Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: Pick a date for FALLUMINUM 08
October 24-25 ( area A of section 1 available) 2 20.00%
November 7, 8 ( area B and more available -waterfront sites) 8 80.00%
Falluminum ..what the heck is that? 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2008, 01:22 PM   #321
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarfoot View Post
Hey Minnie's Mate! Has anything worked out for you yet? I'll keep the light on for ya!
Unfortunately it looks like we won't be able to make it after all. My son has the opportunity to earn a Boy Scout Merritt Badge that he missed this past summer and it is usually only offered once a year and it is being offered on Nov. 8th! I guess there was a reason we haven't been able to make a reservation yet.

Becki and I were really looking forward to this rally. Becki said the End-of-summer-rally thang was the most enjoyable rally for her yet and she was looking forward to the Falluminum.

Well, we are planning on attending both the First Weekend Shin-dig and the Can Opener rallies so I hope to see as many of you guys as possible at one or both of those rallies...you going to be at one of those Sugarfoot?
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:28 PM   #322
Rivet Master

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate View Post
. . . My son has the opportunity to earn a Boy Scout Merritt Badge . . .

Well, we are planning on attending both the First Weekend Shin-dig and the Can Opener rallies so I hope to see as many of you guys as possible at one or both of those rallies...you going to be at one of those Sugarfoot?
A Merritt Badge! I know that means a lot to him. Tell him congrats from me.

We'll miss you but I'll see you for sure at the Can Opener.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:24 PM   #323
Incorrigible

1976 Argosy 24
-- , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate View Post
Becki and I were really looking forward to this rally. Becki said the End-of-summer-rally thang was the most enjoyable rally for her yet and she was looking forward to the Falluminum.
Must've been all those ants. They really know how to party.

I once earned a few merit badges, too. Always a cool thing. Which one?

Tim

1976 24' Argosy
1973 International Harvester Travelette 1210 4x4 'Bernard' 164" WB
1997 Georgie Boy 30' SuperDuty v10
Ike T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:48 PM   #324
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' International CCD FB
Everett , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarfoot View Post

Alan did inform each of you about the hazing rituals, didn't he?
(only kidding)

I understand it involves goats?

Hey, Whatever y'all dish out we can handle...LOL!

Our current mission to get through this weekend then we can get really excited about the rally. (Yep, you haven't seen our real excitement yet!). Hubby's oldest daughter is getting married on Friday. One off the "daddy dole" and one more to go!

/Lois
WBCCI #4018

Just call us Jean & Bill :-)
HankandLois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:18 PM   #325
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike T View Post
Must've been all those ants. They really know how to party.

I once earned a few merit badges, too. Always a cool thing. Which one?

Tim
Our oldest, Jordan, just crossed over in April and wasn't able to go to Summer Camp. This is when they normally do the swimming Merritt badge. He is a great swimmer. The Summer Camp was in the mountains at Camp Daniel Boone just outside of Asheville, NC and the lake water was still too cold for any of the boys to get in and do the swimming requirements so they decided to reschedule and just announced at this week's Troop meeting that it would be at the local dive shop's indoor swimming pool on Nov. 8th. On the way home Jordan said he really wanted to do it, but knew how much the rally meant to me so he would wait and see if they would offer it again. I don't know if he'll be ready to go to the Summer Camp next summer so I felt this would be a better opportunity and he really wants to do this Merritt badge...it will be the first he will have the opportunity to earn since he crossed over. When he was a Cub Scout he earned a full belt full of belt loops and a chest full of arrow points and pins so I don't want to stand in his way. He has the goal of making in Eagle Scout so I want to encourage him any way I can.

As long as the Springstream isn't the weekend of April 19th (I believe that is when my younger son's Cub-o-ree is scheduled) or there abouts, I plan on making the spring rally. I hate missing this one, but I think this is an important cause.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:03 AM   #326
Addicted to Aluminum

1959 18' "Footer"
1964 24' Tradewind
1954 29' Liner
Woodstock , Georgia
TIME'S FLYING!!!! I have SO much left to do to the Pickle to get it up there! Isn't that always the case? She'll definitely be a "work in progress". It's got a bed, AND a working fridge. That's enough for the inlaws, isn't it? ha!

JP

• • •
• • • • •
8576 • • • • • • • •
there's always room for one more!
A-Merry-Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:31 AM   #327
4 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
Cumming , Georgia
The Amazing Jordan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Merry-Can View Post
TIME'S FLYING!!!! I have SO much left to do to the Pickle to get it up there! Isn't that always the case? She'll definitely be a "work in progress". It's got a bed, AND a working fridge. That's enough for the inlaws, isn't it? ha! JP

Jordan, I don't know how you do it! You are truly a craftsman! You guys should see some of the furniture he has built! I haven't even washed the bugs off of my Caravel since the Springstream event! I've spent the entire Summer working on two empty houses I have. I haven't been able to work on either of the Feathercrafts to get them ready either and one of them, I could have the Hawk ready in a half a day but don't have a half a day. Ruth wasn't too thrilled about towing it up there either. Currently my fuel pump has gone out on the woody wagon tow vehicle so I may be towing with something else but we are looking forward to it. The wagon has been sitting in my garage on the lift for about two months, raised up in the air waiting to be fixed. I've spent so much money on these houses that I don't even have money for a fuel pump! At least it broke down in the garage!
We are definitely looking forward to seeing ole familiar faces and some new ones as well. We are down by the lake next to Alan if anyone needs to shore up a boat there. Thank goodness things will be back to normal since Mario will be back. Mario, for some reason, we just didn't have any energy when you weren't there!

Geven & Ruth
'67 Caravel
dead '94 Buick woody wagon tow vehicle
1999 Airstream B190 (I recently learned the rarest @ 1 of 46 built that year)
'59 Feathercraft Ski-BO
'58 Feathercraft Hawk 1
'55 Chevy p/u Big Window
'65 Chevy p/u 494HP blower motor w/a six speed
'62 Buick with 1987 Buick Grand National drivetrain
'67 Buick Gran Sport GS400
'70 Buick GS455 convertible
'87 Buick Turbo T (Grand National twin)
'05 Cadillac CTS-V with a Corvette Z06 441 HP LS6 engine, six speed manual
'01 VW GOLF TDI (50 MPG Daily driver)
'01 VW Jetta TDI (50 MPG Daily driver)

(aren't you glad that you don't live next door to me?)
StreaminGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 05:07 PM   #328
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Greeeneville , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Silverhobby
Geven, You have as many vehicles in the yard as I do old neglected aluminum trailers.
visit my restoration blog at:
Silverhobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 05:54 PM   #329
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Winston Salem , North Carolina
Kevin's back yard Rocks!!!!!!!

Aluminum everywhere....
Corresponding Secretary Piedmont NC Unit 161,
1967 Overlander International.
1979 Avion 30ft rear bath
TV's 88 Chevy Suburban 454, 3:42, TH400
95 Cadillac FW Brougham, LT1,3:42, 7k tow pk.
Silverwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:34 AM   #330
Addicted to Aluminum

1959 18' "Footer"
1964 24' Tradewind
1954 29' Liner
Woodstock , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreaminGuy View Post
Jordan, I don't know how you do it! You are truly a craftsman!
A good craftsman makes mistakes, a great craftsman knows how to hide them.

:-D

Man, I GOTTA get up there and check out your garage! The Buick GS has always been my fav underdog of the muscle car era... with the falling price of gas, you can afford to start em up again!

JP

• • •
• • • • •
8576 • • • • • • • •
there's always room for one more!
A-Merry-Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:58 PM   #331
4 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
Cumming , Georgia
Airstreams, Craftsmans, musclecars and parties....

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Merry-Can View Post
A good craftsman makes mistakes, a great craftsman knows how to hide them.

:-D

Man, I GOTTA get up there and check out your garage! The Buick GS has always been my fav underdog of the muscle car era... with the falling price of gas, you can afford to start em up again!

JP
Then you must be a great craftsman since I haven't seen any mistakes! I'm happy to say that I've actually been driving that thing once or twice a week all summer long. The top has only been up once since May. Last weekend, we drove it all the way Nashville and back with the top down. A friend of mine has a car show/picnic at his house every year on his farm. Great fun and fellowship with friends from the Nashville area. I happy to say that I never turned a wrench on it on the trip or while there and never even pulled the dipstick. Not bad for a car that runs 12.80's in the quarter on radials. Anybody out there that drives old cars including you will know how good it feels when you can make a trip and not be doing any work on them. The same can go for our trailers. Since mine isn't a restored trailer like yours, I'm always tinkering with something. As far as getting up here, you are welcome any time. In May, we will throw a big Memorial Day/Ruth's birthday party. Her birthday is on 5/27. Last year, there were about 65 people and numerous hot rods in attendance. Last year, it was a surprise party...and was she surprised! Maybe we can get some local Airstreamers up next time. I know Alan has an interest in old cars too.

I can't wait to see those trailers of yours. I still owe you lunch too!

Sorry to get off topic.

Geven
Old 10-17-2008, 11:00 PM   #332
4 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
Cumming , Georgia
We'll miss you Big Al...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
Jean and I can't be there with you but to all we met at Springstream last and this year have a good one and hope you all enjoy great weather.
Al and Jean

I hope all is well with you guys.

Geven
Old 10-18-2008, 06:19 PM   #333
Incorrigible

1976 Argosy 24
-- , Georgia
Site-specific directions

Since we've not been before, I just want to make sure we know where I should go. (We know where I will eventually go. )

We'll be heading in from the west along US 76. Just turn left onto Music Hall Rd and look for the big silver sign that says "you are here"? Or are the camping sections clearly marked from the road? Or will the shine of aluminum be enough to guide me?

Maybe a sign that says "Dumb Guy Club Members THISAWAY --- > < ---" would be better, right Brad?

Tim

1976 24' Argosy
Old 10-18-2008, 09:28 PM   #334
4 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
Cumming , Georgia
Final directions to campground

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike T View Post
Since we've not been before, I just want to make sure we know where I should go. (We know where I will eventually go. )

We'll be heading in from the west along US 76. Just turn left onto Music Hall Rd and look for the big silver sign that says "you are here"? Or are the camping sections clearly marked from the road? Or will the shine of aluminum be enough to guide me?

Maybe a sign that says "Dumb Guy Club Members THISAWAY --- > < ---" would be better, right Brad?

Tim

Tim,

The campground is on both sides of GA 76 but this time we are all staying on the right or North side known as area 2. So if you are heading West (or toward Young Harris on the map below), you would turn right into the campground at the giant sign that says Georgia Mountain Fair, follow this through and on the left just down in a slight little valley will be the office that you should stop and register at. After that, continue on that same road that you were on all the way to area 2 and follow it around counter clockwise. This campground has a few weird sites and whereas you can normally look and see which way campers and tow vehicles are pointed to determine which way you need to approach, here, you may have to do a fly-by and determine which way to approach to get into your site. I hope this helps. When are you arriving and are you towing with a Travelall?

In addition, here is a link to the website where you can get a larger view of the map. Untitled Document

Thanks, Geven

Old 10-19-2008, 08:25 AM   #335
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
Hi Geven,
All is well with us in the big white north. No snow yet but have had frost.
Next weekend will be our last outing of the year to Niagara falls.
We've signed up for the Dogwoods rally in Kentucky next spring. Why not try to join us for that one?
All the best,
Al
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:41 AM   #336
Incorrigible

1976 Argosy 24
-- , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreaminGuy View Post
When are you arriving and are you towing with a Travelall?
Towing with the Travelette. Arriving sometime Friday evening.

Thanks for clarifying directions!

Tim

1976 24' Argosy
Old 10-23-2008, 01:21 PM   #337
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1989 33' Land Yacht
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Ok, Lois. How many days??????
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:17 PM   #338
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' International CCD FB
Everett , Washington
Yay!!!

14 days 'til Falluminum!!!!!!!

We'll be starting our adventure on November 1st. Going to get the "trella" out of storage and stay at the Manchester KOA for a week. That will give me some time to get it all "purtied" up and then we'll do the same the week after so hubby can winterize it. During that time hubby can enjoy a shorter commute. It's faster to/from Manchester than it is to/from West Nashville to his work. We did this over the summer and it worked out beautifully.

Gave us more together time

YAY! We'll get two weeks in our airstream.

I'm such a geek. Aren't I?

/Lois
WBCCI #4018

Just call us Jean & Bill :-)
HankandLois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:14 AM   #339
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
If money is tight for some of you and you would still like to donate a raffle item...bring something used, funny, old, borrowed. You know,it does not have to be anything fancy ......it is still a lot of fun giving stuff away.
A friend of ours puts together little baskets with teas, or coffee and simple items. They are always well received.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:29 AM   #340
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1989 33' Land Yacht
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Looking forward to seeing everyone in 13 days! The kids are set and ready to go! Just trying to decide what to bring to the pot luck this year. Yum, I love pot luck dinners...and seeing friends again!
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote