Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 07:27 AM   #181

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
It's sounds like another fun Air Midwest rally, we missed being there but work sometimes gets in the way! We will be there in the Spring and look forward to seeing pictures of the rally. Safe travels to all of you
Old 10-26-2014, 02:56 PM   #182
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Let's see here...where do I begin.

I want to thank all of you folks who made it to the rally. We seemed to have as many first time rally attendees as the all-pro veteran attendees. Our total was 17 trailers which included our friends from San Antonio who showed up unannounced as a surprise to my family. They have a neat little "Quicksilver" by Livin Lite that they have attended three of our Texas Airstream events in. All aluminum...all good. I know these friends read our rally posts, so thank you my friends for giving us the best surprise we have had in years.

My next big thank you goes to forum member Macs. Macs brought an overhead projector, professional screen, and blu ray player so the kids could watch movies and the KC Royal fans could watch the World Series. After spending the entire evening not being able to receive signal from coax, Macs went out and brought back a Dish Network Tailgater satellite system. Macs also brought custom embroidered hats with the event's information on them, some inflatable alien Halloween decorations, and enough candy for the entire north and south campground's children.

Cool Hats!

Great A/V Set up thanks to Macs

Another big thanks to forum member Indy for bringing tools, supplies, and giving a workshop on the aluminum bird houses. It was great to see half the pavilion filled with people banging out faux rivet lines. It seems that this was a great idea Indy, and we all love the houses! To those of you who didn't get a chance to make one because you either forgot, were out and about away from camp, or didn't make the rally you don't need to worry as Indy and I will be working on a PDF instructable for the birdhouses.

Everyone having fun...nobody got cut!

Indy explaining how they were going to build the houses

Stevie showing off her work.

As it goes without saying, there was way more food than people that could eat it. I love that everyone seems to cook such amazing dishes at these events. Several dutch oven dishes made their appearance (BBQ Moose, Meatloaf, Dump Cake, Sweet Potato Pudding cake, etc). Many folks asked for recipes and Stephanie has obliged by posting one of hers already. For those with interest, Amy and I are moving forward with our plans for an Air-Midwest rally dish cookbook. It was something we wanted to do years ago before we moved to Texas, but never followed though. If you would like to submit a recipe and instructions for prep along with a couple pictures...we would love to include it. This is not strictly for folks who attended this rally, but to all folks who make great food at these rally events that people have asked you for the recipe. I for one would love loislane's salad recipe, Sams' dutch oven sweet potato dish, Zweihigh's sister's Banana Pudding (Doubt we get that one), Mac's Meatloaf, sgrahm's corn dip, 76sovereign's Pani Popo, and many more.

FOOOOOOOOOOD!

Pani Popo

Low Country Shrimp Boil

Stephanie's Dump Cake

With the park having it's annual Witchy Weekend events during the rally, several attendees took the time to decorate for Halloween or at least got festive. We didn't have too many kids Trick or Treating, but we had plenty of candy for them.

Isadora's Arg-oh-sea

Isadora's decoration area.

Loislane's trailer

How about these festive folks?

Schkube's Trailer

Zweihigh's Decorations

I think what pleased me more than anything were that the kids who were in attendance all had a great time. When we were leaving Collin told me he was really going to miss all the new kids he had met while at the rally. Then he started to yell down the hill that he was leaving and that he really hoped all the other kids would come to another camping event so he could see them again. Unfortunately I missed getting a picture of Schkube's little girl, but I know lots of you were taking pics and I hope she is in one of them. We're unfortunately missing two kids in this picture, but it turned out good anyhow.

What a happy bunch!

Finally we get to my pics of the trailers. I know, what took so long right? While we all love these trailers, it is truly the people and camaraderie that bring us to these events. I told many of you at the rally that we don't even camp outside of these rally events. Airstreaming is truly a social experience for us. I was happy to hear from another attendee that we are not alone in this practice.

At the end of the rally there were several of us discussing future rally events. The bird house project was insanely popular..almost everyone wanted to participate. There are many "craft" folks who attend these events and we proposed that on one of the upcoming rally events that we all set up craft stations and allow attendees to make and take their items. These would include kiln fired glass art, custom jewelry earrings and necklace pendants, leather key chains and bracelets, and other items too. If this sounds good to you, please let me know as I am keeping notes for this future event.

Thanks again to everyone for making this a great event. We are so happy to be back in Missouri and back with Air-Midwest. The following are links for the facebook pages for Air-Midwest Airstream Rallies and the Airstream Adventures pages I was referring to.

Steve
Old 10-26-2014, 05:31 PM   #183
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Cedarcreek , Missouri
Ditto, Ditto, Ditto, Steve! Always fun to see old friends; especially fun to meet new. Thanks again for having us. See you all in the spring (if not sooner).

Brian, Jo Ann, & Genie
Old 10-27-2014, 08:14 AM   #184
3 Rivet Member

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Hot Springs Village , Arkansas
Steve,

You did a great job & it was good to see old friends and meet new ones. We had an uneventful drive home through the beautiful Ozarks and arrived home about 6:00. Going back over to our "Casa de Plata" (Silver House) to finish the unload.

Sam & GiGi
Old 10-27-2014, 08:33 AM   #185
3 Rivet Member

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Hot Springs Village , Arkansas
indy good to meet you at Air Midwest in Branson last week. Did not know you were a Volcano Dutch Oven Master. Volcano's are great - we will have to compare notes next time we meet up.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:40 AM   #186
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Cedarcreek , Missouri
I wonder how many folks stopped by Home Depot for aluminum flashing, snips and a nail set on the way home... ? Thanks again, Indy! Awesome job!
Old 10-27-2014, 11:16 PM   #187
2 Rivet Member

2014 28' International
Fort Riley , Kansas
Hey everyone,

I hope you all made it home safe and sound! Todd, the girls and I made it home by 7PM on Monday, after dropping our Silver Girl of at the "spa", meaning we dropped her off in Springfield at the dealer for some much needed TLC. I did want to say that I have so enjoyed meeting all of you, we all had a great time and it was amazing to share a kindred spirit with other Airstream enthusiasts. The food was amazing, our girls met great new friends as did we and the birdhouse craft was outstanding. I am so excited for a spring rally, it cannot come soon enough, it seems that winter is just too long (it hasn't even started yet, jeez)

I have been trying to friend peeps on here, but I can't seem to figure it out, so if you, my rally buddies, can just friend me that'd be awesome! Happy Halloween and let's stay in touch!
Old 10-28-2014, 05:47 AM   #188
1 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 30
Pine bluff , Arkansas
Everyone hit me up on the FaceBook. It's Kelly Murphy in beautiful Pine Bluff Arkansas. But you might not find the beautiful part. Me and the city council are still at odds on the wording. Ha
Old 10-28-2014, 09:07 AM   #189
Lynn & Sue

2007 31' Classic
Olathe , Kansas
Thanks to everyone for making us feel so welcome at the “Acorn Bomb Rally in the Woods” last weekend. Not only did we enjoy making new friends, but we learned several tips to apply to Susie Q. Especially love that Jim (Isadora) introduced us to our double step that we thought was single. We no longer need a parachute to get out of her.

A special thanks to Steve (soldiermedic) for organizing the Rally and especially loved the delicious food and evening events. Indy, thanks for sharing your talents and materials and especially for your patience. We will treasure our new birdhouse. Hope everyone had a good journey home and we look forward to our next adventure with you.

Lynn and Sue
Old 10-28-2014, 01:07 PM   #190
1 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 30
Pine bluff , Arkansas
Who was looking for the Avion Camper shell. It was someone at the Fall Rally. I found one in Texarkana. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1414523224.932781.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	364.3 KB
ID:	225307
Old 11-15-2014, 07:45 PM   #191
2 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Billings , Missouri
Mac's meatloaf recipe:
2# pork-hamburger mix
2 beaten eggs
1 cup oatmeal
1 can rotel tomatoes original ,can substitute hot!
1 cup onion chopped
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
Bake 350 till meet thermometer registers 165 about one hour drain fat.
Last 15 minutes of cooking top with ketchup mixture.

Ketchup mixture-
1/2 cup ketchup
3tsp.sugar
3tsp. Brown sugar
Mix well
Enjoy
Questions email m_supply@sbcglobal.net
Or call 417-839-7654

I had a great witchy weekend and look forward to a spring rally. Work has begun on my 1946 Aero Flite hope to have camp worthy but not finished for spring rally! Look forward to seeing everyone in the spring! Someone tell me where and when and I'll be there with bells on!

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 11-15-2014, 08:11 PM   #192
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Thanks Al! Amy has been asking for this recipe.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:22 AM   #193
3 Rivet Member

1962 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
kansas city , Missouri
Next rally craft project?
How about aluminum riveted name tags, and or copper folded jewlery.
And pot luck dish signs, that name the dish and its maker, or the recipe.

Just some thought!
We can to it.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:38 AM   #194
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Name tag idea sounds cool. Have a prototype?
Old 11-16-2014, 09:00 AM   #195
3 Rivet Member

1984 31' Excella
1976 Argosy 24
Olsburg , Kansas
Spring Rally???

Joyce and I haven't been able to attend a rally for quite a few years. I know for some this may be premature; however, we are looking at our camping plans already for the next season. At the last rally was there a discussion going for the Spring Rally date?? We are hoping to be able to attend the spring rally, being retired is hard to find open dates on our calendar.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:03 AM   #196
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
There was nothing discussed at the event regarding the Spring event, but I did hear from fly son cloud that he has been working on the event with dates and location. Even I have no idea when or where it will be, but it is usually held in April.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:48 AM   #197

Olathe , Kansas
Whenever and wherever we will try to be there. We hated missing the fall rally and look forward to seeing everyone in the spring!
Old 11-16-2014, 06:29 PM   #198
3 Rivet Member

1962 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
kansas city , Missouri
Yes, prototypes in the works.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:46 PM   #199

Olathe , Kansas
Those sound great! We can't wait for crafts class.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:06 PM   #200
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
Can't wait to come to the Spring rally, it sounds like you all had a great weekend! So glad to hear Shane has some plans going!!?? I only hope it won't be April 18th weekend!! The crafts project sounds fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Closed Thread