Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 08:59 PM   #41
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Hope so!

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

Old 09-19-2014, 03:47 PM   #42
3 Rivet Member

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Hot Springs Village , Arkansas
Just made reservations - will arrive Thursday afternoon & depart Sunday.
Old 09-19-2014, 04:57 PM   #43
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sams View Post
Just made reservations - will arrive Thursday afternoon & depart Sunday.
Evening all,

I spoke with the park today shortly before Sams had posted he made his reservation. With Sam, we only have 5 people officially registered for this event. I guess some people have signed up on the "Sign Up" page, but not called the park. The park is not holding these sites for us any longer as I initially told them we would expect 20 trailers. This leaves about 20 spots open to the public to book for the event weekend. It goes without saying that if you are the least bit interested in attending the event, you need to call and book a spot. The park will give a full refund up to seven days before if you cannot make it.

With the group not meeting the required 20, we were offered 10% off. I truly hope more folks are able to join up in the next 4 weeks, but it appears many people are just unable to make it.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:28 PM   #44

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
It sounds like people need to reserve their spots! It's killing me that we won't make it this year and Air Midwest is always a fun rally so get your reservations while you can.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:04 PM   #45
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I just received the "Witchy Weekend" festivities information. All of these activities are free to those camping that weekend. Not sure how many of you are bringing kids, but I know my son and Kani's grand kids will want to partake in them.

Old 09-29-2014, 07:55 AM   #46
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
2006 39' Land Yacht 396 XL
Lawrence , Kansas
So we have never attended an airstream rally but we are thinking of attending this one. Are you still open for sign up and what do I need to do? Thanks.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:56 AM   #47
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Attending is eas..., all you have to do is call the number to Compton Ridge and book a site for the dates of the rally. we look forward to seeing you there!
Old 09-29-2014, 08:56 AM   #48
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
2006 39' Land Yacht 396 XL
Lawrence , Kansas
Thanks for the info shoildermedic! My wife and I have made reservations and are looking forward to meeting other airsream enthusiasts. We will be camping in a partially restored 64 Tradewind. We are problely arriving earlier than most (wednesday the 22nd) and will enjoy watching the airstreams roll in to camp. Fellow campers please let us know if there is any thing we need to know or do.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:31 PM   #49
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttbikes View Post
Thanks for the info shoildermedic! My wife and I have made reservations and are looking forward to meeting other airsream enthusiasts. We will be camping in a partially restored 64 Tradewind. We are problely arriving earlier than most (wednesday the 22nd) and will enjoy watching the airstreams roll in to camp. Fellow campers please let us know if there is any thing we need to know or do.
You will definitely make it there before us. I just found out my son is off school the 24th, and I have requested the entire day off. If that is allowed then we will drive down on Thursday evening.

Only a few spots left folks...get em while you can.

Steve
Old 10-02-2014, 05:02 PM   #50
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Danielle and I certainly enjoyed the AIR Midwest spring rally we attended in 2013. We hope to make it out your way again and spring 2015 is looking good for us. We'll keep an eye on this thread to see if/when the spring event is announced.
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
Old 10-02-2014, 07:54 PM   #51
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
Finally remembered to reserve our spot, we are in!

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

https://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Old 10-06-2014, 07:33 PM   #52
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Less than three weeks to go. Weather has been cooling off quite a bit and we are looking forward to the warmth of the campfires to be had at the rally.

See ya'll soon!
Old 10-07-2014, 12:39 PM   #53
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
The WBCCI Mississippi Unit is currently on a caravan to Branson.
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
Old 10-07-2014, 12:59 PM   #54
2 Rivet Member

2014 28' International
Fort Riley , Kansas
Smile Fall MO rally

Hi everyone, is it too late to sign up for this rally? While I am kind of late in the game to notice, this is the weekend we were going to take our Silver Girl out once more for this year. We are fairly new to the Midwest, live at Fort Riley KS and since we are military our weekends off aren't quite as predictable as we prefer, so short term decisions have often to be made. We are not members in the club, do we have to be to be at the rally? I would love to hear from you!
Old 10-07-2014, 02:04 PM   #55
3 Rivet Member

1962 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
kansas city , Missouri
Made reservation this mornning!

I called the campground and, We will arrive Friday, looking forward to meeting all the other happy campers and trailers.

1962 Safari 22ft.

Let the good times roll.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	442.3 KB
ID:	223892  
Old 10-07-2014, 03:32 PM   #56
Rivet Master

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Branson , Missouri
Twinkiemand, it's never too late to sign up for the rally as long as space is available.

I believe Soldiermedic is the host and he has the right URL info for you to make your reservation and join in the fun.

Unfortunately we are on our way to Lake Catharine State Park and will miss you.

I grew up in Jct City (of which I don't necessarily lay claim to… :-) but have lived in Branson for the past 28 years.

https://www.pbase.com/murreywalker

2011 23 FC FB
Old 10-07-2014, 04:18 PM   #57
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Twinkie...you can absolutely sign up just to join us for the sibgle evening if you like. I am former military and my wife is actuve duty so we are happy to see other vets joining us. Fort Riley....well let's just say I spent a week there back in 2002. Custer hill sucked then, and I'm sure it hasn't gotten better. Too bad we didnt plan the rslly iver the Columbus weekend training holiday.

Indy, glad to have tou joinung us as well. Keep reservung spots folks...good times to be had by all!
Old 10-07-2014, 04:58 PM   #58
2 Rivet Member

2014 28' International
Fort Riley , Kansas
Hi there!

I booked a site from the 24th through the 26th and it's our first rally!! So excited to join you guys! Yeah Riley is ok, could be worst lol. So i booked at Compton Ridge campground, is that ok? The only thing is she wasn't sure on the price, wasn't that already previously agreed on? She said we'd know the final total when we get there. Funny thing was too that I first called to make sure that there was space and she quoted me 40$ minus 10% group discount and then when I called to book she said it was 60? I'm confused may call them again.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:10 PM   #59
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkiemand View Post
Hi there!

I booked a site from the 24th through the 26th and it's our first rally!! So excited to join you guys! Yeah Riley is ok, could be worst lol. So i booked at Compton Ridge campground, is that ok? The only thing is she wasn't sure on the price, wasn't that already previously agreed on? She said we'd know the final total when we get there. Funny thing was too that I first called to make sure that there was space and she quoted me 40$ minus 10% group discount and then when I called to book she said it was 60? I'm confused may call them again.
Originally when the event was booked, we were supposed to get a group rate if we had 20 trailers. The weekend of the event is one of their "Witchy Weekends" that is considered a holiday, and is never discounted. Because of hosting 4 previous events at the campground, they made the group requirement 20 trailers because of all of the additional activities they include for the weekend (See the flyer posted earlier in this thread). A couple of weeks ago, the park called and offered me 10% off the Holiday rate if we could not get the 20 trailers for the event. I probably need to call Rene at the park to see where we are at, but I don't think we are at 20 yet. As far as the rate you were quoted, here is what I think is going on. The park has many different types of sites. Primitive, fully paved, etc. Better sites are a higher cost per night. Perhaps you got one of the nicer places to park. I don't even think the park has grouped us together since call ins to book were sporadic.

Im going to cal now to see what is going on. As long as you told them you were with the Airstream event then it should be okay.

Steve
Old 10-07-2014, 05:21 PM   #60
2 Rivet Member

2014 28' International
Fort Riley , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
Originally when the event was booked, we were supposed to get a group rate if we had 20 trailers. The weekend of the event is one of their "Witchy Weekends" that is considered a holiday, and is never discounted. Because of hosting 4 previous events at the campground, they made the group requirement 20 trailers because of all of the additional activities they include for the weekend (See the flyer posted earlier in this thread). A couple of weeks ago, the park called and offered me 10% off the Holiday rate if we could not get the 20 trailers for the event. I probably need to call Rene at the park to see where we are at, but I don't think we are at 20 yet. As far as the rate you were quoted, here is what I think is going on. The park has many different types of sites. Primitive, fully paved, etc. Better sites are a higher cost per night. Perhaps you got one of the nicer places to park. I don't even think the park has grouped us together since call ins to book were sporadic.

Im going to cal now to see what is going on. As long as you told them you were with the Airstream event then it should be okay.

Steve
Hey Steve,

yes I told them, I spoke to Miranda. I was kind of in a rush and not able to really ask and just took her word. I would hope that we are all together sort of, because if at an Airstream rally you wanna be with Airstreamers lol...

Dunja