extremely appreciated by both me & Kim. And thanks for sharing the cube steak recipe.

Sneakinup - Thanks for donating LPG to the cooking effort so I wouldn't run out until I got to Fort Wilderness. Your handiwork in the Overlander looks great! Good coffee, too!

Brett - Thanks for various hints & tips on Airstreaming. You have forgotten more than I know about Airstreams, and I appreciate you sharing information. The spring bar storage tip was so good that I took a picture of it, and posted it in another thread to make sure everyone knows about it (with due credit of course ). Thanks also for the Rally buttons and the rivet shaving seminar. If I’d been thinking straight, we could have shaved one, easy to get to Olympic rivet on my Overlander. Maybe next time.

RLuhr - It was great meeting & talking with you. I was surprised though as I thought all publishing magnates looked like Lou Grant and chain-chomped cigars. Seriously though you are quite the accomplished person, and I hope we can rally together again soon.

Argosy20 - I really enjoyed talking with you & finding out more details on an Argosy being restored in a certain magazine.

Pick & NYAirdream – I’m sorry we did not have more time to talk, but it was great putting two more faces to screen names.

I hope we can all meet up again soon!

Tom
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 02:34 PM   #103
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Tom,
Terry brought some of the chicken home for me, I just wanted to tell you it was excellant!

Also, he told me about his disasters, and I am still laughing

Marie
Old 11-24-2004, 05:32 PM   #104
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Thank you Marie! I'm sorry you could not make it to the rally. But be sure to thank Edie the next time you see her for breading all that chicken. I couldn't have done it without her.

Tom
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote