Old 07-15-2010, 10:17 AM   #57
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
We have an unusual view of our driveway now...with no shiny aluminum in it. But there will be another...older...smaller ( hope I am not describing myself here ...down the road a bit.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:33 AM   #58
2 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Davenport , Iowa
Send a message via Yahoo to MRHottinger Send a message via Skype™ to MRHottinger
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANSD View Post
Sold our super Airstream to a couple who will be coming to Falluminum! They are excited to be the proud new owners of the shiny 31.
We will be there if we can though... meven if we have to rent a trailer!
We are pround to have kept this very nice trailer in N GA. We have a site for the rally, now added the aluminum trailer and we are ready to go. Thanks to Alan for all the work he put in the AS as it has allowed us to stretch higher than we had planned but gave us a very nice example of an AS.

See you all at Falluminum, now hopefully the site works for the camper.

Mike

Old 07-16-2010, 06:28 AM   #59
4 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
Cumming , Georgia
Welcome/hazing/initiation/prepare the snakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRHottinger View Post
We are pround to have kept this very nice trailer in N GA. We have a site for the rally, now added the aluminum trailer and we are ready to go. Thanks to Alan for all the work he put in the AS as it has allowed us to stretch higher than we had planned but gave us a very nice example of an AS.

See you all at Falluminum, now hopefully the site works for the camper.

Mike
Mike,

Welcome aboard, you've bought a great trailer that you guys will certainly enjoy for a long time. You're starting off much different than most vintage Airstreamers. Most buy trailers, then work and toil towards making their first trip...then continue to work on other stuff that needs improvements. With this trailer, it's all done. Nothing to do but enjoy it and maintain it's excellent condition!
I am surprised that you're coming camping after Alan explained the hazing/initiation process involved. I hope he didn't leave that out in the interest of selling the trailer.

Thanks, G

PS Please let us know if you have any problems with snake handling before we begin preparations. Chant, chant, chant.....
Old 07-16-2010, 08:43 AM   #60

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreaminGuy View Post
I am surprised that you're coming camping after Alan explained the hazing/initiation process involved. I hope he didn't leave that out in the interest of selling the trailer.

Thanks, G

PS Please let us know if you have any problems with snake handling before we begin preparations. Chant, chant, chant.....
Gev!!!,

That's top secret inner fire circle privileged information you're putting out on the street for everyone to see. Now we'll never get any new attendees at the rally.

Hey Mike,

Glad you're able to attend. The rallies in Hiawassee are always fun if "G" behaves, and they're usually better when he doesn't. Ruth always does a pretty good job keeping him out of trouble.

Alan put a lot of effort into that trailer and hopefully you'll be able to enjoy the benefits of his work. All Airstream require maintenance of one form or another but you should have many of the not so pleasant chores out of the way.

We can't make it this Fall so hopefully we'll catch up with you all at SpringStream 11.

Regards,

Kevin

"You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."

Eleanor Roosevelt

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:20 PM   #61
4 Rivet Member

1984 34' International
1977 Argosy 24
Central , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreaminGuy View Post
I am surprised that you're coming camping after Alan explained the hazing/initiation process involved.
Don't worry. The real hazing is reserved for those with the name Brad. Worse if their last initial is R.

empresley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:02 PM   #62
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
My site is probably available...not sure but we might do the Ramada Inn.

Still thinking on that.

By the way if you sell a 31 foot airstream, you can't believe all the stuff that you have to take out of it!! OMG.
My house is full of camping gear, dishes, pots, extra clothes, memorabilia from trips taken and so on.
I will need a trailer just to store it all.

Congrats to PIZZACHOP --Ron and Brenda on the birth of the newest addition to the pizza clan...Ethan James. 10lbs plus!
Old 07-16-2010, 06:42 PM   #63
4 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
1959 17' Pacer
Vintage Kin Owner
holly springs , Georgia
Dont feel bad Alan; this will be my third stay in the Ramada! But at least I get to visit aluminum. And who knows maybe someday I'll make mine habitable.
Kevin
Old 07-18-2010, 06:43 PM   #64
1 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Easley , South Carolina
Hey, Its been a few years since we have been to the fall rally. I broke down and signed up, so bear with me as I am new to posting. Pickens County Campers has grown and we have a few more members. I am planning on bringing a new Spartan this year. Our group has another Spartan as well as a Yellowstone too. I will be calling to get a few sites. Does anyone know if they are any sites left?
Old 07-18-2010, 06:59 PM   #65
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
For the PCC, there's always room! There are a few sites available. Just call 'em.

Jim

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:01 PM   #66
2 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Davenport , Iowa
Send a message via Yahoo to MRHottinger Send a message via Skype™ to MRHottinger
New to us Excella

Well, thanks to Alan, we have our "New" Airstream and we enjoyed it this weekend at Lake Lanier. Can't wait to meet more AS people at the Falluminum.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	June July 2010 205 (Medium).jpg
Views:	71
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	107004   Click image for larger version

Name:	June July 2010 056 (Medium).jpg
Views:	69
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	107005  

Old 07-18-2010, 09:44 PM   #67
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1975 27' Overlander
Chattanooga , Tennessee
[QUOTE=ALANSD;872410]My site is probably available...not sure but we might do the Ramada Inn.

Still thinking on that.

By the way if you sell a 31 foot airstream, you can't believe all the stuff that you have to take out of it!! OMG.
My house is full of camping gear, dishes, pots, extra clothes, memorabilia from trips taken and so on.
I will need a trailer just to store it all.

That's why you need another trailer before you sell one! Haven't you learned anything from watching me??? I'm going through withdrawals for you! I'll help you look.
Air #2757
1989 SquareStream (Annie #8)
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:59 PM   #68
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1975 27' Overlander
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Congratulations to Pizzachop and family on the new addition. Maybe we'll get to meet him at Falluminum.
Air #2757
1989 SquareStream (Annie #8)
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:40 PM   #69
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRHottinger View Post
Well, thanks to Alan, we have our "New" Airstream and we enjoyed it this weekend at Lake Lanier. Can't wait to meet more AS people at the Falluminum.
loooks great with that awning out!
Watch out for that tag though!
Old 07-19-2010, 11:16 PM   #70
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
Danielsville , Georgia
Quote:
Congratulations to Pizzachop and family on the new addition. Maybe we'll get to meet him at Falluminum.
We may be able to make it if we can snag Alan's spot. Things have been a bit hectic the last year but we'd really like to make it to another rally.

PizzaChop is offline   Reply With Quote