Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-26-2009, 08:25 PM   #361
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
I'd like to thank Alan & Shannon for putting on a great rally. This is our second forum rally. Springstream and Falluminum. We met a lot of great people. We will be back for Springstream 2010. I can see there will be more Dutch Ovens going in the spring. This is good. I love the taste of the food from a Dutch Oven.

We made it home with no problems. What a great day for traveling. Sun shine all the way home. The sun like to shine through my LARGE front windshield. I was cooking in the sun most of the way home.

We will see a lot of you at Can Opener 2010. I have heard that this rally is also a lot of fun. After the rally we are going to head south to Fort Myers for 10 days.
James Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:38 AM   #362
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
Hey everyone who was at the Rally. (And anyone else reading this, by the way).

Sue and I are sad we couldn't make it this year, but look forward to SpringStream (April 9 weekend) (also the CanOpener in Jan).

With all the reports and pics, I have not heard more than one peep about the concert (someone didn't go and sat by a yuppy fire). Maybe the concert happened but was overshadowed by the wonderful and all-consuming Rally fun. Yeah, that's it.

One of the things that I really like about the Rallys is the participation in live music. I am planning on going to the CanOpener (Jan) and SpringStream (April) and hope to get a chance to play.

Please keep posting your pics and comments. I hope that Lucious' spoon does show up, and Geven's graffiti can be saved (oops, I meant fixed).

Phil

(Buffett RIP 9/15/08, Gus RIP 12/22/15)(Roger RIP 12/30/20, Penny RIP 6/14/21)

1997 34' Excella WBCCI 5936
'09 Dodge Cummins Ram 3500 Crew 4x4 auto
AIR 1753
Phil and/or Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:14 AM   #363
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Send a message via AIM to Silverexpress
Robin and I (Silverexpres) had a great time and enjoyed the Three Dog Night Concert. They put on a good set and the audience was very appreciative. Also who can beat the short travel time back to the trailer instead of highway travel by vehicle. The tour of homes was great, the fall foliage was beautiful and all the events went well. Good seeing everyone! Robin and I will not be able to make the Springstream Rally since that conflicts with our trip to New Orleans same same weekend for the French Quarter Festival. If anyone is interested we are staying at the French Quarter RV Park which is immediately adjacent to the French Quarter. See the link below for some pictures of the Falluminum Trip.

Falluminum 2009
Oct 23, 2009
by bluesnote21

copy and paste the following into your browser:
Picasa Web Albums - bluesnote21 - Falluminum 2009
AIR #34494

Living the Airstream Life:
Silverexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:35 AM   #364
3 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
2005 18' Westphalia
Evans , GA
We had a great time at our first Airstream event and plan to attend more. We just need to find the free weekends!
Our two busy teenage boys have us booked almost every weekend. Sometimes their events give us an excuse to use the Mod Pod. Unfortunately, it is not looking good for November.
The tour of homes was great. Dave has been bitten by the vintage bug and wants a project trailer. This will be a great excuse to build that shed/barn he keeps talking about.
We hope to fit Springstream...Dutchstream...and others...into our schedule, we had a blast meeting everyone!
Bird's Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:49 AM   #365
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
we have the spoon. It has initials on the back which threw us off. Seems we always find a few orphan items when we clean up after the meals each time.
The spoon is being held captive until we meet again, unless you want us to mail it??
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:31 AM   #366
Refurbished 89 Excella

1988 29' Excella
Sugar Valley , Georgia
Heyyyyyy all........Home and settled in on the rainy day......Just a few thoughts:

Got home after shaking hands with everyone, despite the CDC warning not to do such. The incubation period is pretty well past now for the oinker flu and am still healthy.......Better than shaking hands was sharing the smiles and heart felt thoughts and honest non-me generation feelings and concerns.......LOVE reality......

Gotta thank Alan and Shannon for the effort placed forth in taking the responsibility to sponsor this thing. But, ya know, it is Y'ALL who really make this thing possible and I thank you all for what you do. Surely NOT to diminish what Alan does......hug Bud......BUT......The great food, fellowship, and sharing spirit that is present is provided by YOU.........THANKS......

At long last, came across some ASA (Army Security Agency...hush-hush)folks......totally rare and unknown.....especially wonderful to share a bit of mission talk as we worked on the same European "enemies" and others.....lololol...while looking around to see who was listening...you sure you are not FBI???...JIM AND SUSAN soooo glad to meet you guys

Golly, counting my special significant other Susan, how many Susans were there?....off the top of my head can think of 5.....

Rowdy, the survivor dog is doing really well and I thank all for your concern over him. Turns out that after removing the bullet that had been there for who knows how long, that we left without bringing Penicillin as an antibiotic for a propholactic.......We went to a farm store and got what should have worked.....He had a reaction to this stuff that caused him to have problems........Anyway, the swelling that was all down his leg is now just isolated up at the shot location as a knot and hopefully will go away in a few more days.......The bullet incision continues to heal really well........

I wish I knew the folks from SC little boy's name.......the one with long hair.......All 3 children are so fantastic, mannered, SMART, and a pleasure to have as neighbors or even to hang around, pet the dog and help snap beans........

Anyway.......can go on and on......Yes, 2nd row center was great at the concert.....The songs of course were great memories; but watching the glint in the singer's eyes, the bass players fingernails pick, and beads of sweat break out on the lead guitar player's brow was as they say, priceless...........Exiting the hall and walking up the hill and being home was really nice. Especially 30 minutes later looking down at the parking lot and STILL seeing folks fighting to get out of the parking lot.......

MMMMMMMMM......the food.......The turkey was hard to smoke, I know especially in the cold and wind.......ol smoker here........but soooo worth the trouble to me....thanks........mmmmmmmm and that flank steak???......soooooo good.....3 choices of chili....yummmmmmmy......glad I didn't do my goat special blend as it would have just gotten lost in the delights available.......ON AND ON......ALL was so fantastic.......Can still remember walking up from the parking lot/road and smelling that fantastic pineapple upside down cake......MY all time favorite treat.....THANKS

Not going to use names....cause to this ol dyslexic/pre-alzheimers guy I can't remember diddly.......but sooo many good folks......Just honest, down to earth, not ME generation/yuppified, with God, real, intelligent, not drunk or high, sharing, giving, not concerned with personal wealth or accomplishments but ready to lend a hand FOLKS...........THANKS.........I know our paths will cross again.......Love and God's blessings and GRACE to YOU ALL...........Dennis
DKDarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:42 AM   #367
Refurbished 89 Excella

1988 29' Excella
Sugar Valley , Georgia
ohhhhh........As an after thought.........YOU are REALLY TRULY invited up anytime to use our mountaintop as a base for a few days........Yes, you can see Tennessee and Alabama, Atlanta, and I think NC.......Yes, you can get up the 12 degree 1/2 mile private road........Yes, there is a parking place at the barn with power and water......Yes, you will have privacy.......No, I wont give you a bunch of chores; but if you want to help drop a couple of trees and split them, till the garden, plant whatever is due, harvest what is ready, watch the deer, hunt the tree rats, count the turkeys, actually SEE the "black" panther of NW Georgia, listen to the coyotes, see if we really do get at least 30 hummingbirds out at the gazeebo, and just enjoy doing NOTHING........COME SEE US.......God Bless.......Dennis
DKDarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:21 AM   #368
4 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Pickens , South Carolina
Hate we missed it!

From all of Pickens County Campers....hate we had to miss out! Layoffs, shoulder surgery, economy and weddings have dominated our group. we did make a run to another great GA park last month called Victoria Bryant...great place!!! And as a heads up, Scott and I stumbled on a '70 Int'l in a scrap yard, what a deal!!!!! However, we decided to do some investigating bbecause WHAT IDIOT RECYCLES an AS.... we found some old mail in the AS, did an a search on the net.....the owners were over joyed that after 2 months it had been found! Keep your eyes out and your aluminum secure!

-"just because the monkeys off your back, doesn't mean the circus left town!"

www.pickenscountycampers.com
camperski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:14 PM   #369
4 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
Cumming , Georgia
Dennis/Susan,

Ditto on all you said! The little boy's name was Dawson. He is David and Julie's little boy...they were all great kids for sure. We consider them dear friends. David told me he really enjoyed meeting and talking with you.
I hate that Ruth and I didn't get to hang out with you guys more but I did enjoy the few minutes we did get to talk...and also at the concert. We ended up leaving the concert early due to extreme volume levels. This is coming from someone with a multi-amp, multi speaker stereo in the wagon. We were sitting on the 3rd row and about 9 feet away from a large speaker.
We ended up sleeping late Sunday. I think that was you that knocked on the door but by the time I got to the door, you were driving off. PM me your contact info and I hope we can get together soon.

Thanks, G

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDarrow View Post
Heyyyyyy all........Home and settled in on the rainy day......Just a few thoughts:

I wish I knew the folks from SC little boy's name.......the one with long hair.......All 3 children are so fantastic, mannered, SMART, and a pleasure to have as neighbors or even to hang around, pet the dog and help snap beans........

Not going to use names....cause to this ol dyslexic/pre-alzheimers guy I can't remember diddly.......but sooo many good folks......Just honest, down to earth, not ME generation/yuppified, with God, real, intelligent, not drunk or high, sharing, giving, not concerned with personal wealth or accomplishments but ready to lend a hand FOLKS...........THANKS.........I know our paths will cross again.......Love and God's blessings and GRACE to YOU ALL...........Dennis
StreaminGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:58 PM   #370
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
nice thoughts you all , we enjoyed it as well. Concert was fun, we sat in the back and still could see and hear very well. Reminded me of some of my gigging days in places like that.
I am going to see if I can hold October spots for next year as well as April so we will all share in the beauty of section B on the lake. Maybe if I do it early enough we can really fill the place with aluminum...
AIR #005
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
Old 10-28-2009, 03:06 PM   #371
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
Alan just happened to wander by Saturday morning while I was making coffee, so I decided to follow him to scout out the Paris pavilion. Pretty nice views of the late sunrise on the mountains.

Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	First Rally 1.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	89878   Click image for larger version

Name:	First Rally 2.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	89879  

Click image for larger version

Name:	First Rally 3.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	89880   Click image for larger version

Name:	First Rally 4.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	89881  

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:48 PM   #372
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Great shots Jim. It was beautiful that morning! Coffee smells extra great when staring out at the multi-colored mountains.
AIR #005
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
Old 10-29-2009, 07:51 AM   #373
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
Johnson City , on the road
thanks for the fun

allan thanks so much for having this we just had a wonderfull time, oh thanks for the tunning on my Fender it5 sounds great nice to have a ear for it my old school tunning fork is a bit weak these days , everyone was great and actepted us as friends this only being our second rally we have learned alot talking with Jim and also with gaven we plan to try for the spring, we ar still at the park and plan to move to top of ga for few days to explore that area then maybe to the Smokies for few weeks. thank once more Sean and Rondie.
scorpiontimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:23 AM   #374
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Your trailer was very cool inside...enjoyed the decorations. Be safe on the road.
AIR #005
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
Old 11-01-2009, 03:06 AM   #375
1 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fulltimer, so...wherever road takes us! , On the road!
Many thanks to all who made this 1st Rally a great experience for this newbie! Alan-Shannon: Thank you for coordinating the Rally. Thanks to my new AS buddies, my mirror/cabinet door in the bathroom now WORKS, I've refilled both LP tanks, used my stove for a HOT breakfast and my oven for a casserole. But best of all met good friends! DK and Susan: how is Rowdy? Improving? I've stayed here the rest of the week, have enjoyed quiet days by the lake but mostly have been trying to stay dry! Saw Willie Nelson last night and it was a good concert. Headed out today.
MissDaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:25 AM   #376
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
As others have said, THANKS FOR THE RALLY! Alan, we don't make every Falluminum or Springstream, but really enjoy the ones we get to.

We had a slight bit of bad luck/good luck on the way home. Just before the Bells Ferry exit on I-575, I was in the left lane (as usual) and I heard a car horn. I asked, "What?" and looked in my right rear mirror and some kind motorist had her window down and was pointing at the side of the Airstream. So I threw my turn signal on and she slowed up to let me in the right lane. I immediately slowed and moved into the emergency lane assuming the obvious, yes we had a flat tire on the curb side! Fortunately, the motorist notified us early enough that we didn't get any damage. I thought I was taking photos of my first (and hopefully only) flat on the Airstream, but it turns out my card was full and I didn't notice it at the time. As it turned out we were only about 100 yards form the exit so I pulled of the exit and into the parking lot of a strip shopping center next to the interstate and changed the tire in the parking lot. Then pulled over to the Shell station across the street and added air to the spare to bring it up to proper inflation (took the full $.75 to fill the tire). Anyway, I took it easy and proceeded home.

The "Changes in Latitudes" is safe at home and in her usual place at the end of the drive way. I had planned to replace all five tires before next Spring anyway so I may just have to move the plans up a bit. The next camping trip of length is the Can Opener so I have a little time. I was thinking adding Cent-a-matics (SP?) when I do. Just have to add it to the budget.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:53 AM   #377
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
I had a question about the Spartan. On the roof was a flat disk mounted just behind the air conditioning unit. I know the disk is for the TV, but I don't know if it is for satellite (I think I saw it advertised for that purpose) or if it is just a regular TV antennae. Does any body know. (Sorry, I don't know David's avatar name to PM him). Does any body have a source for them? Thanks.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 11-01-2009, 04:43 PM   #378
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Really fortunate you caught the flat that early. We have a 2006 Safari and decided to change the tires after 3 flats in 5 trips. They were each plugged and gave no trouble, but with about 40,000 miles, it seemed a good time.

We were unable to get the proper load range Marathons in time for our Summer trip so tried a set of Maxxis. I have about 3,000 miles on them and am very happy.

FYI.

Matt
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:40 PM   #379
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
We have just under 30,000 miles on our 30'. The build date on all four of the original tires on the ground was 11/05 and our Safari was built in January '06. So four years and nearly that many miles is pretty good service, I think.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 11-02-2009, 05:50 AM   #380
4 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
Cumming , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate View Post
I had a question about the Spartan. On the roof was a flat disk mounted just behind the air conditioning unit. I know the disk is for the TV, but I don't know if it is for satellite (I think I saw it advertised for that purpose) or if it is just a regular TV antennae. Does any body know. (Sorry, I don't know David's avatar name to PM him). Does any body have a source for them? Thanks.

You are correct, it was a satelite antenna. I had previously talked to him about it...it works with either Dish or Direct TV.

Thanks, G
StreaminGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
falluminum, georgia, rally