Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 01:27 PM   #101
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Thanks for the reminder Sam! If you want to add yourselves for the potluck, copy the information and paste it with your dish into your comment. For all you coffee drinkers, I have a large number of coffee packs that were given to us for our Summer rally. Amy said she tried one the other day and that it is still very fresh. You are all welcome to take as many as you like (until we run out).

I just called the park and they have agreed that they will place us all at the North campground. This will give us access to the pavilion where we can have covered gatherings. Saturday potluck will be held here, but I would also like to suggest having a Friday evening mixer/happy hour at the pavilion where people can bring snacks/drinks and their dinner if they want. I'll have my propane powered fire dancer going and we can get some tunes playing. In the past we have had everyone bring their instruments to "jam" around the pavilion, have someone bring a projector for movies, and even had someone bring one of those propane workshop furnaces to provide a little warmth in the pavilion area.

Saturday Night Potluck
Sams-Sweet Potato Pud'n Cake
Soldiermedic-Low Country Shrimp Boil (Shrimp, Sausage, Corn, Potatoes, Onions)
Old 10-17-2014, 02:01 PM   #102
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
1984 31' Excella
Springfield , Missouri
busplunge: How I Spent The Week: In An Airstream Trailer, Drinking Beer And Eating Deviled Eggs

I think this was a Compton North? in 2008

Here's the 2007 rally photos. http://bus-plunge.blogspot.com/2007/...n-branson.html

I've got photos of Eureka Springs and Grove OK also but I can't find them lol
shoulda tagged them I guess
Old 10-17-2014, 07:27 PM   #103
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
Thinking aboout Butternut squash casserole. I have a new recipe that looks yummy. And Granny Smith baked apple pie tart things.

Art studio tour sounds like fun.

Speaking of art, we'll have osome of our walking sticks with us. A couple of people mentioned they would like to see them.

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

https://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Old 10-17-2014, 07:32 PM   #104
2 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Billings , Missouri
Projector and screen done! Ditch oven meatloaf done Saturday night!

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 10-18-2014, 08:01 AM   #105
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
You all are really making me sorry we can't be there this time!! And I also wanted to let you know Don and Jerry won't be there after all. They are going to an air show in Longview Tx that is an annual thing for them. They didn't realize it was the same time.
Have fun!!!😻

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 10-18-2014, 02:03 PM   #106
2 Rivet Member

2014 28' International
Fort Riley , Kansas
Saturday Night Potluck

I think that we might be able to contribute deviled eggs and perhaps chips and dip for the Friday mixer and we'll bring some cold ones as well
Then for the potluck we aren't yet sure, I may prep something ahead and bring it, perhaps a dish that involves pasta? Hot or cold? Also I thinking to bring some hot cocoa and marshmallows/tea for the little ones, anyone already doing that? Let me know if this sounds good, we haven't done this before, so its all new to us, suggestions welcome!
Old 10-18-2014, 02:16 PM   #107
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Cedarcreek , Missouri
I'm at the Compton Ridge north campground as we speak for a vintage trailer rally. A little hilly and challenging backing in for the longer trailers, but very wooded and scenic and the better choice over the other side of the park. Check-in at the park office is rather convoluted so come early and be patient.

Don't forget treats for the little ones if you want to participate in the Trick-or-Treat portion of the Witchy Weekend.

Put me down for a Dutch oven braised barbeque moose dish.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:45 PM   #108
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
For some reason my email hasn't updated me about people responding to the rally thread. I have started a 2nd sign up below for Friday in case people want to bring something specific for that as well. Sams...I'm looking at your and your Cowboy Candy. Amy will be bringing her deluxe automated espresso machine from Italy so "Soldierbucks Coffee" will be open for everyone Saturday and Sunday.

Being that we have a crafty bunch, everyone please feel free to bring your wares. I know Sandra makes amazing jewelry, walking sticks, and spirit bags. I have considered bringing some leather craft items, and I know Mount'n Man practices an art as well. If anyone is looking to do a polishing demonstration then I am more than happy to let them work on mine .

Projector and screen being brought...awesome. Anyone have a movie that is family friendly to watch? I am hoping for more responses than "The Long Long Trailer," or "RV." Nightmare before Xmas?

I have been out in the trailer all day cleaning and wondering what the heck is wrong with my hitch jack. I cannot figure where the issue is, but it isn't getting power. No blown fuses, so I am fearful there is a broken wire in the wall somewhere. Maybe if I can get another person's eyes on it then it may help.The fall colors in Branson have been absolutely beautiful in the past couple of weeks. There is still a lot of green, but we are getting yellow, red, and orange popping up.

Don't forget that the park is offering free hot dogs for lunch on Saturday as well as Wassel and Marshmallows Friday and Saturday night (Most of us will be at the pavilion I think". Twinkiemand, all of those items would be eggscellent, and would be welcome. I have added you for them, but you can change it anytime. Pasta is fine, and you can bring it in a crock pot if you want it warm. There is electrical at the North park's pavilion ans we can use that for whatever we need. Does anyone have a large hot water heater or coffee maker? We could just let it make hot water at the pavilion and people could use it for whatever drink they like.

Friday Night Mixer
Soldiermedic-Stuffed Olives, Cheese, Crackers, and Summer Sausage.
Twinkiemand-Chips and Dip, Cocoa/Tea

Saturday Night Potluck
Mount'n Man-Dutch Oven braised barbeque moose dish
Twinkiemand-Pasta?
Macs-Dutch Oven Meatloaf
Isadora-Butternut Squash Casserole and Granny Smith Apple Tart things
Old 10-19-2014, 09:53 PM   #109
3 Rivet Member

2014 23' International
Saint louis , Missouri
My potluck dish

Hey guys,
Jim and I will bring a fall salad for the potluck Saturday night and some fancy hummus and chips for Friday night. Might get something sweet too - good tip on bringing candy - one time Jim and I went to Land Between the Lakes on their Halloween weekend but we didn't realize the kids would be trick or treating at the campsite and we didn't have any candy - kinda hard to make it look like you aren't home in an airstream...

We'll be arriving early evening Friday night - @sam or @brian save me a spot by the small trailers.

Lois
"Homer"
Old 10-20-2014, 08:17 AM   #110
3 Rivet Member

1962 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
kansas city , Missouri
I will bring the tools and some materials to make your very own custom Mini aluminum bird house.
Fun!
Old 10-20-2014, 08:28 AM   #111
3 Rivet Member

1962 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
kansas city , Missouri
The wagon master and mini bird houses.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	349.7 KB
ID:	224751  
Old 10-20-2014, 08:36 AM   #112
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Cool!
Old 10-20-2014, 12:15 PM   #113
1 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 30
Pine bluff , Arkansas
Put me down for Jamie's (my sister) famous Banana Pudding and I will make some delicious deviled eggs... Maybe some other stuff to!!
Old 10-20-2014, 03:59 PM   #114
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Is that for Friday or Saturday Murph?
Old 10-20-2014, 10:39 PM   #115
2 Rivet Member

2014 28' International
Fort Riley , Kansas
Oh man, can I please say that I am getting so excited over here??! Wow, there are such great ideas out there, INDY I love, love, LOVE the bird houses, I wanna definitely do that!! I never even had the idea and they are precious! Is there anything we can bring or do you have all we may need?

I'm grabbing some glow sticks for the kiddos too so that they are seen when trick-or-treating.

Also, for Friday I am going to perhaps bring some cheese, crackers and nibbles instead of the dip and chips, also I scratched the pasta idea for Saturday night, I figure it might be chilly outside so I am making either chili or Walking Taco's. Something warm for us to eat.

In regards to movies, I will bring some along, my kids have a lot of them, so I am sure to grab some variety that is interesting to kids and the kids at heart.

Do we need disposable cutlery or plates?

Only a few more days, did I mention that I am excited to meet ya'll?
Old 10-21-2014, 04:05 AM   #116
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Just checked the weekend forecast...perfect camping weather for us!

Fri Oct 24
79°
56°

Sat Oct 25
82°
54°

Sun Oct 26
81°
58°

What time are people arriving on Friday? I would like to make the happy hour a time that fits for most people. Halloween events (Hay rides, Spook house, Hot cocoa and Marshmallows are from 5:30-8:00 PM). Does 5 or 6 work?

With Twinkiemand bringing cheese and crackers, we are going to change to bringing stadium style nachos. Nacho cheese with corn chips and some jalapenos. Twinkiemand, we will cut that sausage up and place it by your stuff for Friday night! Chili and/or walking tacos has been swapped out for you on Saturday.

For the kids that plan to Trick or Treat...I believe that is going on at the southern park location. Being a small campground, I don't know if we will have any kids. Maybe we can have our candy at the pavilion for the kids as we will be having pot luck and a movie on Saturday evening.

As for times...I want to have everything work for the most number of people. Indy, do you have a time you would like to do the bird houses? Will that be at the pavilion?

Trying to finish repairs on the Stream today and get a haircut tomorrow. Hitching up Wednesday night and leaving after work on Thursday!

Friday Night Mixer
Soldiermedic-Nachos, and Summer Sausage.
Twinkiemand-Cheese and crackers, Cocoa/Tea
Loislane-Chips and Hummus
Zweihigh-Deviled eggs

Saturday Night Potluck
Mount'n Man-Dutch Oven braised barbeque moose dish
Twinkiemand-Chili or Walking Tacos
Macs-Dutch Oven Meatloaf
Isadora-Butternut Squash Casserole and Granny Smith Apple Tart things
Loislane-Fall Salad
Zweihigh-Bananna pudding
Old 10-21-2014, 05:09 AM   #117
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Cedarcreek , Missouri
Last Saturday we had ten or 12 chaperoned Trick or Treaters make the trek to the north loop. Lots of folks made the drive/walk by with cameras in hand during the weekend, too. Once word gets out that there are so many AS's about, I expect the same.

Put me down for some cupcakes for Friday; looks like we might need some sweets :-)
Old 10-21-2014, 09:15 AM   #118
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
1984 31' Excella
Springfield , Missouri
Regina and I just got back earlier this month from a 4 month trip out west. It was grand!

I was planning on coming down for the weekend but fate intervened....pulmonary embolism.

Anyhow, we've always had a good time and I am glad to see someone else taking over the deviled eggs......

Have a good time you all and enjoy the perfect weather!

LOL... here is a post from April 2008 about the rally busplunge: How I Spent The Week: In An Airstream Trailer, Drinking Beer And Eating Deviled Eggs The first picture is our trailer and old suburban ,prepolishing.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:54 AM   #119
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Geez Jim. ..take care of that p.e. Let me know if you or Regina need anything..you know I'm only a few miles away.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:37 AM   #120
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Those folks bringing kids, can you let me know ages please?