Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 07:48 AM   #393
2 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Orlando , Florida
The case of the missing chili pot - resoved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftTouch View Post
Thanks to all, we had a blast. However, it's very quite here tonight.
Did anyone leave a very nice pot, filled with chili, in the pavilion? It's been rescused and we'll hold it for you. Also misc chili dippers, pot holders & a black hoodie.
Yes, the missing chili pot was mine. Thank you Blanche for finding me this morning! My dutch oven is home again.

Man , I had an amazing first rally - what an awesome group of people!!

I will post some photos later today.

Thanks again Blanche!!!!!

Craig

I'm from 8 minutes in the future.
Looks good so far...
Old 10-27-2014, 08:03 AM   #394
2 Rivet Member

2007 23' Safari SE
ROSWELL , Georgia
Falluminum

another GREAT Alan David event!We had a wonderful weekend with all the aluminum crazies.Antsy and his son were great!Food was great!Weather was great!The amazing thing about these rallies is the stress level is non-existent.We're looking forward to SPRINGSTREAM !

Mike & Nancy Gore WBCCI #2914 S E Camping Unit 012 Roswell,Ga.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:04 AM   #395
4 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
Cumming , Georgia
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty

Winston Churchill

Ha! I really like the wisdom coming out of Possum Holler...thanks John and Susan!

G

As someone said I think on this or another forum:
"I don't always tow a travel trailer, but when I do, I tow an Airstream or an Apache or a Coleman"...stay thirsty my friends.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:15 AM   #396
4 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
Cumming , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future_Craig View Post
Got a later start than I wanted. Last minute trailer issues. I'll try not to wake anybody up.

Sorry Craig, I can't resist, so I have to ask...if you're from 8 minutes in the future, shouldn't you have seen those trailer issues before they arose? Ha!

Seriously, sorry you had those last minute issues. I too had issues just as we were about to hitch up...but alas, by 4 hours later, I had them resolved. I do commend you for getting into A37 ALONE in the middle of the night. With the hump going in causing serious lack of visibilty, it would not have been an easy task even in the daylight. Hats off to you!

G

"I don't always tow a travel trailer, but when I do, I tow an Airstream or an Apache or a Coleman"...stay thirsty my friends.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:29 AM   #397
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
we stopped in Blairsville for a quick McDonald's bite on the way home. Came back out and my truck was totally dead. Not a light came on.
I started out to find some jumper cables and there was AUTOZONE right next door. 20 minutes and a new battery later we were on our way. Blessed I 'd say.
(The old battery was 6 yrs old)
at least two guys had stopped to ask if we needed help. One even loaned me a socket I didn't have.
Nice country folks for sure.

I will put up a folder of pictures and share it, if anyone has anything please email me and I will add them.
Thank God for the weather, thank you all for the fun.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Our AIRSTREAM and TIN CAN TOURIST Rallys
Old 10-27-2014, 08:37 AM   #398
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Here is the :Falluminun/ Springstream Folder.

It has many years of pictures in it but you can scroll down and see the latest additions.
AIR #005
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Old 10-27-2014, 09:13 AM   #399
4 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
Cumming , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANSD View Post
we stopped in Blairsville for a quick McDonald's bite on the way home. Came back out and my truck was totally dead. Not a light came on.
I started out to find some jumper cables and there was AUTOZONE right next door. 20 minutes and a new battery later we were on our way. Blessed I 'd say.
(The old battery was 6 yrs old)
at least two guys had stopped to ask if we needed help. One even loaned me a socket I didn't have.
Nice country folks for sure.

I will put up a folder of pictures and share it, if anyone has anything please email me and I will add them.
Thank God for the weather, thank you all for the fun.
Alan,

-having a great few days camping about 90.00
-having awesome weather-no charge
-battery giving out in good weather, with full belly, next door to Auto Parts store... PRICELESS!

Glad it was painless and you were on your way quickly. I'd say it was a blessing for sure.
G

Old 10-27-2014, 09:54 AM   #400
Rivet Master

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Pfafftown , North Carolina
Thanks to Alan and everyone involved for making this rally a great event. It was our first Falluminum and we enjoyed everything except for having our rig trapped in our site (A21) as I related in post #372. The campground allowed a large 5th wheel, with double slides, to park in the road in front of our site. As a result we were in a position where we could not pull out of our site without squeezing by the 5th wheel and scratching the side of our TV and Airstream on the bushes extending into the road. The office was closed Friday night when the 5th wheel arrived and throughout the weekend. We made the security guard aware of the problem Friday night and he called the campground manager. They refused to do anything about the situation.

Sunday morning we were ready to leave at 9:00 am. The 5th wheel owner refused to move and the security guard once again would take no action. He called the manager again and she told him to do nothing. We waited two hours for the 5th wheel to slowly pack up and depart.

This morning my wife Susan (Sunnygirl) called the campground manager, Hilda Thomason, who was unapologetic. She insisted the campground had done nothing wrong by blocking our access with a large rig. She said the park was full that weekend due to the Airstream rally and they had accommodated this customer by allowing him to use the site along the road. She acknowledged we were blocked but indicated that unless we had an emergency it wasn't a big deal for the park and we should not be upset over the situation. She also stated the park does this from time to time when the park is full. When Susan tried to voice our position the situation was unacceptable, Ms. Thomason hung up the phone on her.

In three years of camping with our Airstream we've never encountered a management attitude this bad at a campground. We should have known something was wrong when person on the phone was not pleasant when we made our reservations and the service at the desk when we checked in was perfunctory and indifferent. It is a shame the Lions Club, which operates the campground, doesn't have a more friendly and positive customer service approach to the people from whom it extracts revenue.
TAC FL-55 | WBCCI 3823 - Unit 12 | AIR 48265
Old 10-27-2014, 10:00 AM   #401
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1975 27' Overlander
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Wow! We have been camping there for 12 years or so and never had any problems. I am so sorry this is what you encountered and hope it doesn't stop you from attending rallies, even if you do choose not to come back to ours.

Everyone tag site A21 and not reserve it!
Air #2757
1989 SquareStream (Annie #8)
Old 10-27-2014, 11:14 AM   #402
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
I hate that happened to you . But they are very laid back and uninvolved in many ways there.
In spite of that we have had over 20 successful get togethers with no problems.
AIR #005
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Old 10-27-2014, 11:16 AM   #403
2 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreaminGuy View Post
Sorry Craig, I can't resist, so I have to ask...if you're from 8 minutes in the future, shouldn't you have seen those trailer issues before they arose? Ha!

Seriously, sorry you had those last minute issues. I too had issues just as we were about to hitch up...but alas, by 4 hours later, I had them resolved. I do commend you for getting into A37 ALONE in the middle of the night. With the hump going in causing serious lack of visibilty, it would not have been an easy task even in the daylight. Hats off to you!

G

HaHa
Hey, even time travelers have bad days I guess.

Yeah, A-37 was fun at midnight. All part of the excitement and challenge of livin' out in nature. I just hope I didn't wake up too many of the natives.

Maybe I have the beginnings of some bragging rights??

I'm from 8 minutes in the future.
Looks good so far...
Old 10-27-2014, 11:52 AM   #404
2 Rivet Member

1986 27' Sovereign
Greenwood , South Carolina
Thank you Alan & Shannon for a wonderful weekend! We so enjoyed our first Falluminum & know that we will be back! Thank you to everyone who prepped & prepared everything. Everything was wonderful!
Old 10-27-2014, 12:20 PM   #405
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Certainly welcome, as Shan says- we didn't do it, you all did.
AIR #005
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Old 10-27-2014, 12:58 PM   #406
Rivet Master

Marietta , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANSD View Post
I hate that happened to you . But they are very laid back and uninvolved in many ways there.

In spite of that we have had over 20 successful get togethers with no problems.

Too bad some folks had issues. I think generally their laid back, uninvolved approach probably works more for us than against us, but recognize that when you are the recipient that that doesn't much matter.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums

2014 Ford F250 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley Hitch
WBCCI #1271

travelwiththeslowskys.com
Closed Thread