Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 09:40 AM   #81
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Full refunds as long as it is 48 hours out from your show up date
Old 10-13-2014, 10:06 AM   #82
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Ok, spoke with owner of Acorn acres and with Compton. Acorn is looking at available sites for us right now and they have a meeting room. He will get back with availability and prices. Compton doesn't look like they are willing to go past the 10% discount that they already offered. Can I get sime opinions on how people would feel about moving parks and saving quite a bit of money? This is assuming that people are not interested in attending the witchy weekend events at compton ridge.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:03 AM   #83
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Alright...I hate multiple postings like this, but here's what I found out. after speaking with the owner, we are offered to move the rally to his location. He has plenty of open space and the rate would be either $40 or $42 per night, but he would offer 20% off that rate ($8 essentially). He would also give us the indoor meeting hall for free for Friday and Saturday. The only catch is that we would be spread through the park. The park is small however. That's where we are. Stay or go, it doesnt matter to me. I just want to have some airstream fun in 2 weeks
Old 10-13-2014, 11:20 AM   #84
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Cedarcreek , Missouri
We are going to be at Compton Ridge for a vintage trailer rally this weekend, so a move to Acorn Acres for the Air Midwest rally would be just fine with us. Back to back weekends at the same park would be, well, redundant. The lower price doesn't hurt, either. I vote "Move"...
Old 10-13-2014, 11:27 AM   #85
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
2006 39' Land Yacht 396 XL
Lawrence , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
Alright...I hate multiple postings like this, but here's what I found out. after speaking with the owner, we are offered to move the rally to his location. He has plenty of open space and the rate would be either $40 or $42 per night, but he would offer 20% off that rate ($8 essentially). He would also give us the indoor meeting hall for free for Friday and Saturday. The only catch is that we would be spread through the park. The park is small however. That's where we are. Stay or go, it doesnt matter to me. I just want to have some airstream fun in 2 weeks
I am good any way the majority want it.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:06 PM   #86
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Steve, I'm glad you called, and I agree it's probably too late to change now. I think people would lose some money on cancellations. Maybe just do the best you can & we'll know better next time if they don't keep the Airstreams together.
Our 'stream is 32' and the captain's is about the same. I'm not sure who else is coming with a 30-something.
As the host, it's up to you, but like you said, I'd be afraid to change it so late.
Might mention to Compton's if we're scattered, won't be back. I'm sure everyone will have fun no matter what! Airstreamers are adaptable & resourceful & will find a place to congregate no matter what Compton's does about placement!

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

Old 10-13-2014, 12:12 PM   #87
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Whoops! I posted last before you posted new info!
Multiple posts don't hurt! Good advertising and awareness for the always wonderful AIR Midwest Fall Rally!
I do love that meeting room at AA and they have great bathrooms! They're the only park that always gives us the room two days free - and in the past- even closed it to others the whole time!
We don't care - whatever you decide is fine! If we get to come we'll enjoy it either place!

Reba McEntire

Old 10-13-2014, 12:14 PM   #88
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
PS They also let us have a bonfire! Don't know if new owners will, but that was fun!

Reba McEntire

Old 10-13-2014, 02:18 PM   #89
1 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 30
Pine bluff , Arkansas
Mine is 30 foot.. Most places can accommodate this size. I don't mind moving to a different place just let me know. If I get a refund I get one. If not I'm not worried about it. As long as all of us "rally" people get to be at the same place!! Let me know y'all!!
Old 10-13-2014, 03:21 PM   #90
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
We will go with the majority. I don't mind moving as long as there isn't a cancellation charge at Compton, that would kind of nullify the lower price at AA, wouldn't it? Also perhaps someone should find out how many longer units were coming and if 5 spaces are enough to accommodate them. I would hate for anybody to be left out if there wasn't a space. Our little 24' won't be a problem.

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

https://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Old 10-13-2014, 03:48 PM   #91
2 Rivet Member

2014 23' FB International
Springdale , Arkansas
We are a bit torn on the issue. While we are looking forward to the rally and meeting everyone, at the same time we have a 3yr old who is gung-ho on Halloween. The Witchy Weekend events at Compton Ridge are a big plus for us.

That said, we completely understand, and won't be offended, if the rally is moved to Acorn Acres; however, we'll probably keep our reservation at Compton Ridge.

Tom
Old 10-13-2014, 06:59 PM   #92
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by schkube View Post
We are a bit torn on the issue. While we are looking forward to the rally and meeting everyone, at the same time we have a 3yr old who is gung-ho on Halloween. The Witchy Weekend events at Compton Ridge are a big plus for us.

That said, we completely understand, and won't be offended, if the rally is moved to Acorn Acres; however, we'll probably keep our reservation at Compton Ridge.

Tom
Tom,

Thank you for the response. I feel like we are in the same boat.

When we booked this event, we were told that this was not on the Witchy Weekend. When we found out it was on that weekend, we had already committed to the dates for the group. Like you, I have a child who was looking forward to the Witchy weekend events after hearing about them, and I really don't want to have to tell him we are changing plans. Most of all, I do not want to split the group even if it was 1-2 campers staying at the other park.

Most people I have spoken with are okay with moving to another park, but everyone is okay with staying at Compton Ridge and it is currently booked. There is a better chance of being grouped together if we stay as planned at Compton, and they have enough spots to accommodate the larger trailers. I also spoke with the park regarding the cancellation charge. It appears the "No charge if you cancel before 48 hours" was not true, and there is a $10 fee for canceling 1 week out. Less than a week is forfeiture of a single day's fee.

I think we should just keep the event at Compton Ridge. People will not have to cancel one reservation and book another just to save what will be $6 dollars overall. We also have the added value for anyone participating in the events offered by the park.

I can't make it perfect for everyone, but I think we will have a great time no matter what happens.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:46 PM   #93
2 Rivet Member

2014 23' FB International
Springdale , Arkansas
We completely agree with having a great time no matter what, and really appreciate the work you have done putting this together! Thank you.

Tom
Old 10-14-2014, 12:45 AM   #94
2 Rivet Member

2014 28' International
Fort Riley , Kansas
Hi Steve & all,

Got to this convo a little late, sorry for my late input. I think that we should stay with Compton, for one we all are pretty much booked and most of us do look forward to the witchy festivities one way or another, I know our two munchkins are psyched! I agree that Compton should be "gently but firmly" told that the spring rally will be somewhere else if they won't accommodate. That's just not good business behavior and frankly, in our travels we haven't really come across any place that didn't tell us our space # upfront, but maybe one. I also think that if they moved the witchy weekend AFTER you set to have the rally there, they should still honor at least the group discount, 20 people or not.
Either way, we will be happy campers meeting all of you and we are pretty excited! I meant to ask as well, any rundown on what we should bring? I got the marshmallow forks lol, but I mean are there anything we Airstreamer's are planning, apart from the witchy festivities?

Talk to you all soon!

PS: our AS's original interstate batteries are near dead (won't hold charges and we are still under our 1year warranty), so that'll be fun lol. We plan on dropping the trailer off in Springfield, MO Monday morning and leave her for repairs and warranty work, before traveling back to KS. I hate the thought.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:38 AM   #95
3 Rivet Member

1962 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
kansas city , Missouri
When I called and made res. I was not given an camp spot #
Shouldent they have and no deposit collected?
Now I am conserned that I don't have a spot.

I will call and verify.

Steve thanks for you efforts, we greatly appreciat you doing this for all.

We will be glad to change campgrounds, if that is the discision made.

Your call.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:56 AM   #96
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Indy, spots are not given out till arrival at the park, but you should have received an email showing you placed a deposit. I would call today and talk to the office. There is plenty of space available at the park.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:06 PM   #97
2 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Billings , Missouri
I glad that's all over see ya all at Compton ridge!

Old 10-17-2014, 06:52 AM   #98
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Cedarcreek , Missouri
Click image for larger version

Name:	Art Walk 001.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	227.7 KB
ID:	224550Yet another thing to do on Saturday! Some of our friends in the local art community are having their annual fall Art Studio Tour. I know we'll be visiting and supporting the folks we know, and hopefully meet some new artists during the day.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:27 AM   #99
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Mount'n man...what arelts do you practice?
Old 10-17-2014, 12:42 PM   #100
3 Rivet Member

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Hot Springs Village , Arkansas
Let's give some thought to the Sat Pot Luck & menu. Thinking we might bring the Sweet Potato Pud'n Cake (double in the 14" Dutch Oven).
Closed Thread