Old 09-06-2010, 01:51 PM   #155
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
actually in Seattle. But a very nice man named Bill from Alabama and a Canopener attendee, saw my inquiry and messaged about two that he has. His are the longer ones with the curved end , not for my trailer...maybe someone else needs two?

Old 09-06-2010, 08:22 PM   #156
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Here's what we did, Alan: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f226...tml#post760286. Cheap and very comfortable. We used standard twin bed covers, sheets, etc. Works very well, did I mention they are very comfortable? And inexpensive?

Jim

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:17 AM   #157
3 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Cloudland , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANSD View Post
getting stuff done on the 66. Looking way better already ( and does not smell anymore!).
I am looking for two rv twin mattresses if anyone has a suggestion. They are the 34X74. Also 4 tires.
This just popped up on the Chattanooga Craigslist:

RV MATTRESSES
AIR #17143
TAC #G-15
StanandLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:01 AM   #158
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Thanks for that link. I just found a great deal on Overstock. Memory foam set with covers and all .... on sale over the weekend for 149 with free shipping. I bought two sets.
They look perfect for the trailer... and had good reviews as well.
Hope they are as comfy as everyone said there.
Now 4 tires are next.
Got a lot of the small things done over the 3 day weekend...it is coning along nicely.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:57 AM   #159
3 Rivet Member

2008 30' Classic
Tampa , Florida
4 Tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANSD View Post
Thanks for that link. I just found a great deal on Overstock. Memory foam set with covers and all .... on sale over the weekend for 149 with free shipping. I bought two sets.
They look perfect for the trailer... and had good reviews as well.
Hope they are as comfy as everyone said there.
Now 4 tires are next.
Got a lot of the small things done over the 3 day weekend...it is coning along nicely.
I just replaced my 15" wheels with 16" wheels. Although I would not recommend Goodyear Marathons to anyone, I will be getting rid of them. I have 2 that have less than 500 miles on them, one is a 2007 that was my spare while the other is a 2010 that I bought in Ellijay. There are 2 brand new tires waiting for me to pick up at my local tire dealer. After the adjustment they will cost me about $20.00 each. I planned to sell them locally but if you are interested maybe, we can work something out. Again let me be very clear that I would not go back on the road with Goodyear Marathons on my trailer even though there are those that feel they are good tires. See you at Falluminum. Jerry.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:20 AM   #160
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
It is a month away!

Ok you all--- to get us ready, I wanted to remind you about the following-

- a dish to share at breakfast Sat morn at 10 AM. Coffee is good too....
we will have griddles etc, and the magic hot chocolate machine

- bring a "gift" to swap at our raffle after dinner, bring one you get one. Or not, it's up to you.. I have some more great Inland Rv giveaways from last time...

- Tour of homes at 12 noon, meet and start together. If you don't want to show your interior, we will have a sign you can post that says closed, rather than give out 40 that say "open "

- musicians set up at 5 for playing after dinner .

-Bring a dish or dessert or bottle of wine or whatever to share at Sat. dinner 5:30.

- Have a great weekend enjoying the Fall in N Georgia Mountains- and don't forget that the lake is wonderful for kayaks, canoes, etc.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Our AIRSTREAM and TIN CAN TOURIST Rallys
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:08 AM   #161
3 Rivet Member

2008 30' Classic
Tampa , Florida
We are arriving for Falluminium on October 18th and will be leaving on the 25th. We will be in site A20.

We ended up with 2 sites booked for January 23rd through February 6th at St. Lucie South (FL). This is near Stuart on the East Coast. Obviously we only need one site so the other will become available as soon as we cancel it. This is a Corp of Engineer Park and is right near the locks. There are only 8 sites that can be reserved plus one walk up and they are next to impossible to book anytime from December through April. If anyone was thinking of heading south during this time period you might want to pick this up. If you are interested let us know so we can schedule our cancellation so you can pick it up as soon as we cancel. Hope you will join us there. Jerry
Bandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:56 AM   #162
3 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Cloudland , Georgia
Hey Alan, how's it coming on that '66? We gonna be able to see it in a couple of weeks?
AIR #17143
TAC #G-15
StanandLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:35 AM   #163
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
IT'S COMING. I got it to the point where we can pull it up there....safely. And spend the nights relatively comfortable.
Read- 4 tires, new taillights, new mattresses. We will not have a fridge, LP gas, water. Well, maybe water.

Roughin' it after the 80 Excella!

Here are some of the photos, from finding it to where I am with it now...
AIR #005
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Old 10-09-2010, 05:11 PM   #164
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Because I have already been asked about it..April 9- weekend would be Springstream. Easter is the 24th, very late this yr.
AIR #005
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Old 10-09-2010, 10:11 PM   #165
3 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Fort Worth , Texas
Well, if any of you guys have noticed by our other posts, our AS won't be ready to roll in time to get us to the rally, since we have to make a stop in Kentucky after leaving WI. We have a spot to offer up. We are on the map, so you can take a look, and call the camp ground for more details, it is actually two tent camping spots that they combine and rent out as one spot if they get full, it's kind of a pull through, and she said it's level. Sorry guys, we were really looking forward to it!
Samara and Steve

www.steventothemax.com
steven2themax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:02 AM   #166
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
Sorry to hear that you cannot make it.

I would like to see if that/those spot(s) could be claimed. I can call tomorrow morning, but need to know what to say.

Thanks!

Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven2themax View Post
... We have a spot to offer up. We are on the map, so you can take a look, and call the camp ground for more details, it is actually two tent camping spots that they combine and rent out as one spot if they get full, it's kind of a pull through, and she said it's level. Sorry guys, we were really looking forward to it!
Samara and Steve
'09 Dodge Cummins Ram 3500 Crew 4x4 auto
AIR 1753
Phil and/or Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:38 AM   #167
3 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Fort Worth , Texas
Phil, you'll need both spots unless you're tent camping. I can call the campground and let them know w're not coming, and then you can call and reserve them, they are only charging me for one spot. Let me know what time you want to call, I hear they are busy this time of year. Unless someone has a suggestion for how to switch easier.
Samara

www.steventothemax.com
steven2themax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:20 PM   #168
3 Rivet Member

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Westfield , Indiana
Cool anyone else planning on canceling reservations?

Hi All,

If anyone else has plans to cancel, please let us know as we are now able to attend and would look forward to enjoying Georgia and meeting all of you!

Thanks,
Lana