Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2015, 09:23 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Falluminum 2015

We are planning for October 23-24 weekend for FALLUMINUM.
It is the same weekend as Alumalina but that can't be avoided at this point.
Any interest?
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:34 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Yes. Can't be there in the spring, but those dates in the fall sound good. Peace,jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 10:43 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1999 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Marietta , Georgia

i put Falluminum 2015 on our calendar!
karenjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 11:39 AM   #4
Rivet Master

Hampton , New Hampshire
We would be!

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
2019 Airstream Classic 30RBT, 2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley, ACI #1313

travelwiththeslowskys.com
nilesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 03:40 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
looks like it will work, Alumalina is in conjunction with an SC WBCCI rally next Fall. So we will do our no club no dues no rules thing. It's not even Spring and we r talking about October ..life goes on
AIR #005
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
Old 01-23-2015, 06:52 PM   #6
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANSD View Post
looks like it will work, Alumalina is in conjunction with an SC WBCCI rally next Fall. So we will do our no club no dues no rules thing. It's not even Spring and we r talking about October ..life goes on

Hey Alan, gotta say that this sounds like a poke at something you know nothing about, dude.

Unless you were at one time a member of the WBCCI, you are not qualified to bust on the Club. If you were a member, and had a bad experience, let me know, I may be able to help.

Lots of folks that attend forum rallies are club members. 50% that attend Alumalina belong. Maybe you should pole Falluminum folks. You just may be surprised.

John
WBCCI #268 Palmetto State Airstream Club 22
Region 3 Past President....come with us, you will like it.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Are you kind?..... Uncle John's Band
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 07:32 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2020 25' Flying Cloud
Jacksons Gap , Alabama
I was considering going to the fall Alumalina, but after reading post 66 I will now go to too Falluminum with folks who don't seem to be hung up with WBCCI membership.
Frank
Frank McFee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 07:46 PM   #8
Rivet Master

Hampton , New Hampshire
Both Falluminum AND Alumalina are both GREAT events, and we appreciate all that goes into coordinating both events particularly to both John and Alan. Thanks to both of you.
2019 Airstream Classic 30RBT, 2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley, ACI #1313

travelwiththeslowskys.com
nilesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 09:39 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Pfafftown , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank McFee View Post
I was considering going to the fall Alumalina, but after reading post 66 I will now go to too Falluminum with folks who don't seem to be hung up with WBCCI membership.
Frank
Frank,

As Brad indicated both Falluminum and Alumalina are great rallies. Susan and I attended both in 2014. From what I observed WBCCI and non WBCCI members are welcome, and active participants, at both rallies. As far as I know, neither is a sanctioned WBCCI event.

The Southeastern Camping Unit of the WBCCI included both Alumalina and Falluminum in its unit rally schedule in the fall of 2014, just as it included Canopener the past two years, even though all are "independent" rallies. I suspect the Southeastern Camping Unit will do the same in 2015. Despite what was inferred in post #65, Alumalina is not a WBCCI event even though one or more WBCCI units will be participating. At the fall 2014 Alumalina there were no WBCCI rules, ceremonies or rally fees and none have been announced for either the spring 2015 or fall 2015 Alumalina events.

It is unfortunate the rallies cannot be scheduled on different weekends as both events are extremely popular and the conflict will likely reduce attendance at both rallies. However, the organizers do the work and therefore get to choose the dates. Hence the current dilemma. Hopefully the conflict can be resolved but if not those of us in the region will have a choice to make. Who knows, a little competition might be a good thing as long as we all remember the purpose of these gatherings is to have fellowship and fun.
WBCCI 3823 - Unit 12 | AIR 48265
Florida 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 12:09 PM   #10
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
I've been looking for a Falluminum 2015 thread but don't see one yet so I'll make a few comments here since this seems to be where the discussion is taking place.

There are certainly several people who attend both Falluminum and Alumalina Fall Edition and this year will force those to make a decision - maybe they'll choose the rally closer to home, maybe they'll choose the rally farther from home.

Phil and/or Sue usually attend both rallies (I think) so they'll potentially be impacted. For us, we haven't been able to attend Alumalina Fall Edition because it conflicts with other activities we usually have on the calendar in September. I think the first Alumalina Fall Edition may have been in early to mid October.

So now, the dilemma... which rally to attend if we can only go to one in October - and I hope we can attend one. I suspect it will be Falluminum for us since it's been a late October rally for quite a long time. I can only remember one time when it was held in early November.

Hmmm... Guess I'm sounding like an old fart and set in my ways. It's late October... must be time to head to Hiawassee!
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 12:39 PM   #11
Rivet Puller

2003 28' Safari S/O
Atlanta Burbs , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANSD View Post
We are planning for October 23-24 weekend for FALLUMINUM.
It is the same weekend as Alumalina but that can't be avoided at this point.
Any interest?
Alan, since you only posted the intended date a few days ago after prompting in the Falluminum 2014 thread plus the comment that you had not yet coordinated with NGC, it is a bit confusing as to why it can't be shifted as of today?

To quote you Tuesday 1/20 - "Our Spingstream is in APRIL-- no set Fall plans just yet. Will be the weekend of October 23-24. I just need to give the park a heads up."

I left the news of the conflict within 24 hours of your original post and only a handfull responded on the forum when you queried about going ahead in response. This post stream seems to have been avoidable. Is it a 'tradition' thing or feeling usurped? Personally, I find both groups delightful and would enjoy doing back to back weekends during our most visually glorious time of year.

The Alumalina dates were set long ago and many attendees have confirmed attendance with one another verbally. The WBCCI attendees have always been indistinguishable from forum members behaviorally at either event so I conclude both are no rules or fee related outings and treasured events by all.

If conflicting dates remain the calendar of events, we will be at Alumalina.
SeeMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 02:24 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
As we typically enjoy the Fall weekend before Halloween, and will probably just have it then. There are tow events for folks to pick from. The 1st of November can be colder and Halloween is just to hectic for some.
AIR #005
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
Old 01-24-2015, 06:55 PM   #13
3 Rivet Member

2020 25' Flying Cloud
Jacksons Gap , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida 55 View Post
Frank,

As Brad indicated both Falluminum and Alumalina are great rallies. Susan and I attended both in 2014. From what I observed WBCCI and non WBCCI members are welcome, and active participants, at both rallies. As far as I know, neither is a sanctioned WBCCI event.

The Southeastern Camping Unit of the WBCCI included both Alumalina and Falluminum in its unit rally schedule in the fall of 2014, just as it included Canopener the past two years, even though all are "independent" rallies. I suspect the Southeastern Camping Unit will do the same in 2015. Despite what was inferred in post #65, Alumalina is not a WBCCI event even though one or more WBCCI units will be participating. At the fall 2014 Alumalina there were no WBCCI rules, ceremonies or rally fees and none have been announced for either the spring 2015 or fall 2015 Alumalina events.

It is unfortunate the rallies cannot be scheduled on different weekends as both events are extremely popular and the conflict will likely reduce attendance at both rallies. However, the organizers do the work and therefore get to choose the dates. Hence the current dilemma. Hopefully the conflict can be resolved but if not those of us in the region will have a choice to make. Who knows, a little competition might be a good thing as long as we all remember the purpose of these gatherings is to have fellowship and fun.
Chuck,
Thanks for the information. You explained things very well. I would indeed like to go to both Alumalina and Falluminum as well as any event where there are Airstreams. I was a little taken back about WBCCI being brought into the conversation in post 66. I may have jumped to quickly in believing the Alumalina might be another event where meetings and activities would be dominated by WBCCI members. Many of us have been going to Springstream and Falluminum for years typically held pretty much on the same dates like the Canopener. I am disappointed that organizers of other rallies don't coordinate with others so we can enjoy all events. Hopefully, their is not an attitude among organizers that my rally is better than yours and I will plan it when ever I like.
Thanks for your comments.
Frank
Frank McFee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 09:00 PM   #14
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
May I make a suggestion? If you want to come to the Hiawasee Rally, then please do. Everybody is welcomed there even if you don't have 'Stream. If you want to go to the Carolina rally, please do so.

We've been to at least a half-dozen of Allan's get-togethers and have had a great time, every time.

If you want to argue about rallies, please start your own thread. It's not appropriate here. And quite frankly, most of us don't want to wade thru that swamp again, and again, and again.

Ok, off my soapbox now. Luv you all, just lighten up some, would ya?

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 06:53 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
In a perfect world they would be held back to back. As far as I drive to attend several independent rallies I would like to extend the trip and make a couple of events. But if I have to choose I will attend Fallaluminum. Hopefully the organizers are communicating with each other and something can be worked out and this will not become a popularity contest.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 12:26 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Both great events. Not a competition. You will win if you attend either. You will lose if you miss both.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:05 AM   #17
4 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
Cumming , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmbstreamer View Post
Both great events. Not a competition. You will win if you attend either. You will lose if you miss both.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Matt,

I like your attitude!

G

As I saw written one time:
"I don't always tow a travel trailer, but when I do, I tow an Airstream"...stay thirsty my friends.
StreaminGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:21 AM   #18
4 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
Cumming , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Susan View Post
May I make a suggestion? If you want to come to the Hiawasee Rally, then please do. Everybody is welcomed there even if you don't have 'Stream. If you want to go to the Carolina rally, please do so.

We've been to at least a half-dozen of Allan's get-togethers and have had a great time, every time.

If you want to argue about rallies, please start your own thread. It's not appropriate here. And quite frankly, most of us don't want to wade thru that swamp again, and again, and again.

Ok, off my soapbox now. Luv you all, just lighten up some, would ya?

Jim
In my best Slingblade voice, "I like the way you talk".

G
StreaminGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 11:56 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Thanks Matt and others. I fully agree 98%..

It was bound to happen. People have been coming to our Georgia Airstream Camper Rallies since 2005. Others have sprouted their own with little help from me. I just want to camp with some fine folks and see a lot of aluminum (and some other materials). I will be there in the Fall if I am here on earth and well. Let's hope and pray for both!
AIR #005
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
Old 02-16-2015, 03:54 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Carrollton , Georgia
This might be one we could do. Not too far from home!
GWTFLO is offline   Reply With Quote